“Not Good!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not Good!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Upon arrival, I immediately regretted our choice to stay at this hotel. There were marks all over the walls, stains on the curtains and bedding....and the place just felt really unclean.
On the second day, before heading to the beach I decided to put a small lipstick marking on each bed sheet (the room had 2 queen beds). Upon returning from the beach I noticed the room had been "serviced"..trash dumped and beds sloppily made up....with the same sheets I left the lipstick marks on. I called the front desk and told them the sheets had not been changed and requested them to be changed.
10 minutes later the manager knocks on the door with 1 PAIR OF SHEETS for a room with 2 queen beds. He stated the sheets had not been changed because they get changed EVERY OTHER DAY, and assured me they were scheduled to be changed tomorrow the third day. In the mean time he offered us the sheets to change ourselves stating "he didn't know how to change sheets" (????????---obviously code for it wasn't his job and he wasn't going to do it).
The next day, THE THIRD DAY we went to the beach and returned to the room being "serviced" and the beds being half made AGAIN with the SAME sheets that i put the small lipstick marks on.
My point is that the maid service is horrible and lazy. The management is also lazy and unhelpful. The room is not properly cleaned and the maids are too lazy to even change the sheets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I've really enjoyed my stay at Best Western. The room was very spacious, equipped with sink, microwave, and refrigerator, scored a ten with me especially traveling with kids. My room was cleaned and stock and the staff were very friendly. I had such a wonderful experience being our first family vacation ever.

• Stayed July 2014
mechanicsville, maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is the 8th year i have stayed at this hotel for the American Legion Conveniton. I made my first reservation before the hotel was completed. It is a great place to stay and you cannot beat the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

New York City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We've stayed in this hotel for the last three years and every time we go we find something new for the guests. I think the biggest improvement is the breakfast. They are now serving whole grain breads healthier choices. The rooms are a little pricey but we stayed around the holidays so the price are higher. Overall this hotel is still a good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the beginning to the end was a pleasurable experience. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The beach was right across the street and everything you need only blocks away. Me and my family already planning to revisit before the summer is over!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ocean City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel is very nice. Not on the beach and no pool but beach is right across the street and they have agreements with two local hotels that allow the pool privledges. Free breakfast is excellent. Cost for a room, given competition is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Broomall, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This hotel seemed perfect for what my friends and I were looking for--a budget friendly hotel near the beach and near some restaurants in OCMD that was not right on the boardwalk. The rooms we rented were much bigger than we thought they would be. The rooms overall were a little run down but I have found that to be very typical for beach towns. The worst part about this hotel was the maid service. The maids barely wiped down our room every day. When we checked in we found a very dirty room. Assuming that it was a one off occurrence, we called the front desk and they immediately sent someone up to wipe down the bathroom again which was great. However, it was clear that the tile floor had not really been wiped down and the rugs in the room had not been vacuumed. The couch and curtains in the room were both full of mystery stains. The bathroom was full of the previous tenant's hair and the hair dryer was extremely sticky. We also found some sand on the coffee bar in the room and dusty headboards. The maids would leave spray bottles and dirty linens on the floor of the hallway each day. Overall, this hotel did not live up to the same quality of any of the other Best Westerns I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Ocean City Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!