“Good Hotel for the Beach” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9 N Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waldorf, Maryland
“Good Hotel for the Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Hotel was clean, had a refrigerator and microwave. It is an old hotel but works well for people who are spending most of their days at the beach. It has cable t.v. and the A/C always works well!! We spend most of our time at the beach so it served its purpose great! It is located right near the entrance of the beach, right beside a pay parking lot, and near the 7-11. To my family, it has a great location. If you do not want to hit the beach it has a pool and sun decks. You can read on the sun deck while watching the traffic go by! Every time we have been at this hotel during the week Tuesdays have had Fireworks! You can see them from the sun deck. A great location! In all we were very satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the bottom floor but the top works just as well!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Niki,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm so pleased that you are a repeat guest, we truly appreciate your business! It's so nice of you to point out the finer points of the Madison, such as our cleanliness and fantastic location. The fireworks are definitely an added bonus. Looking forward to having you as our guest again in the very near future.

Debby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first time staying here, we enjoyed the convenience of staying downtown OC. All the staff was very friendly and helpful especially Selina and Toshia they were great. The rooms are a little on the small size, but very clean and nice. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello Joni,
Thank you for your kind comments about Toshia and Selina, they are both wonderful assets to the Madison staff. It was so nice of you to point out our convenient location and room cleanliness, we strive very hard to provide each and every guest a pleasant stay. Thanks for choosing us for the first time, I hope you will return again and again!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am not a big fan of Motels. They usually come across as dirty and seedy. The Madison Motel was the complete opposite. The motel was clean, quiet and surprisingly very family friendly. The staff was very accommodating, especially an employee named BIll. We booked a room last min. on the friday of labor day weekend and Bill was able to accommodate my group of six with no problem. He also recommended some great places to eat. We were all very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

It's so great you decided to give us a chance and found how hospitable motels can be. I'm happy that your large group was accommodated and that Bill was able to make some recommendations that you enjoyed. I hope that you will make us your accommodations of choice when in Ocean City, Maryland again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I decided to plan a last minute trip to OC, MD over Labor Day weekend Needless to say, all of the hotels were overpriced. I would typically not stay in a motel, but I refused to pay $1000 for 3 days at the beach. Madison...you really surprised me! Though the bathroom/room were really small, it was clean, slept well and the staff was great. I was overcharged when I checked-in; however, it was promptly refunded and explained that my room was upgraded ( due to unavailability of the smaller cheeper room I requested)and the right code for billing was never put in. I respected the hotel's honesty. Although I will probably always stay away from motels in the future, Madison is the one motel I would be willing to stay at again. What a nice little gem, tucked away right across the street from my favorite area of the beach/boardwalk!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Hali,

Thank you for your kind review. I recall meeting you at check in, it was such a pleasure. I agree, the Madison Beach is a "gem" with a great location and clean, comfortable rooms. I'm thrilled that you will be our guest again. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I might ever be of service.

Little Egg Harbor,Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay. Debby Wells is an excellent manager and makes you feel right at home. when we weren't happy with our first room she went out of her way to accommodate. Bill was also very pleasant and helpful. When checking out Robin/Toshia were very pleasant and helpful. we found this motel last year and have been back several times and will definitely go again.

Hi Eileen,
I really appreciate you taking the time to review the Madison Beach Motel. It was a pleasure meeting you! Thank you for your kind comments about us, I truly have one of the best staffs in Ocean City! I hope to see you again soon.

Strasburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My 14 year old son and I just stayed here last week. I'm sure it's not the fanciest hotel in Ocean City, but I certainly don't care. I came to OCMD to go to the beach. I was able to park my car in front of our room and walk everywhere we needed to go. I did need to drive to the Bonfire for dinner but other than that we walked everywhere. The boardwalk is literally across the street from the motel. The room was clean. When I checked into the motel I accidently left my credit card at the front desk. The manager came to our room to return it to me personally. The price was unbelievably low for how close it is to the boardwalk. I could go on and on....Love this motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Carolyn,
It is a real pleasure to read such a glowing review. We truly care about each and every guest experience and it's so rewarding to know that we have succeeded. Thank you for pointing out our awesome location and the cleanliness. I look forward to your return visit.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've been coming to the Madison since I was 12. My dad was a bus driver who used to take multiple groups of people to the motel throughout the summer. I'm now 27 and my wife and I stay at the Madison. I've stayed here more times than I can count and I can't ever remember a time that I was disappointed with, or had a bad experience at the Motel.

As others have said, it is not a 5 star property but that shouldn't take away from how great this motel is. Realistically, you only sleep and shower in your room. The rest of the day is spent enjoying Ocean City. It is within walking distance of the boardwalk and all of the downtown area. It's always clean and the staff has always been friendly. They have made upgrades over the years that include flat screen tvs and room renovations.

The prices for these rooms are amazing. My wife and I just got back from a Monday - Friday getaway (8/19-8/23) and rooms started at $89 a night! I researched other lodging in the area and they were $150 plus a night. We opted to spend a slight bit more ($109 per night) and get a king bed. This was still a heck of a deal

Bottom line, don't be scared away by the few negative reviews on here. This is an amazing motel for the price. The service is always awesome, and the experience is unforgettable. Do yourself a favor and discover one of Ocean City's hidden secrets on your next trip to the beach.

Room Tip: If you are a couple I would pay the slight difference for a king bed. You won't regret it.
Will,
Wow! What a fantastic review. It's so much fun to hear from guests that have been staying at the Madison Beach since they were children. Although you have seen many changes in the property , you've always received great service and a clean room. What a wonderful history you have with us. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance in making your future reservations. I look forward to seeing you.

Debby

Been to Madison Beach Motel? Share your experiences!