“We thought The Breakers was a very nice hotel in a perfect location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Breakers Hotel
Save Saved
You added The Breakers Hotel to your Saves list
3rd Street & Boardwalk, Ocean City, MD 21843   |
Ranked #38 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Lexington, North Carolina
“We thought The Breakers was a very nice hotel in a perfect location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

, We had a room on the 4th floor. It was very spacious and super clean. The hotel claimed to have WiFi, but I could never get it to pick up. The room had a large window and after pulling the curtains it revealed a wall to the next hotel - bummer. The hotel had a small indoor pool, a fitness center and landrey room. I felt the off season rates were a little high ($150/night after taxes), but on the upside, the location was perfect. Go out the door, and your right by the boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2013

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bridgeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

this is our second year staying at The Breakers Hotel and we absolutely love it ! The staff is very helpful and friendly. Upon our check in we had just made it to the hotel, we lost the brakes in our vehichle. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful in giving us the name and directions to a near by Mechanic that was very reasonable. Mrs. Schwartz was also very friendly and helpful and even made us a reservation at a Restaurant for us. The rooms are very very clean, and our housekeeper was also very friendly. No complaints here and we will definately be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Salem, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just recently came back from yet another fantastic vacation to Ocean City Maryland! We have stayed here at the Breakers hotel for several years and is by far one of the nicest hotels on the boardwalk. I wanted to write another review of this lovely hotel. We stay ocean front and the view is spectacular with a wonderful and roomy balcony. Our room had side windows where you can look down the boardwalk too. The room is very spacious with a great size family room. The bathroom is average size, would be nice to have a bigger one or a walk in shower but still is a nice room. Very comfortable beds. I slept well every night. The staff this year was very friendly and we enjoyed talking to them. I do believe the hotel is quite pricey but we stay here because the location is perfect, the hotel is clean and comfortable and the rooms have lots of space. Housekeeping was so friendly and did a great job every day with the room.If you are looking for a clean and upscale place to stay, save your bucks and come here!

Room Tip: Above Dough Roller resturant, perfect location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Though the room was really nice and clean, they are very strict! We couldn't talk very loud or have the tv too loud because staff was very strict! And we had our do not disturb sign up but housekeeping kept harassing us to come in and clean. She even called after I had told her no twice asking if we wanted our room cleaned. But it is a great location!

• Stayed August 2013
Thurmont, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

