“Worth Every Penny We Spent To Stay There!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beachcomber Motel
You added Beachcomber Motel to your Saves list
7500 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #15 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Worth Every Penny We Spent To Stay There!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

We just returned from spending 4 nights at the Beachcomber and it was definitely worth what we paid. It's nice to have a place to stay in OC in the high season that those on a budget can enjoy without worrying if the place is a dump or not.

From the time we made our reservations over the phone about a month before, the staff was very professional and accommodating. And, it didn't stop when we checked in, the office staff was very professional and courtesy and the times during our stay I had questions, they answered them without making you feel like you're interrupting them. And, the night before we were to leave, I asked the man in the office if I should leave the keys in the room since we'd be leaving prior to the office opening, he told me I could just drop them in the box outside the office and then told me to hold on a minute that he had something for me and he gave me a mug with Beachcomber on it and said since I'd be leaving before the office opened, he wanted to thank me for choosing and staying at Beachcomber and offered the mug as a memento.

The housekeeping staff did a good job as well. The room was always clean when we'd return to it.

Our motel room was nice with partly tiled floors in the kitchen and bath areas which was nice so we could take our sandy shoes off there without tracking sand onto the carpeted living area. There's a King size bed and a large double bed in the spacious living area which both were very comfortable. There was a nice-sized table and four comfortable chairs.

The kitchen area had a two-burner stove, a little bit bigger than a dorm size fridge that also had a freezer compartment and also had a nice area where you could store your soda cans on top of each other and pull one out as needed. It had a small microwave that we put to use to make tea in the morning and there's also a coffee maker for those who would need it. There was plates and silverware, albeit, mismatched, but since we weren't having any formal dinners it didn't matter to us. They also provided kitchen towels and dish detergent as well.

There was plenty of storage space, an open closet to hang clothes and a shelf of which also had a portable ironing board and iron if you would need it. And, there was a long tabletop dresser with two nice-sized deep drawers. They had what appeared to be new televisions and a cable system including HBO.

There was plenty of lighting with a hanging light over the dining table, two nice-sized nightstand table lights as well as recessed lighting in the kitchen and bathroom vanity areas.

The vanity area was separate from the bathroom and flowed into the kitchen area which was very convenient. The bathroom area itself was rather small and ideal for one person to maneuver around but if you have to assist someone which in my case I did with a disabled sister, it was pretty cramped. The tub/shower area could use some updating and there was no type of handrail to get in or out of the tub/shower which I believe it could use. There was plenty of hot water though and we had no troubles whatsoever with any of the bathroom fixtures.

Although I was very happy with the motel room itself at Beachcomber's though my favorite place would have to be their over-sized balconies where you could see the bay and the sunsets from. The balconies also face Ocean Highway and maybe for some the traffic might not be tolerable, for us it was fun to watch the cars go by and the traffic noise also lulled us to sleep at night.

And, one other thing about the room, it is the first hotel room I have ever stayed at where I didn't hear noise from the other rooms on either side. I believe perhaps their utilization of concrete walls is probably the reason.

The AC also worked very well in the room and with the temperatures hitting the 90's outside, it was definitely a welcomed relief to come back to a nicely cooled room.

The elevator also was a nice feature. It sure beats hauling your belongings up and down four flights of stairs.

And, a nice surprise was that you could see the ocean between two of the buildings on the landing outside entering your room. And, it was a very easy two to three minute walk to the beach and ocean with no streets to cross.

The pool area was nice but I would have liked to have seen a little more decking around the pool especially where the lounge chairs were located there was just enough room for one person to walk through from the end of the chairs to where the pool was. The pool and surrounding area was very clean and refreshing.

Parking was not a problem and was easy in and out of the lot onto Ocean Highway with two entrances and exits.

And, there are numerous restaurants and shops in walking distance of Beachcombers to explore.

We had such a fantastic time here that we will definitely plan another stay for next year!

• Liked — The over-sized balconies
  • Disliked — Small bathroom area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manchester, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

Needed a cheap and cheerful place to stay for 2 families of 5. This place has basic but clean rooms with fridge, microwave and 2 ring stove top. We were able to get adjoining rooms which meant the teenagers (and us) had some separate space! The beach is literally 2 mins down the side street, no roads to cross, and is wide and sandy. The pool was clean and in the sun most of the day. Staff were pleasant and helpful, even supplying the ever needed corkscrew!!
Various Restaurants right down and across the road. One with the biggest all you can eat buffet I have ever seen!
Only down side was that the balconies faced the road but once the day time traffic calmed down it was lovely to sit there and look across at the sea and the stars.

Hope you find it as good as we did.

Stayed August 2007
scranton pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

My wife and i just got back from an enjoyable 4 night stay at the beachcomber from 6/24-6/28. Our room was roomy and had a king size and doule size bed with a good size refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink, and electric stove. We had a balcony that overlooked the main street in ocean city as well as a nice view of the bay and just outside our door on the balcony we had a slight view of the ocean. The room was very clean, the 2 guys that were in the office were very nice and every time we saw either one of them they always asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything. they have a nice little pool area and the walk to the beach was only about 5 minutes with no streets to cross. we were only a half of block from the bus stop and within walking distance to several restaurants. This motel was just perfect for us and the price of less than 100 dollars a night was awesome. If your looking for a awesome place to stay at a good price then this is certainly the perfect choice. When we go back to Ocean City we will certainly stay at the beachcomber.

Been to Beachcomber Motel? Share your experiences!