“Pet Friendly, Clean and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parrot Lagoon Key West

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Parrot Lagoon Key West
You added Parrot Lagoon Key West to your Saves list
405 Philadelphia Ave., Ocean City, MD 21842   |
“Pet Friendly, Clean and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We called another hotel and they referred us to Parrot Lagoon for pet friendly accomodations. After we booked everything I was looking through the reviews and thought we made a mistake choosing this condo. However, after speaking with the lady in the office and arriving to a clean and well maintained room, we realized that this is a great little spot. My wife is very freaked out about bugs and did not see anything of the sort. On a final note, the staff is very professional and our unit was perfect. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Harrisburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

This is by far the worst place I ever stayed at. We asked to be moved to another building because the roaches and ants were so bad. Talk about disgusting and being scared to sleep. After leaving- we immediately washed all of our stuff in hot water to make sure we did not bring roaches/eggs w/ us.
When we complained to the front desk- they asked us if we wanted bug spray. REALLY- bug spray? I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I rented this place because it was affordable. Now I know why...it was infested with roaches. I spent my vacation (when I was in the room) killing roaches. My children were freaked out and wanted to leave and come home. Never have children ever wanted to leave the beach. When I lodged a complaint, the offered to move me to a different room. WHAT... WITH MORE ROACHES----NO WAY. I TALKED TO THE MANAGER ABOUT GETTING MY MONEY BACK, BUT ALL I GOT WAS AN OFFER FOR A 60 DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE. I will be persuing other avenues to get my money back. The owner wants your money and doesn't really care about your satifaction or your families well being. THIS PLACE SUCKS...DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Sure pets are welcome.. If you want your animal to bring home fleas and bugs. My boyfriend, our dog and i checked into the blue lagoon yesterday. Being that we wanted to bring our dog we were limited to the place we could stay. It was the most disgusting place I've ever stepped foot in. I've traveled around Europe and have stayed in a fair share of hostels and this "condo" is still the dirtiest and sorriest excuse for a hotel I've ever seen. The floors had a coat of dirt on them, the tv was from 1960, the toilet seat was ripped up and the AC barely worked. After we complained about the above as well as the flies and ROACH that were in our unit the nice manager moved us to a new unit up the street. Once we got to the new unit the front and side door wouldn't properly lock or shut so the property manager called the owner (each place is individually owned) and had him come down to screw the doors shut for the night. This second place was a nice upgrade from the pervious unit, very OCMD... Nothing extravagant but standard and clean. We woke up this morning ready to put the previous nights disaster behind us and when i stepped out the door to walk my dog I saw two old men who rudely told me that dogs arent allowed and that they would be calling to complain. Confused since the property manager knew we had our dog with us AND the owner was in the unit with us the pervious night to fix the door, i called the PM to give him a heads up that the neighbors would be calling him but he didn't answer. I then received a missed call from the office and when i returned the call the young guy told me that we had to leave the unit and we had two options- move to a 3rd unit OR get a refund for the remaining 3 nights we were planning on staying. At that point we were fed up with everything and packed our bags and drove the 4 hours back home. Our 5 days of vacation turned into 12 hours of hell. We were charged the price of the original room and a $50 processing fee... $250 for NOTHING.. DO NOT STAY HERE. Try to get out if you can...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My boyfriend and I take a trip to OC at the end of May every year. We are on a tight budget seeing as we both just graduated from college, so we like to look for something affordable yet a good deal. Well the Parrot Lagoon was our choice this year. Big mistake. We looked at the pictures of the rooms online, and they looked very spacious and comfy. We did get a great price, but boy did we get what we paid for. The room was very much the size of my clothing closet. There were two double beds squeezed in there, the microwave and the refrigerator did not work, the bathroom was so tiny, when you sat down on the toilet your knees touched the wall. The room we had was on the side of the street, and the air conditioner was in the window, which was ok but, I could hear every single noise several blocks away, which made me think, if I can hear them, they sure can hear me. The shower was very very tiny, my boyfriend who is a twig could not fit in it comfortably. There was mold, tons of it across the ceiling. That was the final straw. I told management of my complaint, and I will admit they were quick to give me a new room, a bigger room, but it wasn't much better. The overall cleanliness of the place was ridiculous.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

The outside of the Bahama house and all properties managed by parrot lagoon were very unkept. When we arrived 9/5/09 we we greeted with an infestation of ants in the kitchen, the longer we were there the worse they got. The CDC should be notified of the filth that surronded the toilet and shower. I had to purchase cleaning supplies and clean before anything could be used. The furniture had a ring of dirt around the top of if and was in disrepair. I will never stay here again I woul not recommend my worst enemy to stay here. to sum it up run away as fast as you. can.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Harrisburg, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We had stayed with Parrot Lagoon a couple of years ago and enjoyed our stay. This was not the case this time! We were originally put in a filthy 2 bedroom condo. We were told on the phone that there was a pool-and there was, but it was closed. When we opened the door to our unit, we were met with a horrible smell that caused an asthma attack. We tried calling the desk several times and got no answer. So we bought $30 of lysol and febreeze; It didn't help. First thing in the morning, they moved us to another unit with a smell, just not as strong. It was a little cleaner. This is Tuesday, we left Sunday and my entire family is dealing with illness from extreme exposure to Mold spores. So all in all, if you're looking for overpriced filth, then this is your place! Enjoy the smelly blankets and filth stained pillows - and be sure to make your bed back up or they'll charge you $20. Take your own trash out or they'll charge you $50. We paid almost $400 for 2 nights thinking we had gotten a "deal". . . Never again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Parrot Lagoon Key West? Share your experiences!