“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #38 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Good Hotel, near to the beach. Good Value for a beach hotel. Probably need to be updated but considering the location and the price paid, it was good. Pretty Decent Breakfast is included. We like the location that was far from the crowd but not too far if we wanted to drive to the boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ocean City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Recently spent 3 nights at this hotel. It is in prime OC location for young adults, so there are many 20 something's drinking and enjoying their vacation. Our room received two noise violations which clearly bothered management. On the third day we decided to stay out of the room to avoid risk of another violation. We returned at 2:30 AM, shut off the lights and hopped in bed. Ten minutes later we received a knock on the door informing us that we were being evicted for another noise violation. When I explained that no one had been in the room the entire night, the hotel staff was extremely obnoxious and on a power trip with two OCPD officers behind them. The police officers were sympathetic to us while the hotel staff seemed to see no issue with putting 6 24 year olds out in the rain at 3-4 AM knowing there was no where to go. I could have tolerated a morning eviction but you do not do this in the middle of the night. I asked to see how they filed their complaints and documented them, they refused. He responded "I can stand here all night and have a staring contest with you." It was clear that this "manager" watched us return home late and got some sort of satisfaction from kicking us to the curb. Completely unjustified and disgusting. I feel bad for the front desk workers who are genuinely friendly people. Management should be ashamed. Definitely never returning and I will be spreading the word. They jack up their prices knowing that young adults will pay for location and then they try to act like a family focused hotel. Do not come here with children on the weekend, its simply not that type of place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Upon arrival, I immediately regretted our choice to stay at this hotel. There were marks all over the walls, stains on the curtains and bedding....and the place just felt really unclean.
On the second day, before heading to the beach I decided to put a small lipstick marking on each bed sheet (the room had 2 queen beds). Upon returning from the beach I noticed the room had been "serviced"..trash dumped and beds sloppily made up....with the same sheets I left the lipstick marks on. I called the front desk and told them the sheets had not been changed and requested them to be changed.
10 minutes later the manager knocks on the door with 1 PAIR OF SHEETS for a room with 2 queen beds. He stated the sheets had not been changed because they get changed EVERY OTHER DAY, and assured me they were scheduled to be changed tomorrow the third day. In the mean time he offered us the sheets to change ourselves stating "he didn't know how to change sheets" (????????---obviously code for it wasn't his job and he wasn't going to do it).
The next day, THE THIRD DAY we went to the beach and returned to the room being "serviced" and the beds being half made AGAIN with the SAME sheets that i put the small lipstick marks on.
My point is that the maid service is horrible and lazy. The management is also lazy and unhelpful. The room is not properly cleaned and the maids are too lazy to even change the sheets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I've really enjoyed my stay at Best Western. The room was very spacious, equipped with sink, microwave, and refrigerator, scored a ten with me especially traveling with kids. My room was cleaned and stock and the staff were very friendly. I had such a wonderful experience being our first family vacation ever.

• Stayed July 2014
mechanicsville, maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is the 8th year i have stayed at this hotel for the American Legion Conveniton. I made my first reservation before the hotel was completed. It is a great place to stay and you cannot beat the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

New York City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We've stayed in this hotel for the last three years and every time we go we find something new for the guests. I think the biggest improvement is the breakfast. They are now serving whole grain breads healthier choices. The rooms are a little pricey but we stayed around the holidays so the price are higher. Overall this hotel is still a good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the beginning to the end was a pleasurable experience. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The beach was right across the street and everything you need only blocks away. Me and my family already planning to revisit before the summer is over!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Ocean City Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!