“great service, location an staff!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Madison Beach Motel to your Saves list
Madison Beach Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9 N Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #22 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
“great service, location an staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Iv had two really good experiences here. The staff is awesome expecially Bill the night manager he was really helpful nice an hospitable both stays! I highly recommend this place. The location is also really nice only a block away from the boardwalk an they have a pool.

• Stayed September 2013
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi Wfire,
I appreciate your review and am so happy that you are a repeat guest. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, they truly care about the guest experience. I hope you will continue to make us your accommodations of choice when in Ocean City. Please let me know if I might ever be of service.
Debby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Yes! Our kids 5 and 2 loved it! It was September (6-8 th) and not as crowded. I felt safe with them and heard not much noise from the street and we were on the end. We had the pool to ourselves and i liked that I could feed the kids oatmeal on the shared porch/ balcony. Loved that it had a fridge and microwave! I feel we over paid at $139 a night for the quality of the motel. It was the oldest I've even stayed it! The bathrooms were small and outdated. No bathtub and I could not shower with my 2 yr old Bc it was so small! Would have been a better choice for a girls weekend Bc of the pool, sun porch and location! It was clean at first glance but I don't let the kids play on the carpet. We'd be back with our own blankets and pillows. Oh.. The bath towels were rough and need replaced! So bring an extra bath towel too! More hooks are needed too! If I could have got my two nights stay for $100 LESS this place would be awesome!! Or come on the weekdays for $65! That may be our plan for next year.I like the staff! Everyone was pleasant! Bill was friendly and eager to Please. He hooked me up with more pillows. We got an hour later check out and stayed after check out and used the pool and changing room!

• Stayed September 2013
Hi VL,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Madison Beach Motel. I'm pleased to hear that you and your children had a good time. While it's true the Madison is an older motel, we are constantly striving to keep the rooms clean and updated. We are currently looking into electronic locks and heavier linens. A few other surprises are in store for our repeat and new guests as well! It's great you were able to secure a late checkout and utilize the pool and changing room before leaving. I also want to thank you for commenting on my staff...I think they are excellent too. I hope to meet you on your next visit.
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Hotel was clean, had a refrigerator and microwave. It is an old hotel but works well for people who are spending most of their days at the beach. It has cable t.v. and the A/C always works well!! We spend most of our time at the beach so it served its purpose great! It is located right near the entrance of the beach, right beside a pay parking lot, and near the 7-11. To my family, it has a great location. If you do not want to hit the beach it has a pool and sun decks. You can read on the sun deck while watching the traffic go by! Every time we have been at this hotel during the week Tuesdays have had Fireworks! You can see them from the sun deck. A great location! In all we were very satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the bottom floor but the top works just as well!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Niki,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm so pleased that you are a repeat guest, we truly appreciate your business! It's so nice of you to point out the finer points of the Madison, such as our cleanliness and fantastic location. The fireworks are definitely an added bonus. Looking forward to having you as our guest again in the very near future.

New Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first time staying here, we enjoyed the convenience of staying downtown OC. All the staff was very friendly and helpful especially Selina and Toshia they were great. The rooms are a little on the small size, but very clean and nice. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello Joni,
Thank you for your kind comments about Toshia and Selina, they are both wonderful assets to the Madison staff. It was so nice of you to point out our convenient location and room cleanliness, we strive very hard to provide each and every guest a pleasant stay. Thanks for choosing us for the first time, I hope you will return again and again!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am not a big fan of Motels. They usually come across as dirty and seedy. The Madison Motel was the complete opposite. The motel was clean, quiet and surprisingly very family friendly. The staff was very accommodating, especially an employee named BIll. We booked a room last min. on the friday of labor day weekend and Bill was able to accommodate my group of six with no problem. He also recommended some great places to eat. We were all very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

It's so great you decided to give us a chance and found how hospitable motels can be. I'm happy that your large group was accommodated and that Bill was able to make some recommendations that you enjoyed. I hope that you will make us your accommodations of choice when in Ocean City, Maryland again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I decided to plan a last minute trip to OC, MD over Labor Day weekend Needless to say, all of the hotels were overpriced. I would typically not stay in a motel, but I refused to pay $1000 for 3 days at the beach. Madison...you really surprised me! Though the bathroom/room were really small, it was clean, slept well and the staff was great. I was overcharged when I checked-in; however, it was promptly refunded and explained that my room was upgraded ( due to unavailability of the smaller cheeper room I requested)and the right code for billing was never put in. I respected the hotel's honesty. Although I will probably always stay away from motels in the future, Madison is the one motel I would be willing to stay at again. What a nice little gem, tucked away right across the street from my favorite area of the beach/boardwalk!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Hali,

Thank you for your kind review. I recall meeting you at check in, it was such a pleasure. I agree, the Madison Beach is a "gem" with a great location and clean, comfortable rooms. I'm thrilled that you will be our guest again. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I might ever be of service.

Little Egg Harbor,Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay. Debby Wells is an excellent manager and makes you feel right at home. when we weren't happy with our first room she went out of her way to accommodate. Bill was also very pleasant and helpful. When checking out Robin/Toshia were very pleasant and helpful. we found this motel last year and have been back several times and will definitely go again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Eileen,
I really appreciate you taking the time to review the Madison Beach Motel. It was a pleasure meeting you! Thank you for your kind comments about us, I truly have one of the best staffs in Ocean City! I hope to see you again soon.

Debby

Been to Madison Beach Motel? Share your experiences!