“Great Location!! Motorcycle and Car Events.” 4 of 5 stars

Madison Beach Motel
9 N Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #20 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Reva, Virginia
“Great Location!! Motorcycle and Car Events.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The Madison Beach Motel is such a Friendly Clean motel!! The entire staff from Debby Wells,Manager, Bill and Robin at the front desk, to Joe with the cleaning crew and Bucky with maintenance are all awesome people! They greet you with a smile and hug (if you want one,haha) to always being helpful for any requests or questions we had! The rooms are a little small, but you're not in them all day and they are always clean. The location is perfect!! Just a few steps up to the boardwalk for fun and games and of course, Thrasher french fries! A must. I highly recommend this motel especially for the Motorcycle and Car events. So easy to get into and out of parking lot . So much fun to see all the bikers and their family's. We have met so many wonderful friends! ENJOY!! your stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Take a trip back in time and enjoy the wonderful retro Madison Beach Motel where the staff greets guests with great old-fashioned hospitality!

The adventure begins with the neon sign out front and beach access across the street at 1st and Boardwalk! This 2-story motel is fabulous with updated, super-clean rooms; small refrigerator; microwave; plantation shutters; flat screen TV; and delightfully painted retro-colored cinder block walls (which makes for a quiet room, too).

A very nice and large balcony on the front of the motel is furnished with comfortable chairs, lounges and tables so you can enjoy the sites for hours! You can even see the fireworks from the balcony!

The pool is immaculate! Be sure to rinse off the sand with the handy outdoor showers before you jump into the pool. This helps it stay so nice!

The manager, Toshia, is very pleasant and accommodating! She knows the ins and outs and the goings on in Ocean City. Toshia will make your stay very nice. Be sure to have a cup of coffee in the lobby with her unless she’s busy helping others, of course.

My sister and I stayed at the Madison Beach Motel with three, 17-year-old girls and we all had a blast! It was so nice not to have to drive the girls around. They walked across the street to the Boardwalk in the evenings and the beach during the day. In fact, it’s so convenient to everything that we didn’t need to use our car.

The Madison Beach Motel is right at the end of Rt. 50 E. Be sure to be on the lookout for your first left-hand turn off of 50 because that’s N. Baltimore St. and the motel is on your immediate left!

This is an absolute gem of a motel! Enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and quiet due to the cinder block construction. We stayed in the front of the mo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Numidia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a great location with a minute walk to boardwalk. The room was clean but very small...two beds with nightstand between them...that was it wall to wall....no bathtub in any rooms...showers only..daytime staff was great and took care of every need or problem....overnight staff not so much.....for younger travelers spending time on beach and out at night would be a great place to stay....older folks spending any time in room I would look elsewhere... Not even a chair to sit on to watch tv need to sit on beds...not great for your back

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stated at the Madison Beach Motel on 10/10-10/13. This is just your basic room, but you are in OC and you are out more than you are in. The service is great....friendly employees....coffee 24 hours free in the lobby. Housekeeping was great, room was nice and clean. Little musty but I had my frebreeze with me. Totally enjoyed the rainy trip...you can't determine how Mother Nature will be. But all in all it was a great trip and the room and staff at the Motel was awesome. Thanks to each and everyone of you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Clean room, friendly staff, new pool, and close to the 'action' part of O.C. What more can you ask for? I go to the beach for fun in the sun and of course, the food. The staff were helpful in their recommendations, always smiling, and looking out to enhance my visit. If you want five star, then go get five star. If you want a good place close to everythihg then stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool look newer if that really means anything. Being close to the pool is probably bett...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Wilton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked the motel on line, relying on the TA reviews. This is the smallest area we've occupied. One wall was block, the painted wall look ok but the paint is bubbled or cracked in places. We also could not get the internet connection to work. And, after looking at my feet and showering, I shuffled to the bed with my towel and looking at the towel after that short trip I took to wearing my crocs inside. That rarely happens. The location is excellent and the staff are very friendly, there was no mold in our shower, but not many good channels on TV. So, all in all an average stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgeport, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A whole bunch of us stayed there because we were boat racing.... We all think we got "duped" by the pictures of the place. It looks decent online with the pictures provided.. but it isn't. We got there late, and there weren't many choices during this time of year so we got "punked".. . there was a decent TV. that's it.. The air conditioners were set at 68 to keep the dampness out, but they wouldn't get cold.. I felt like I had a cool sweat going on the whole time.. one of the beds in our room was at an angle. I had a room upstairs with a carpet, the people downstairs that had rooms had tile in them which you think would of helped but it was worse on the bottom floor rooms.. some rooms had water damage warping from the old paneling that was painted. I unleashed a whole can of Lysol in my room, it helped for a day but then went back to stinking. I cleaned out the air conditioner vents in my room and a few of my friends, and that didn't help.. we were going to change our room the next day and the maid told me that they all smell the same. she was nice enough to give me a bottle of anti- stink stuff that she was using on the other rooms, but it did not work.. she knocked on my door and asked me if I needed maid service and the room was just so freaking small I said give me fresh towels instead. well, all the towels had a nasty grey tint to them.. like they still had everyones dead skin embedded in them and they were all rough. my friend in another room had bed bug bites all over his stomach. another friend in another room had the end of the cord of his cell phone that was laying in his bed and the maid left a pre printed message saying that she couldn't change the room due to personal property left on the bed.. PERSONAL PROPERTY?? that's it just the phone charger cord and she would not make the bed, he would have to call back and remove the phone cord...another friend was smart, checked in, opened the door to the room, and then left.. he couldn't handle the smell. There was another message from a former guest in one of the windows that obviously had been sitting there for a while that said "This place is disgusting, they had a roach, bed bugs, and never ever again. I wish I saw that before everyone had sucked it up and checked in there.. Everyone's clothes stunk from this place. if you have any bit of allergies this is not the place for you. and you need to not bring your luggage back into your home, you will be coming back with more than you left with.. wash everything first.... just disgusting..

Room Tip: go to another hotel.. that's my travelers tip..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Madison Beach Motel? Share your experiences!