“Great Price, Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beachmark Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Beachmark Motel
You added The Beachmark Motel to your Saves list
73rd Street and Oceanside, Ocean City, MD 21843   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #71 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Glen Burnie
“Great Price, Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

People who work here, must love thier job! Very nice people from Housekeeping, to front desk. Beds are cozy, rooms are clean, pool is well kept. close to everything, Have stayed here last 8 yrs. and always happy ... highly reccommed!

• Liked — clean safe
  • Disliked — room avalibility on dates i wanted
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

We wanted to spend a couple of day at the beach without spending an arm and a leg. This motel fit the bill. It was without a doubt the most affordable places that I called. We were going on short notice and most of the other places were either booked or charging $200+ per night. I was totally satisfied with the price.

The last time I went to OC we stayed on the boardwalk and I swore that I would never go back. I hated the entire place. We decided to try OC again, this time nowhere near the boardwalk. I was pleased to find out that this motel is on the north side of OC. It's in the much calmer and more laid back section of town. There are condos and houses surrounding the motel. I felt like we were in a neighborhood and not a tourist trap.

The motel is an older building, but it fits in with the other building in the area. It has the biggest pool in OC and it is very easy to find a spot to chill out. The beach is only 30 steps away from the motel. We got a side room where you could sit out on the balcony and see the ocean. There is a building between the back of the motel and the beach, but you can see the ocean if you're on the side. The only complaint is that there isn't an elevator. We were on the 3rd floor, not a big problem. But if you're lugging up 3 bags of luggage it can be a little difficult.

The room was just fine. The bathrooms are old, but very clean. The beds were ok. A little soft for my liking, but it wasn't bad. The room had a fridge, stove, and you could use one of the irons from the front office.

Overall I was pleased with my stay at the Beachmark. I would go back, if the price is right. I wouldn't pay more than $90 to stay here, it is a pretty good place if you're on a budget or have limited choices. I still don't care that much for OC, but by staying at the Beachmark I've stopped "HATING" OC and now consider it an OK place to spend a couple of days.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Age of the property
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

We stayed at the Beachmark this past August - the week before Labor Day. Although the hotel got generally good reviews I was a little nervous because it wasn't very expensive compared to a lot of hotels on the beach. Don't be afraid to stay here - the place is fine. It's an older hotel but the room was big (with a full sized refridgerator in the kitchenette, couch, table and chairs, etc), clean and in a nice location. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the bathroom- which was small and had old fixtures (but it was pretty clean.) This hotel has a big, nice pool with lots of chaise lounges and tables with umbrellas. It is less than a block to the beach and you don't have to cross any roads to get to it. The Beachmark is about a mile or so up from the boardwalk area. Take the city bus - it's $2 to ride all day - makes frequent stops- very easy to use - to go down to the boardwalk, resturants, etc.

Would definately stay here again.

Stayed August 2007
Mount Lebanon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

A friend had stayed here previously and so we booked. The rooms were in good condition, the pool looked inviting and not too crowded (we never went). Overall, I would stay here again. I gave it a three, rather than a 4 more for being farther from the boardwalk.

The first downside is that the motel is about 45 blocks away from the boardwalk, but the positive is that you can get a 24 hour bus pass for $2 and ride all day (be careful during peak times, it can be very hard to get a bus). The bus stop is pretty much right in front of the motel.

The next thing is that it has easy access to the beach, but it's not ocean front. There's a larger Beachmark condo building in the way. But all the rooms face the pool, which was still nice. The ocean near the motel was clean and not too crowded either, and there was a lifeguard right there.

The bathroom was ok, but the only things were were given were hand/bath soap. There were so shampoo's or anything. And the towels were plenty, but they were pretty small. Nothing really to complain about. The beds were comfy and the AC worked just fine.

For the price, I was very happy. And as I said before, I would stay here again.

• Liked — The staff was very friendly.
  • Disliked — The distance from the boardwalk.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Beachmark Motel? Share your experiences!