“Great stay for the money!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beachcomber Motel
Save Saved
You added Beachcomber Motel to your Saves list
7500 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #14 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
“Great stay for the money!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed at the Beachcomber Motel August 17 - August 20. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The rooms were comfortable, clean and roomy enough for a family of five. The small kitchenette, microwave and small refrigerator was just enough for our needs. Very short walk to the beach and the pool was a hit for the kids!!! The virtual tour and pictures on the website are very true to what the motel looks like. I will definitely revisit the Beachcomber on future visits to OC. ENJOYED MY STAY!

• Stayed August 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were just in Ocean City MD for vacation July 7 thru 11th. Loved the beachcomber!!!!!!! The rates were great rooms basic but very clean with the bonus of a small kitchen area including silverware,dishes ect. Its a short walk to the beach with no streets to cross. Very nice place for families or couples. Next trip to oc we will stay there for sure!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Quarryville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My first trip to Ocean City ended badly last year, especially since we had a crappy stay at another motel. My boyfriend and I researched a bit during the year and found this place. I was very very happy to have found this.

First, the room was bigger than I expected. The fridge was a perfect size for the week and it was so nice to have a kitchenette in the room. It helped a lot when we just wanted to stay at the beach all day and not have to rush out to dinner. The pool was also awesome and much bigger than the last motel. The private balcony was also a plus and it was also very spacious.

The maid was VERY helpful and nice. She was able to answer a couple questions I had about the area, even the owners pointed us in good directions. She cleaned up everything quickly but did not miss anything that was needed.

We will definitely be coming back next year and we can't wait!

Room Tip: The second floor, to me, is the best option but all floors seems nice :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Just returned from a great stay at the Beachcomber. Our stay started off great before we even got there. We weren't going to make it on time and one phone call to Dave was all it took. He waited for us, that really meant alot. Everyone there was very helpful and cheerful our whole stay. It just kept getting better, the room was very big and roomy. Also, it was nice to not have to cross Coastal Hwy to get to the beach. BONUS.. The bus stops were right there, so we didn't have to drive anywhere.

If your looking for a nice place to stay on the ocean side I can't think of a better place.

We will difinitely be going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family booked a room here well in advance for Sunfest, i.e. The biggest festival in Ocean City. We arrived on Sunfest's opening day, a sunny 80-degree Thursday morning. I simply could not wait to change and get into that lovely pool that I saw online. When we pulled up to the office, my jaw hit the ground. THEY DRAINED THE POOL! On opening day of Sunfest weekend. When the temperatures were in the 80s and the motel would be filled to half occupancy! ARGHHHH!!!

When I asked for an explanation, I was told that they would be closing the place on Sunday (Three days later)! I'm sorry, but that's no excuse! When you have guests coming that even inquired about the pool during booking, you don't deny them a major amenity that they were expecting!

Aside from that letdown, the view that everyone else mentioned definitely did not disappoint! Spectacular sunsets over the bay and gratuitous people and car watching over Coastal Hwy. For those who weren't aware, there is also a strong Wi-Fi signal available here. The balcony was spacious and also the room. There was never a feeling of cabin fever, even on the occasions when we spent several hours sitting around.

The TV got many popular channels. It was a flat screen on a swivel base with a remote.

The friendly maid kept the room clean daily. We never ran out of towels or toiletries.

Loved the kitchenette. Loved the fact that there was plenty of place to stow our luggage, purchases, and other things. Loved the long wall mirror. Loved being on an end unit with a side window. Loved the fact that we had a private off-street parking lot for guests only. Lots of parking under the building, which is good if it rains.

We did tell the management that something was wrong with our toilet. It flushed with great force, and spat back shredded toilet paper, etc. into the bowl, necessitating a second flush most times. Nothing was done about it during our stay.

The walls are *not* soundproof. The two couples in the adjacent room were moving furniture around one night for some reason, and one of the women laughed at the top of her lungs for a good hour after we went to bed. Traffic noise is audible from the bed nearest the balcony, but continuous droning of cars is easier to ignore than piercing bursts of laughter.

This motel is located at a great "halfway" spot on 75th St. It didn't take that long to get anywhere. 75th St. Medical is next door, the police were everywhere, and the fire station is just down the block, so we felt pretty safe during our visit! Honestly, after all my carping, I would go here again, just to see if it would be better the next time.

Room Tip: Make sure that the pool is going to be open during your visit if you want to use it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shavertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

What a great motel, nice size pool. Very very clean and I am picky about cleanliness. The only problem was the refrigerator did not keep food cold enough and the freezer was totally useless. Lucky for us though, they have a free ice machine!! Convenient location to beach (1/2 block) and within walking distance to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Third floor was great! No noise from traffic .
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Went to Ocean City for my nieces wedding was looking for a reasonably priced clean place to stay, my niece suggested this spot. Rooms were very clean I was on the street side but kept the sliding glass doors closed did not hear a thing! Nice walk to the beach...my grandson enjoyed it very much and we plan on returning next year! Owners are hands on and are very nice to talk to!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Beachcomber Motel? Share your experiences!