“Great Palce to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Palce to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our recent trip to Ocean City, MD could not have been better; our stay at Madison was top notch, Rates were great for mid July. Great staff, Don made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived. Friendly and fun staff. We arrived early and were able to park in the motel parking lot right away; we were called when our room (nice and clean) was ready. Check in is 3pm but we got a call at 2pm that the room was ready. . Clean and Comfortable. Perfect location, 1 block from the boardwalk and beach. Nice clean pool. We stayed 3 nights and wished we could stay longer. Another great perk, we checked out at check out time 11:00am but were able to stay parked in the motel parking lot until 3pm. So we got to enjoy the beach a little longer. I highly recommend Madison Beach Motel and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor near the ice machine and office. Room 123, we were able to park right in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DebbyOCRooms, Manager at Madison Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Maureen,
Thank you so much for the great recommendation. I'm pleased you found us to be clean,fun and friendly with a great location. Glad you were able to take advantage of our early check in feature as well as the extended parking hours upon check out. Please give us a call when you are ready to reserve for next year, we can't wait to have you as our guests again.

Debby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We got to the room and it was nice, but small. Manageable for a couple days when we were only in the room to shower and sleep. We had a room with two double beds and had 4 people. It was clean and we were satisfied...
...Until the 2nd night we were there. Our friends below us got locked in their room for 1 hour. We were heading out and we got delayed by an hour because the staff was not quick to let them out at all. What if there was a fire? Granted they had a window, but still an hour to get to them? It was nonsense.
And then there was the day we left. I packed my things, headed to the car, returned the key to the front desk- to the awesome older man :) - and then remembered my tablet I had forgotten in the room that I hadn't used the entire weekend. So i saw my house keeper in my room and ran up there and said I left my tablet. After me looking for it twice (just to my satsifaction of checking the room twice) she became billigerant. Yelling at me saying she already cleaned the room and that it wasn't in there. Cursing, and being very rude. So my opinion? You have a guilty conscience.
Proceeded to go down to the front desk to let them know, and they said they would keep an eye out for it. Thats all they said. No telling the manager, no offering to look for it, no offering to search the house keeper. Long story short, i called the manager and she said there was nothing she could do about it and the house keeper has never had an allegation against her. Well, theres a first time for everything.
So, housekeeper, I really hope you enjoyed my tablet for that hour until I had it deactivted and reported it stolen. Karma will get you.

Needless to say, all in all, the room was good. The staff was not. Keep your stuff locked in your car people.

Room Tip: A/C was on 60 the entire time and the room was til about 75 degrees. Don't get a room without a...
Hi Brook,
I'm sorry that you never found your tablet, neither did we. As discussed in our conversations, this has not occurred here before,nor has it since, so I'm at a loss as to what may have happened. I'm hoping it turned up in your belongings. I appreciate your honest comments about the room and hope in time you will reconsider and visit us again. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 410-289-6282 if I might be of additional assistance.

Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was the first time in OC, MD and the hotel was so close to the boardwalk and ocean. The entire staff was very friendly and welcoming! We arrived early and they called us at 1:20pm to let us know our room was ready. Our parking ticket was given to us as soon as we arrived and we were able to park there while strolling along the boardwalk waiting to be called. The swimming pool was clean and so was the room. It was a wonderful experience! Thank you Madison Beach Motel for making this a wonderful memory.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Noemi,

I'm so pleased you chose the Madison Beach Motel for your inaugural visit to Ocean City! It's rewarding to read your positive comments on the friendliness of the staff. We want each guest to feel welcomed, enjoy their vacation and leave with plans to visit again. I'm glad you enjoyed our early check in feature, we love offering it. 2014 rates will be available soon, give us a call when you are ready to reserve for next year. We look forward to your return.

Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was perfect for our weekend at the beach. We could walk to the boardwalk & beach. Our room was small, but did have a fridge & microwave...the location & price were just right. Robin & Tosha were very friendly and very pleasant. It is nice when a hotel has friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at the Madison Beach Motel. We really appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and say such kind things about the staff. They work so hard to give each guest a positive experience.
I hope you'll visit us again in the very near future.

Beachwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The best value for the money in Ocean City. Clean basic rooms, friendly staff and perfect location. One block to the boardwalk right downtown. This Motel was half the price of most others in the direct area. The pool was very clean and our room was cleaned to our satisfaction each day. Madison Beach Motel is an older property but well maintained. The sundeck was the perfect viewing spot for the Monday and Tuesday fireworks! I recommend it for families on a budget who want to spend their money on all the fun things to do instead of their room!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi James,
I couldn't agree more or have said it better! We are the best value downtown with clean rooms, a friendly staff and great location. When are you coming back?

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

If your looking for the perfect location for a great rate....you've found it. I traveled with my husband & 3 kids. The staff is friendly- Debra, Ron, and Tasha THANK YOU :)!! The rooms and & pool are clean, we watched the fireworks from the bacolny. My husband walks with a cane so the 3 minute walk across to the boardwalk and beach made him happy. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you walk with a cane request to be near the office on the lower level, this puts you a few steps...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Lakisha,

It's fantastic that you enjoyed your stay so much. I'm happy that we were able to provide a clean, comfortable room at a competitive rate and that your husband was able to enjoy the boardwalk. Please give us a call when you are ready to reserve again, we look forward to seeing you again.

Camp Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed with my family on 30th June night, and our stay was comfortable, A/C was working alright, and there were 2 double beds. Coffee was available at the reception area when we needed. Also, there was a Fridge and a Microwave oven in the room. Highlights are - beach and boardwalk is very near; and Swimming pool was very clean, after enjoying in beach, we relaxed in swimming pool on both the days. Don't expect 5 star kind of room, but it's a budget motel and very comfortable. I would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: very near to beach, so ask, if you can get a room on 2nd floor, as you will have many cloths to put...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi Kumar,
Thank you for filling out such a positive review for the Madison Beach. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found everything to be as desired. We look forward to your next visit.

Debby

Been to Madison Beach Motel? Share your experiences!