First I would like to say I am not one to complain because of one bad experience. Actually, I have never made it a point to post a review online....ever, until my very short stay at Breakers. We had originally planned to visit O.C. for just a day trip so I didn't book a room in advance. Once the rain set in, we decided it would be a good idea to get a room so the kids could have more beach time. I called around and Breaker's was the first hotel we called with a room available so we were on our way. On the ride over, my friends kid asked if he could stay with us since his mom and dad were going home that night. So I went from 2 adults and 2 kids to 2 adults and 3 kids. As soon as I approached the desk, there was an older lady behind it that wouldn't even look up from her computer until I said "hello, excuse me." As soon as I had her attention, I informed her I now had 3 children instead of 2, and said "Is that going to be a problem or do you have a bigger room?" After much grunting and nagging, she said it was fine but was very clear they had no extra blankets, no cots, and no extra pillows --- which I didn't even ask her about! She very rudely kept accusing me of being a liar or in her own words...."can't decide how many kids I have." So I bite my tongue and we continue to check in...I hand her my ID and credit card. At this point I'm wondering if I am imagining her attitude towards me or if this is really happening. I can't figure out why in the world she would be angry with me, I've only been there a few minutes. I asked the lady if there was a security deposit and if so, how much. She looked at me like I was stupid and asked how old I was. She was the one standing there with my drivers license in her hand....so who's the stupid one now? So I tell her how old I am and she stated very rudely that because I was over 21 I didn't have a security deposit, "unless I planned on trashing her room." She felt a reason to repeat it over and over, "do you plan on trashing my room? Should I take a deposit, are you going to trash my room?" Then it was time to explain this was a no smoking room --- you would think that's all she would say is "this is a non-smoking room" but NO -- she had to keep repeating herself and would say "is that going to be a problem" "There's no smoking aloud, are you going to smoke in my room?" I don't know who this lady is but after reading all the other reviews I can only guess it is the owner. The title of my review was going to be "WHAT A BIT#H! b/c that's the best way to explain it. I ended up asking for my drivers license and credit card back and I walked out. I refuse to give my hard earned money to a hotel that doesn't know how to welcome their guests. I strongly suggest to anyone staying in O.C. not to stay at Breakers, especially if you have children. This lady doesn't even know how to be nice to an adult, let alone a child! If we had stayed there, I can only imagine what other experiences I would be telling you about the old hag behind the counter yelling at my children. Within less than 5 minutes, this lady called me a liar, insinuated I was going to trash her hotel room and smoke inside a non-smoking hotel room! I don't care what the place looks like inside or how big the beds are -- I'll never stay somewhere I'm not welcome and this place was definitely unwelcoming!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! I recommend the Harrison Hall - very cozy and right on the boardwalk!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kearneysville, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is our second year staying at the Breakers. First off, location is perfect. Right on boardwalk at 3rd st. We always stay in a oceanfront family suite. Beautiful balcony views. The rooms are very spacious. When you walk in to your room there will be a living area with fold out sofa bed. TV and tables in this room also. Small kitchen, large bathroom. Second living area with 2 king beds, very comfortable, and tv.. Have never seen a cleaner hotel. Not sure why some people commenting on the owner and employees being rude. We have never had a problem with the employees. They are always very welcoming and even give a beach ball to our daughter when we arrive. My husband also called ahead to have chocolate covered strawberries waiting in room for my birthday. Security is tight, you have to have a room key to use elevators past 2nd floor and they lock the doors at 2 am and then you have to call to be let in, but I like feeling safe. Pool on the 4th floor is not huge, but never busy while we were there. 2 parking lots, both about a block away. We love this hotel and can't wait for our 2014 trip.

Room Tip: Family oceanfront suites have gorgeous views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although on the surface the hotel's location appears very good and a few of the staff at
the front desks are somewhat friendly when we first checked in with our family and young children.
I have never encounter a hotel employee or hotel that was so obnoxious and completely the opposite of family fun and family friendly as their website suggests. The worst part was that the horrible service was rendered by the actual hotel's owner who was both vulgar, incompetent, and most of all evil and lacking a human heart compassion for her hotel's paying guests Blatantly. Here's an example: she openly shouted and rudely declared to us that it was not okay for our two year daughter who desperately need to go use the potty and the hotel's lavatory out of nowhere when we politely asked her to exercise some common courtesy for us...in light of the fact that we fully paid and were staying there for three full nights. Now this was on our first day of trying to enjoy the beach despite the abundance of Rainy Weather going on during our stay with hotel from hell. It is inexcusable that the leadership and ownership of this unfit establishment never showed any remorse for her dumbfounded ignorance and lack of
concern for the welfare and basic humanly empathy for a terrified little toddler who on her Birth Day of all days was not allowed to use the bathroom at the Hotel where her parents booked and completely paid the hotel stays balance in full upon first checking in!Please anyone who is thinking of staying or booking this poor excuse of a crappy business and very lame hotel to just avoid this place all together! We should all help support only the economics of good honest caring hard working Hotels that actually give a darn about the minimal happiness and comforts of their paying guest. Please don't make the same mistake that we did by giving the worst hotel in Ocean City, Maryland your hard earn money so that you and your love ones will also be subjected to unnecessary Trauma and Stress! God Bless and thanks for reading this review and heeding our sincere and from the heart alerts and warnings to possibly more future innocent victims.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Breakers Hotel? Share your experiences!