“Total ripoff ! Stay here at the risk of your health.” 1 of 5 stars

Parrot Lagoon Miami Beach
301 2nd street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #94 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
northeaster PA
“Total ripoff ! Stay here at the risk of your health.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My daughter booked the rooms for senior week. Luckily, we went with the group to help them check in. Our initial reaction to the condition of the rooms was amazement. How can someone charge $4000 for one week in this rat's nest ? It smelled of urine. There was dried blood on the couch and there was what appeared to be dried condiments all over the kitchen wall. They said cooking utensils were supplied, but there was one pot in the cupboard; one pot. The bathroom had mold and the beds were nothing but boxsprings. We wanted a refund. The manager said under no circumstances will there be a refund. I didn't understand how an establishment could rent a room out in this condition ? Was the room cleaned after one group left and another arrives ? I guess the management figures that the high school kids renting out their property won't care about cleanliness. Rent at your own risk.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I saw previous reviews of bedbugs, dirt, disgusting rooms and that was not the case at all. My and my friend went down memorial day weekend and stayed in room 105. It was great!!! The AC worked, running hot shower, great parking and friendly staff. What more could you want? You're at the beach to have a good time OUTSIDE not to be cooped up in a room for 12hrs of the day. If you want a cheap, clean place, this is the place for you! Book through their website though (it is cheaper). The only big thing is that there is no ice machine and the fridge is a small college dorm size so you can't stock with lots of food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked our (2) rooms right away because of pricing, then read the reviews. While driving down I was worried, but when I got there, I was very much relieved of any worry I had. The location was amazing, especially for the price of the rooms. The staff at the front desk was helpful upon checking in and out. The rooms were small, but, it said "small room" in the description, plus I don't go on vacation to spend a lot of time in a room, so it didn't matter what size they were... There was no sign of bugs, nor mold, nor stained sheets or trash. The place was everything I could have hoped for, and I cant wait to go back next year. Again, great location and unbeatable pricing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Wouldn't let us check out until every single piece of garbage was off our floor, itchy sheets, mold all over bathroom, crooked toilet, horrible smell, maintenance barging into room without knocking, lady at front desk was a completely idiot and messed up the reservation makes us pay for a room at both 3rd and 9th street with no refund, and flies everywhere

• Stayed June 2013
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

They seem to be really nice but watch out! when you first get there, they give you a paper to fill out with damages, make sure you inspect the house from floor to ceiling! we stayed here (parrot bay on 5th street, 2nd floor) and didnt get the deposit back (300.00) due to a TV CABLE not being pulled in - and we didnt even use the tv! they did follow with what they said about checking wrist bands, but once you made friends with the "guard" it was alright. the room we stayed in was nice, however i suggest you bring your own bedding x2. the sheets in BOTH double beds in our apartment had blood on them....can we say nasty?! and yes, i was a senior week renter, but our neighbors weren't - infact they lived there year round with a 3yr old daughter that they smoked weed in front of! they complained alot about noise too. One night, id say around 6 oour toilet got clogged and over flowed (do to puke) and they told us it wasnt their problem until the 11am the following morning. how nasty?! finally, We were late to return the key by literally 2 minutes, and they threatened to take out deposite money away. 2 minutes, really?! over all i will NEVER rent fro them again. the apartment appers to be nice, but it is FAR from it. never do it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

i was there last year at the margarita ville condo i think u call it, itsnt there anymore in parrot lagooon website anymore, but let me tell u , wasnt wow but worth it, was very cheap, we enjoyed, we cooked, slept, relax, i think was good enough, now im looking to go there again, but im scared after all this comment, i dont want to have bad luck,

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I usually read reviews prior to booking. I made a mistake of not doing this before booking with parrot lagoon. We got there at 11am and tried to check-in (most hotels will allow you to do this if the room is ready),but we're told that we need to come back at 3pm. They gave us a room number and a parking permit. So far,so good....until 3pm. From the outside,the place did not look too good. I also did not expect to walk the two blocks and cross two streets to get to the boardwalk. I opened the door to the room....and SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!! There was a family sleeping in the room!!!!!!! It was the correct room and the lady told me that they have the room for the next three weeks. I pity them! Now, this is our blessing in disguise. The mix up with the booking landed us with no room since they only have a very small room which would not fit two adults and two kids. The positive part? I got refunded for my two day payment. I booked this hotel 8 days in advance. What security can you expect if they cannot track of what room is occupied and what is not? Can anybody just have the key in your room? I will never ever book in this hotel ever again!!!!! I cannot say for their cleanliness because I did not get to see the inside the room, but if the couch in the office is any indication of the condition of their rooms...I would say bring your own vaccum and sheets if you still dare to stay here! To end on a positive note, the staff was friendly enough. We got a room at a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Parrot Lagoon Miami Beach? Share your experiences!