“Better than expected.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beachcomber Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Beachcomber Motel
Save Saved
You added Beachcomber Motel to your Saves list
7500 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #15 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Chesapeake Beach, MD
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is based on a visit during August 2012.

Pros:
*The place is "hotel clean."
*Rates are reasonable based on location and time of year.
*There is parking is under the structure--this means the sun is not beating on your car all day.
*Walking distance to the beach.
*Hotel pool is small, but clean and well-maintained.
*Ironing board, iron, frig, microwave, kitchenette available in our room.
*Staff is friendly and helpful.
*Garden hose near the entrance is available to wash beach sand off yourself.
*Elevator is large and responsive.

Cons:
*Rooms face the main road (Coastal Hwy) instead of the ocean, which is partially obscured by other buildings closer to the ocean.
*Traffic is loud unless the door to the balcony is closed.
*No Internet access. ("Go to McDonald's")
*Room key is an old school metal key with a plastic tag with the room number imprinted on it.
*No room safe.
*A/C filter cleaning/replacement is needed. A/C unit it loud. Wear noise plugs to bed.
*If you're looking for privacy while you change in your room, the bathroom is the only place to do it, and it's really small. So if you're a big person...

Other observations:
*There are two handicap parking spaces.
*Hotel pool's deep end is 5 feet. There is no diving board (which is a good thing in this case).
*The exterior and the room interiors appear to have been recently painted--and painted properly.
*There is at least one cart available to make the moving of luggage from your car to your room easier.
*There is no fitness center.
*There is no free breakfast or other similar amenities.
*The ice machine is the ground floor.

Room Tip: Higher floors will be exposed to less traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
allentown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I was surprised to see so many good reviews on a motel that was so reasonably priced so I decided to try it out. I have to say It was VERY clean and rooms Very big....the view to the bay was refreshing the beach was only a half a block a way and we were far enough from the hustle an bustle to actually enjoy our vacation me and my boyfriend stayed for 2 nights and never heard any excessive noise and slept so comfortable. The staff was also very accommodating I lost a piece of my earring down the sink and the staff tried for 40 min to get it out! Although they couldn't I appreciated the effort. I will definitely be coming back to stay here on my next visit and would recommend this place to anyone who wants a clean place with a good location and very nice staff.

• Stayed August 2012
Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went to O.C. last week on short notice, found several rooms, some of which we have stayed before. We chose to stay at the beachcomber, we found the staff friendly and accomodating, The price was right, the room was clean, service was good. The room is a bit dated but so is grandma's house! had a great time, wanted balcony, pool and oceanside, for that price it was great, also had good cable TV even though the TV was a bit small and so was the bathroom but it was acceptable. had a great view of the Bay! I would stay there again, would be a little cramped for 4 people though unless they were little kids.! Overall we were very satisfied. Pool a bit small but big enough.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room by the pool!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just spent four days at the Beachcomber and it was great. Been going to OC for over 30 years and have been in many motels, low to high rates. Must say we were pleasantly surprised with the Beachcomber beings the rates were so low. The rooms were very spacious, very clean and beds were so comfy. Had a small kitchenette, a/c worked great and never ran out of hot water like most hotels. The pool was very clean and refreshing and only 1/2 block walk to the beach. The owners and cleaning staff were very nice and pleasant to deal with. I have been in very expensive hotels ranging 200-300 and this was by far a much cleaner and roomier hotel than those that were so expensive. I will continue to stay at the Beachcomber every visit to OC. No more hotel/motel searching for me. I've found the best in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, never heard anything at all. This is a family oriented hotel with no lo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I'll start by saying I am from NJ and familiar with the Jersey shore motel rooms that cost $200 a night and you usually share with the roaches!
When I saw the price of this motel per night ($130-$150) I thought that it would be something comparable to what I get in the Jersey shore. I wasn't looking for anything fancy.
This motel exceeded my expectations!!
We arrived early in the morning, not expecting to check in until 3pm, the directed time. I went to the front desk upon my arrival which was 9am. The front desk staff is extremely friendly! They offered me a parking pass, completed my paperwork in a timely manner and explained that the room was not ready yet but they would call me as soon as it was available.
We headed down to the beach which was within walking distance and relaxed on the beach for awhile. Front desk called around 1130am and said the room was ready. I was impressed with the service!
The rooms were decent. Very spacious. We had a king size bed and a double bed, even though I only asked for a king. There was a private balcony and a very small area with a stove, sink and microwave. The room also has a large dresser and closet and a small dining table. The negatives, the beds were hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom could use some updating, I had to hold up the drain in the sink to let the water go down.
The location was great. Right across the street from big peckers and bayside skillet (amazing crepes). Walking distance to Bj's on the bay. Within a few blocks of Seacrets. That was our main reason for our trip to OC and I was a little bummed that it was not as close as they had made it sound. Princess bayside is the hotel to stay in if you want to be within walking distance of Seacrets. If you are down for some sun, sand and drinks, great food and floating in the ocean this is a great place!! We had a blast and can't wait to return! Overall I recommend this motel. It's your basic beach motel with a great value and great location!

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I was very leary considering the price. Most places in this price range in OC are dumps, but this was clean, the pool was great, good beach access and no problems with the staff. Would stay again. As I was once told some people like it some people don't :-)

• Stayed July 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

These brothers go out of there way to make you feel welcome. we got there pretty early so we were worry we couldn't get our room until "check in time" but they had no problem with it so we were very happy! We spent 3 days there - the rooms were nice and clean the pool was clean couldn't get my daughter out of there! the beach is very close by. The location was good for us didn't want to be near the broadwalk or all that noise! We will Defiantly go back next year again, although the hubby is talking about going back again in August :)

Room Tip: There is very little ocean view rooms but who cares the beach is right there you can walk there and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beachcomber Motel? Share your experiences!