“Don't get your hopes up too high” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Flagship Hotel Oceanfront

You added Flagship Hotel Oceanfront to your Saves list
Flagship Hotel Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Baltimore Avenue, Boardwalk and 26th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #69 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
New Jersey
“Don't get your hopes up too high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The location of the hotel was pretty good, depending on what your after. The beach was steps away and the amusement park was also close. The pier rides and arcades were at the opposite end but there was a tram that went the stretch of the boardwalk.

As for the room, I'm sure it was clean but it felt kind of dirty. The water pressure in the shower was really poor. You could get more pressure from the sink and considering that most people are trying to rinse off sand from the beach this was disappointing. There was only one elevator in the building so depending on where your room was, you might be walking pretty far to get from the elevator to the room. I gave this rating an average because it wasn't disgusting but it also wasn't worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
South Colton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The hotel was clean, ALL the employees were extremely nice and friendly and it was right on the end of the boardwalk!! Had a pool side bar, play area for the kids and games. It was a great value!! Yes, it was an older Hotel but it was well maintained and clean. Our room had everything you would want or need, from nice shampoos and soaps to a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
The bedding was clean and the bed very comfy and lots of pillows!! Every room had a view of the ocean and it was right near a bike rental, the boardwalk train and the bus stop. Had no trouble with parking either. Our trip was amazing and a special thanks to the friendly front desk staff and I hope you still have your flashing rings!! Will defiantly book here again on our next trip back to Ocean City!!!

bethlehem, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

this was our first stay at the Flagship..we usually stayed an another efficiency hotel on the bayside but this year decided we needed a family based hotel on the beachside...we were very pleased with our choice....we will definitely go back next year....there was alot to do at the hotel...it was very nice, perfect size for 4 people...very clean...close to everything...the reviews that ive been reading that are bad seem like spoiled rotten people that are high n mighty too good for all hotels comments actually.!!!! this hotel had the most accomodating staff working for them that ive ever seen....they were always cleaning, and picking up after all the guests 24/7...the hotel is alittle older than others but clean, fun, and the lobby DID always have fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate at no charge....we cant wait to go back next year and we are going to try to stay longer this time...my kids and grandkids feel the same way too...glad we chose this hotel

Room Tip: we had room on 2nd floor.......
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I decided to have a renewal of our vows on the beach! We chose this hotel because it was on the boardwalk but away from all the crowds. I'm so glad we did. When I made my reservation they were so nice and answered all of my 100 questions. Then when I arrived the front desk clerk Kate and the manager Lori were super nice. They let us into our room early and even moved their car so we could have a close parking spot!!!! =) The entire staff went out of their way to be friendly and I really appreciate that. This is an older hotel and they have renovated part of it. It was worth the stay just to have a respectful and friendly staff. They have an indoor pool that is open all night, a hot tub and tanning bed! They have recently added more activities to thier courtyard...overall we had a wonderful time!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I walked in and refused to sit even in the lobby. Chairs were stained and looked suspicious. I walked the hall to my room as urine smell hit me in the face. I opened the door and my face dropped immediately. I then did my usual bedbug test and they did pass that, however the room was covered in mold and the sheets were a dingy yellow. I spent more at the bed bath beyond buying sheets, pillows and cleaning products then I would have if I had stayed at a much much better hotel. After buying my own sheets and making the room somewhat tolerable, I walked through the pool area which was saturated with diapered and naked babies. Again, the smell of urine hit me in the face. I waited for the babies to go to bed hoping the pool would be cleaned by 10pm, nope! I put my hand in and my hand smelled of pee, so I forgot about the pool and went to splash mountain the next day instead. The housekeeper was really nice and so were the front desk people, but the place....its awful! Adult , childless couples who want sanitary conditions ....DO NOT GO HERE!

Room Tip: corner suite if you must go here, but don't!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewiston, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

After all the reviews I read, I was very nervous to stay at this hotel, but I'm glad I did! We had a wonderful time and the hotel was great. The front desk, housekeeping and maintenance staff were very nice and helpful! We had a great room with a great view, it may have been a little small, but we weren't in the room much anyway; it was great to wake up and see the dolphins in the ocean!! There was always fruit and coffee in the morning. Our room was steps to the beach/ocean and being at the end of the Boardwalk, there was not too much commotion. The Riptide Bar had great food and frozen drinks. Yes there was a smell in the hallways, but you are right above a seafood restaurant, what do you expect! It did not bother us. Great location and we will stay there again!! I hope this helps other travelers! Thanks so much Flagship!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront efficiency was the way to go!!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel just this past weekend during our stay in Ocean City. The location was fantastic. We had a balcony with a full view of the beach and the waves rolling in from the ocean. Our hotel was right on the boardwalk and steps away from the beach. However, the appeal ended right there. The hallways smelled like urine and I spotted numerous dark stains on the carpet made of God knows what. When I laid myself down on the bed, I'm not sure why but I was continually paranoid that there were invisible germs coating the bedsheets. The hotel room and the bathroom had a weird odor that could not be eliminated with my can of Febreeze. I would not every stay here ever again. If you're planning on visiting Ocean City any time soon there are much nicer hotels than this one. Save your money and pay a little extra. At least you'll be staying in a cleaner place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Flagship Hotel Oceanfront? Share your experiences!