“Decent but if you need to stay in touch forget the WifI” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #38 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Lansdale Pa
“Decent but if you need to stay in touch forget the WifI”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Just returned from a two day stay. The rooms are OK. Clean & modern.
Night Front Desk Attendant was very helpful. There is no View and noise from the Highway in front of the Hotel. Breakfast was just OK little selection.
The biggest problem & the reason I would never stay here again is that they use a
Limited Bandwidth ISP Valuepoint that constantly has the Login SCreen popping up when you try to open a web page. Had to go to the Restaurant down the street just to answer e-mail. If you use a Computer to stay in touch avoid this property @ all cost you will need to leave the property and find a place with free Internet.
I travel often and when I find a property using these substandard ISP, I make a note and never return to that Property.
The Owners may be saving pennies by using these Jokes of a Service, but in the long run it will cost them Room Nights.!!!!! I kow I will never bee back.
I am going to OC next Month I will be sure to avoid this property.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you need to use a Computer to communicate.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few nights recently. It is in a great location, right next to Seacrets and Macky's. It's a block from the beach, but was pretty simple to cross the highway to get to the beach entrance. The room was big, with a king bed and a seperate sofa and table which was nice to watch TV. The bathroom was an average hotel bathroom, there was a jetted tub but we didn't use it. The beds were a bit firm for my liking.The continental breakfast was nice, especially with the waffles, but my only suggestion would be to extend it past 10am as we are late sleepers especially on vacation. The employees were very friendly. Good place for the price!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here about a year ago with a group of friends. Convient location across the street from the beach, but far enough away from all of the action going on down towards the boardwalk. We had a suite which was large enough for 4 of us. The breakfast was a nice touch too. Would return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Delaware, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

From check-in to the complimentary breakfast (now with Belgian waffles!!), our stay was delightful. We stayed in a King Suite on the 4th floor. There is no balcony or view to speak of, however the room was huge and very clean. We did have a squeaky bathroom door, which was rectified within minutes of our reporting it. The staff is very friendly. Our room was very quiet and the bed was comfortable. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Room 421 was great!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I was also a guest in the room reviewed by Whitney C and experienced the incidents as stated.

Jim, I'm glad we put our room request in, via phone, in APRIL and didn't try to put our room request in days before arrival. I'm sure that would prove difficult.

We stayed two nights in July, Sunday through Tuesday. Overall, the stay was just adequate for our group - 7 people total - and the time we would be spending there in the room. I will reiterate that the housekeeping staff during the early morning of our check out day were unnecessarily loud as if they were yelling from room to room to each other. When asked to please keep it down, one of the staff gave a rude reply as if we were bothering them! This occurred around 8:30 am and while maybe some guests had left to head to the beach or check out, I am sure there were others besides us that were still asleep. In addition, on the 2nd day of our stay (Monday) when housekeeping came in, towels and washcloths were not replenished even though we specifically even asked for extra as we left the room. The hot waffles were good, except for the wait - which was to be expected. The distance to the beach was good.

Although this experience didn't totally ruin our trip, it didn't exactly make it totally enjoyable either. I wanted to show my girlfriends a nice time at the beach since they each came from different parts of the country. I do not think I'd stay at this particular hotel again, even with the offer of a discount.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here while I attended a conference and my wife beached it every day. The room was great, clean and very comfortable. The common areas of the hotel could have been cleaner but our room was spotless. For a hotel with many families, it was very quiet. We would stay here again, especially since other hotels in the area we almost $500.00 a night during the busy season.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

When the reservation where made over the phone directly with BW, we were told our 2 rooms booked were across the hall from each other (a request we made). On checkin we asked before getting things out of car and going to rooms and we were told yes they were. They were not. They were down the hall from each other. When I mentioned to front desk "gentleman," he told me it's not possible to have the 2 type of rooms we booked across the hall from each other (because there were only standards across the hall from our suites). Then why were we told twice they were? And one of those times was not 10 minutes beforehand! And I saw in the other rooms when housekeeping where in the rooms and this was a lie.

Then on our second morning there, we were rudely woken up by housekeeping staff loudly speaking in the hallway about personal issues and gossiping. When I told them children were asleep and to please keep it down, one of the "ladies" laughed at me. I asked how my request was funny and she said I didn't know what they were talking about. I told them I didn't care, I was there to SLEEP not to hear their conversation. They continued to speak loudly and YELL down the hall at each other throughout the morning. Later when we were packing everything up, I found a hat and beer bottle cap from previous 'tenants.' It was clear the rooms weren't being cleaned as our rooms after our first night stay was not vacuumed, items weren't restocked and the beds were barely made. I made my concerns known on checkout and was told that we could have 20% off our next stay. Why in the world would I return to a place where the room is going to be unclean and the staff is going to rudely wake us up??

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
jiminoc, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean City Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Whitney C.
Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to provide us with your comments. There is simply no excuse for "rude staff" and an "unclean room". I sincerely apologize for this. Please know that we care a lot about how our guests are treated. You will notice that most of our reviews are "very good". We spend a lot of time training our staff on good customer service, and what guests expect from us. I apologize as it appears that we dropped the ball completely this time.

Our housekeeping staff normally gets very good compliments, and they are normally very courteous to our guests. Most of them have been with us for several years, and I was suprised by their conversation with you. I am sorry.

I believe you booked your reservation a few days before your arrival, so this made it a little more difficult to get the rooms "next to" or "directly across" from each other. We try to do whatever our guests asks us to do wihtin the scope of our operations. All of our Suites are on the south side of the hallway, and all of the standard rooms (the room type you stayed in) are located on the north side. Again we apologize for the confusion.
Jim Schneider
Manager/Owner
Best Western Ocean City Hotel & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Ocean City Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!