“Ready To Go Back!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Mecca Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ocean Mecca Motel
2304 Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #71 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Mifflintown
“Ready To Go Back!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I went to Ocean City, MD, to celebrate his 70th birthday. We just picked up and left without hotel reservations. Arriving in Ocean City, we stopped at a few places, but just weren't satisfied with the location and/or the cleanliness. Then we found Ocean Mecca. We spent 5 days and 4 nights there. The rooms were quiet, near the ocean, near the pool, near the boardwalk, and near the busline. Also, the Embers Restaurant is just across the street. The pool at Ocean Mecca is worth mentioning. It is located in the courtyard area and gets sun all day long. Nice size and plenty of seating. Rooms were nothing special, but comfortable. Front desk service was good. There is a $10 refundable deposit per key requested. Bring your own beach towels. Exterior area is kept VERY clean. Someone is always dumping garbage cans or sweeping parking lot and sidewalk areas.

Room Tip: There is a $10 refundable deposit per key requested. Bring your own beach towels. Request a room a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Barto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel around 12:30pm and the office manager Neil was very accommodating and allowed us to check in before 3 o'clock the normal check in time, either way the hotel was going to allow us use of the pool and parking lot until we decided to check in early. Needless to say we started out our trip very happy and made use of our day.

The hotel is situated at the quiet end of the boardwalk which was very beneficial since we were traveling as a large family with 4 smaller children, with that being said you will need a stroller unless you plan to ride the tram car it is a 2 mile walk to the other end of the boardwalk.

Our rooms were clean and the cleaning staff here is wonderful. The hotel is a little out dated and worn but this seems to be a common trend amongst all the hotels in Ocean City. The motel offers free ice but you cannot fill your coolers which is a fair request.

The pool is situated right on the boardwalk and is immaculate which is a big bonus because generally the pools in most motels are dirty with hair and sand but Ocean Mecca does a good job with the maintenance. I noticed in other reviews that people complained about the staff and rules they enforce but I can certainly appreciate the staff following up on # of guests per room. During our stay a fist fight broke out in the room next to mine at 2am and it woke my daughter and I, my other family members were sitting on the porch and saw the whole thing take place. The people next door were fighting with each other and out of no where the hotel staff showed up to take control and handle the situation which included the police. The guest causing the problem was asked to leave right away and the remaining party was told to leave the next morning. I could only imagine what would happen if the hotel staff were not there! No sleep and a lot of damage to the motel. All in all we enjoyed our stay and are planning to visit this motel again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
OceanMecca, Front Office Manager at Ocean Mecca Motel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments and compliments. We do our best to have our guests have a great time here. Occasionally we have an episode such as happened as you described, but NOT being an absent "landlord", we take pride in our property and want the families that stay here feel safe and secure. Look forward to seeing your family again.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My family & I stayed for 4 days and were very pleased with everything. The bathroom seemed recently renovated & was spotless!! I loved this. The pool & view from the 2nd floor was fantastic. The housekeeping was excellent & friendly - kept the sand swept up & had plenty of clean towels. The front desk was very friendly & helpful. Plenty of parking & the balcony was very nice & clean. Room was a little small for 4 of us - maybe we need to rent a bigger room - could of used a little more storage - but would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for your comments and are sincerely happy you took the time to write about your stay. Look forward to serving you again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had a fun time at ocean city , however as the other reviews I found it very overpriced for room not comfortable with no hair dryers very old Tvs and the management and staff was not helpful and they were very rude. We paid $1600 for a 3 day stay (2 rooms) and after they got our money they could care less about our needs. DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: My tip to travelers : DO NOT STAY HERE, I wish I had seen a review from this place before my stay. T...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
OceanMecca, Front Office Manager at Ocean Mecca Motel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
In reading your review, we realize which guests you were, and the conversation that took place. Although we could not accomodate your request of staying parked in our lot after check out for the day, we did offer the parking for a couple hours. Had it not been peak season, with many more reservations coming in, we would have not minded but to be fair to new guests we cannot offer our facilities after check out. We had directed you to a place to pay to park adjacent to our motel but that was the best we could do. Perhaps the next time you come to Ocean City you should book for a longer stay to get in all of what Ocean City has to offer. As far as being rude,
we are sorry you misinterpreted us not being able to satisfy your request.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just got back from a 4 day stay in Ocean city. Stayed at the Ocean Mecca which is located right on the boardwalk with the pool right beside the boardwalk. The pool is great and gives you a great view of the ocean while also enjoying the pool. The hotel is family run so its operation is well supervised and the guest rules are monitored so everyone can enjoy their stay. The motel is very clean and very well maintained. We have stayed at the Ocean Mecca many times in the past and also tried other motels, but we feel that this is the best value for out money. We have stayed at some of the newer high rise hotels only to be dissapointed by the lack of friendliness or helpfulness at other hotels. We even had belongings stolen at one of the other high rise hotels which was owned by foreigners and we had an extremely had time trying to get them to reimburse us for the stolen articles. Our belongings were in their care when they went misssing and we could not even get them to review their security cameras. We have never had an concerns with leaving anything in out rooms during our stays at the Ocean Mecca. My hyusband noted that many of the staff are the same as when we stayed there years ago. I made our reservations on Wednesday night and was arriving Thursday. The young man who answered the phone on Wednesday night quoted me a price for Thursay night and another price for Friday and Saturday night, which was going to be about $35.00 more each of the two weekend nights ( as is frequently the case & I was agreeable to ). However, when I arrived I was informed that the price I was quoted was wrong and the price for Friday and Saturday night was not going to be any more than the rate for Thursday night. What a pleasant surprise. They were very honest and could have very easily charged me the additional amount. I would just have to think that anyone with negative comments probably does not like to follow the rules which are enforced by the management to make everyone stay more enjoyable. We have been coming here on and off for the past 25 years. Will come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments. We very much appreciate it and strive to satisfy all our loyal guests.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We chose Ocean Mecca as our motel due to the great price and for the fact that it was right on the beach and boardwalk. The only thing I didn't like about the location was that we were further down on the boardwalk than I thought. Most of the restaurants and other attractions are down further so we did quite a bit of walking! The room is small but always kept clean, the people at the desk were very nice and the pool area was great too! I'd most likely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do look forward to serving you again in the future.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

After the commander gave my room away i found this place, and the people were very helpful and gave me a better room and saved my vacation

• Stayed June 2012
OceanMecca, Front Office Manager at Ocean Mecca Motel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We are very happy that we could accomodate you and your family. We look forward to helping you make your future plans. Have a great summer.

Been to Ocean Mecca Motel? Share your experiences!