“Small but will stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Madison Beach Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9 N Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #22 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Small but will stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

stayed for one night about a week ago, if under 25 there is a deposit, but you get it back next day (depending on bank) , had an extra large room, and fit 2 adults 3 children and a baby crib just fine. bathroom was small, but we spent very little time in room other then dressing and sleeping. if you are looking for a cheap room 1 block from boardwalk at start of it, this is where to stay. everyone working there was very friendly, my room was clean, and pool was as well. i will stay again at madison beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Greetings Amanda,
I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review for the Madison Beach Motel and mentioning our cleanliness, friendliness and great location. We too, feel we are great value. Thanks for your time, looking forward to your return visit.

Debby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

trying to find a room at the beach in the August at a reasonable price is difficult if not daunting. We stumbled across a gem. Not much to look at and tiny rooms, but clean and well cared for! I watched them painstakingly clean a pool this morning that was already inviting (I don't usually trust small hotel pools because of neglect). This same attention to detail was obvious throughout the property. This hotel will not be for everyone, but you cannot beat the location for the price and it was clean, safe, and Don and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Madison Beach. We agree it's a gem in the best location! Thank you for stating that you found our property clean and well cared for, we work very hard to ensure a positive guest experience. I have shared your comments with my staff, they take a lot of pride in the Madison. I hope that we will have you as our guests again in the very near future.

Bel Air, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

i do not recommend staying at madison beach. i requested a poolside room when i booked and did not receive it. i booked a room for one night, and when i got there i was told about a 150 security deposit since i am under the age of 25. The deposit had to be paid in full in order to stay. so a 140 dollar room turned into a 300 dollar room. however, my girlfriend and i did receive our deposit back, but it was a huge inconvenience. meanwhile they say nothing about it prior to showing up. the room size is a little bigger than a shoe box. the bathroom and shower are barely big enough for one person. the floors are dirty, my feet were black on the bottom from walking around on the floor. bed is uncomfortable. i would look elsewhere.

Hi Amanda,
I'm truly sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory stay at the Madison Beach. As you can see by other reviews, it is an uncommon experience. There is no excuse for a dirty room and I'd like to make amends. Could you please contact me so that we can discuss this? I can be reached at 410-289-6282. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and i decided to stay at the Madison Beach Motel in oc md where we have stayed for many years we like that most of the staff are kind and one employee was very nice with asking if everything was ok and could he get us anything to make our stay even better we came in contact with Joe everyday and he was always very nice and his customer service was very good and we also like the fact that there was an employee that walked around the parking lot all night to watch over things when my family and i where asleep is made us feel really safe i dont know his name but he was also very nice and asking if everything was ok. I would have given 5 stars but the front desk ladies where not as nice as the other staff even the maids where nice being as the didnt speak much english they would always look at us and smile.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Becky,
Thank you for being our guest so many times over the years, we are honored that you continue to choose us. Joe is quite the ambassador at the Madison, I'm glad he makes your stay so enjoyable. I do want to apologize if my desk staff was less than friendly, it's inexcusable. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, location and exceptional guest service.
Again, I appreciate your time and look forward to your next visit.

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'll start by saying that the Madison is by no means a 5-star hotel, so don't expect it. That being said, the Madison is a wonderful value. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon and were in our room within 10 minutes. We found the room to be very clean, looked freshly renovated, and ice cold (which I love). The A/C unit in our room could have easily handled a small home, instead it was in our 15' x 15' hole...it was heaven. Of course if you don't like it cold, you can always turn it down, but that wasn't the case for us. The beds were of typical hotel quality, scratchy sheets and firm mattress, but that's everywhere you go. Be sure to bring along extra pillows and a soft blanket to sleep with. The room has a mini-fridge and small microwave, so don't expect a kitchenette. The fridge kept our drinks super cold, which was perfect. The most important part of every hotel room....the bathroom. If you are taller than 6' (as I am) or weigh more than 250lb, you may have trouble navigating around the door/toilet/sink. That being said, the shower was very clean and large, plenty of room for two :-P. And the water....wow! Always had hot water, even at peak showering times. In fact, we had friends come back and use our shower, and all four of us has back to back hot showers at 5pm, couldn't do that in my own home. Finally, parking is tight, so if you have multiple cars plan on fighting for a spot for the second. There is municipal parking right behind the building for $1.50/hour, 24 hours a day; we had one car and had no issues. I will say that most people who stayed in this motel seemed to stay out a little later. We never had trouble sleeping, but when we came back at 2am from bars, so did many others. Being in our late twenties, we felt right at home. And you can't beat the location! A 30 second walk takes you to a 7-eleven that sells beer, wine, ice and anything else. A heavy police presence makes you feel safe at night. And the boardwalk is just across the street, a 2 minute walk tops. Also, the stay was friendly and wonderful, gave us extra towels when we asked, and cleaned our room professionally when we were on the beach. Stay here! It's a great place!

Room Tip: Get the second floor, less foot traffic and vehicle noise.
Hi Mike,
Thank you for such a glowing review. How rewarding for us to hear that we did everything right. I'm glad you found us to be clean, comfortable and well maintained. It's true, our location puts you near the beach, boardwalk, restaurants, shops, amusements and bars. I'm glad we were where you wanted to be! Again, thank you for your time and kind comments, I hope we will see you again when you visit Ocean City, Maryland.

Greencastle, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Madison several times over the years and never had any issues. This time we got there and had problems upon arrival. The lady who was working the desk that day was rude and blamed me for giving her problems. Long Story. But after getting checked in we had a nice stay. Joe was very friendly and very helpful. And we were happy to have fresh coffee available in the AM. We had three rooms and we had 3 cars and two motorcycles and they left us keep the bikes under the roof and near the office. That was great. Selina was also very friendly and helpful. If the lady who checked us in would have been nice I would have given an excellent rating. On the downside, you are taking your life in your hands trying to get across the street to go to the beach and boardwalk, especially with children. One light turns red and then they are coming in from the bridge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Bobbie,
I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you choose to stay with us each time you are in Ocean City, repeat business is what we strive for. Thank you for your kind comments about Joe and Selina, I think they are outstanding too. I truly apologize for the less than welcoming reception you received. It is not how I want my guests to feel and I have spoken to the clerk in question. Again, thanks for taking the time to review us, we look forward to your return.

Shepherdstown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoyed our weekend stay. We wanted something clean, reasonably priced, and in a convenient location and this had all three. The room was small but that wasn't a big deal for us. Everyone was friendly.

Hi Jill,
We, at the Madison Beach Motel, are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate your kind comments regarding our cleanliness, prime location and friendly staff. I hope that we become your accommodations of choice when in Ocean City, Maryland.

Debby

Been to Madison Beach Motel? Share your experiences!