“A great place for dogs!” 5 of 5 stars

Barefoot Mailman
#16 35th Street - Oceanside, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #19 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“A great place for dogs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed on two different occasions in May when the rates were cheaper. All dogs receive a goody bag at check-in. We arrived before check-in time, and they let us into our room early. The office staff was very accomodating and friendly! We felt right at home. The rooms have been updated recently and were very clean, with plenty of space for two people, and no pet odors at all. The 35th street ocean side location was perfect...far enough from all the hub-bub and noise of the boardwalk, and a quick walk to the beach. Be sure to check out the Hot Deals and Super Saver Specials on their website! Try and reserve ahead of time, especially during a holiday or special event weekend. The rates are reasonable and since it's one of only a few pet-friendly hotels in Ocean City, they often book up fast. We will definitely be going back next year.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just got back from the Barefoot Mailman and had a great stay there. The office staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. The convenience of having an elevator in the garage made it easy to go get our things upstairs. Having a luggage carrier helped a lot too.
We had an efficiency room which was very clean and had no pet odors, The room did need the bathroom updated, but other than that I have no complaints. We plan on going back next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here because they are pet friendly and dogs are allowed on the beach after October 1st. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My dogs were treated like family...they even let them swim in the pool:) Great location! I just cannot say enough about my experience. Will be going back next year around the same time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here every Sept. for the last couple years( use to stay @ Castle in the Sand, then we got a dog, and they recommend Barefoot)and I have no complaints. Great place, good employees and clean. Love staying there! The front desk lady knew who I was just by my voice, impressive! We arrived a little early and they let us check in early.Clean rooms( and I'm a housekeeper @ Country Inn & Suites) and I know clean and the housekeeper(Clementine) did a great job!

• Stayed September 2012
Blacklick, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I can't say enough about this place. My husband, cat(s) and I have been staying here 2-3 times a year for over a decade. We first found this place while looking for pet friendly places to stay in OC. If you are a pet owner, then you know how hard it is to find a clean, reasonable place to stay in OC with pets. Other places want to charge you extra for a pet and then put you in their pet friendly rooms that are dumps. That is not the case at The Barefoot Mailman. Every room is very clean and comfortable. The staff (though I consider them family now) are truly caring, friendly, pet loving folks. I only wish that they were open year round (hint, hint to Adam!). :) Thank you Bonnie, Joy, Stevie, and the entire staff! You make this Ohio family's stay very enjoyable. Take care and hope to see you soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Stevie the manager came to my room one of the first mornings, banging on the door and proceeded to open the door own her own. She yelled at us for "being loud" the night before. And gave us all problems about it. And soon later found out she had the wrong room. She said she was going to charge me $20 extra dollars cause we had 6 people sleeping there the first night. Which I didn't mind. Then when I checked my bank account, I learned she charged me $60. So I go the the office and she wasn't there. So when I checked out the last day, she was there and she gave me the reciept for the $60 extra charge. I asked her what it was for and gave me a complete attitude. So we were going back and forth. She said she already charged my card and she couldn't do anything about it. I asked the refund in cash but she refused. Then I told her that I was gonna give her a bad review online and she said she didn't care cause it's rated best motel in ocmd. And picked up a piece of metal and put it in my face and bragged about it. I just told her told have a good day walked out and she didn't say anything in return. One of the employees gave me a number to call. I called "Bob" which is her boss and told him what had happen and he said he would talked to her about it and call me back. Still never got a phone call back. This is the worst experience with costumer service and motel/hotel experience I had ever had. I DO NOT RECONMEND STAYING HERE!

• Stayed October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

First thing, the room smelled like dog pee. The sheets were dirty and one bed was double the size of the other. The first night we went down, the room next to us had a few people over, which did not seem loud to us what so ever, and we were right next door. The next morning around 730am, one of the ladies that worked there came banging on the door. As i opened it, she came barging in the room saying that there were sixteen people in the room last night and that if we made one more false move and had anyone else besides the two of us in the room at anytime, they would call the cops and have us locked up, mind you we paid 140 dollars a night and they told us we couldn't have one person in the room besides the two of us.( Bullcrap). After she came in the room flipping out, one of the cleaning ladies came up to tell us that the original women felt bad because our room was SPOTLESS and there was no way we had all these people we claimed to have. We left and stayed somewhere else. Once we checked out, no refund, she did not say one word to us or apologize for acting he way she did. This was the worse experience I have ever had. Stay at the Tidelands, the rooms are reasonably priced and we had a wonderful experience there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barefoot Mailman? Share your experiences!