“Family enjoyed it.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Family enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed our first stay at the Barefoot Mailman this past week. Chose this place based on reviews and being pet friendly. My son has special needs and wanted to take his dog. This place fit the bill. We were able to cook my sons meals in the kitchenette and he was able to take his dog for a walk in the alley along the property. The room was clean and had no problems with adjacent room noise. Plan on staying here again next year (if not sooner).

Room Tip: Bring a portable gate to keep your dog inside your balcony area. There is a railing between the roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear “whocanitbenow”
I was so glad to read your compliments of The Barefoot Mailman Motel and thank you for taking your time to share them. It sounds like your son enjoyed having his dog along on vacation and I’m thankful that you chose The Barefoot Mailman for your trip to Ocean City. I hope you’ll make reservations with us in the future and enjoy the rest of the summer season.
Adam L. Showell, Sr., Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bonita Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night while traveling south. The rooms were spacious very clean and well equipped. Sheets were nice and white and decor was updated, nice flat screen tv ,coffee maker ,mini frig. You face the road for a view . They do have a small pool. It is very important I find a clean hotel that will accept my shitzus this fit the bill.
I did hear other dogs barking from rooms next to me which riled my dogs but that is to be expected. Only fault is the plug in my bathroom was loose and kept popping breaker.

Stayed June 2013
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear “5starbeachrentals”,
It’s great to read that you were satisfied with your accommodations at The Barefoot Mailman Motel. We did an extensive renovation of the guest rooms which has been well received by new and returning guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the new linens and the amenities that we offer in our rooms. I am not sure if you advised the front desk staff about the plug in the bathroom but I can assure you that this item will be checked in all of our rooms in the immediate future. We take great pride in being able to provide clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations to meet the needs of all types of travelers. I hope you’ll return to The Barefoot Mailman to stay during your next trip to Ocean City, Maryland.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 2 dogs stayed there for the weekend. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. If you're looking for exquisite, this is not the place to stay. The rooms were clean and welcoming. We were close to everything. I would definitely recommend the motel and plan on going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Patricia K,
I am glad to hear that you and your husband and both of your dogs had a good stay. I appreciate your recommendation and your continued patronage. We have completely remodeled our rooms with new wall coverings, new carpet, new luxurious Eurotop mattresses, new linens, lighting, window treatments, and much more. These major renovations have been very well received by new and returning guests. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in providing clean accommodations and all of our staff truly enjoy interacting with all of our guests, including their pets. You are right, the Barefoot Mailman is close to everything. Our convenient location is close to the beach, boardwalk, rides, shopping and nightlife. We look forward to having you and your family back at The Barefoot Mailman Motel.
Blairsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Unfortunately my daughter didn't have the same experience this year! Office personnel were extremely rude, (female staff)to my daughter (who was 18) and her friend. Last year she stayed there and had a great time so she and I thought the place would be ok again. WELL, WE WERE WRONG! Not only did the the room which was very close to the office have a gap in the door that bugs could get in, and the floor was slimey. But on leaving they asked for their room to be checked and female office staff was too busy to look, and I had to call to find out if deposit was credited. So I in no way would recommend this hotel after this years experience. Sometimes people think that you get what you pay for however... I hope that everyone considers these reviews as I do, especially when sending you seniors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
castleadmin, Owner at Barefoot Mailman, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear "Dee4343",
Thank you for review. First let me say that it was a pleasure having your daughter here for high school graduation. We have checked the room where your daughter stayed and will make corrections to the weather stripping under the door. When your daughter checked out, there was a short delay with the refunding of her security deposit. It was refunded at 10:00 AM the morning that she left. We do hope that each guest that stays at the Barefoot Mailman looks at these reviews since far and away, they are excellent. We continue to strive to make every guests visit to the Barefoot Mailman and Ocean City to be a good one. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My daughter stayed there for senior week. Gail helped me book the room and explained policy for guests under 18. My daughter and her friends enjoyed their stay. She liked the room and had nothing but positive things to say about Gail! I would definitely book a room there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear “TM12345”
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding The Barefoot Mailman Motel. My staff and I appreciate it, and are glad your daughter and her friends enjoyed their stay. Gail has been an excellent addition to our staff. I hope your daughter had a safe and enjoyable graduation celebration while in Ocean City and look forward to having you and your family stay at The Barefoot Mailman Motel in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great place to stay if you are vacationing with your dogs at the beach!! Wonderful location to beach, restaurants, and attractions! The motel looks and smells very clean for being a dog friendly motel! Great bang for your buck!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear “bdh0611”
It was great to read you enjoyed your stay at The Barefoot Mailman Motel. We are one of the few pet-friendly hotels in Ocean City, MD, and we have an enviable location only steps away from the beach, the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, and most of Ocean City’s popular attractions such as the boardwalk, Jolly Roger Amusement Park, and Seacrets. Most importantly, I’m glad you felt it was a good vacation value. I hope you’ll return to stay with us again
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

this was my first time staying in a pet friendly motel, was not sure what to expect, very suprised, room very clean, no sign or smell of previous pets, pool small but rainy weather kept us out of it
the nicest hotel/motel staff i have ever encountered. spoke to gail when making reservation, she
was so helpful, she checked us in and was just as nice as could be. our first nite was the real proof that this was the place for us. my 3 year old flooded the toilet, when i called the office kevin
came right up to the room, cleared the clog, then went and got cleaner and towels and cleaned the floor, and was so nice to us the whole time, great stay, will be back

Room Tip: top floor has a great view of bay
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear “wayne t”,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our housekeeping staff takes great care in providing clean, comfortable accommodations to all guests whether traveling with a pet, family, or both! I’ll be sure to share your comments with our management and maintenance staff as well. Our pet-friendly accommodations and enviable location to the beach and amusements make us one of the most popular motels in town. I hope you’ll stay at The Barefoot Mailman again in the future.
Owner

Been to Barefoot Mailman? Share your experiences!