“Another great visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Adelphi, Maryland
“Another great visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is our second time staying at Safari and there was no question about it when we decided to go on this visit. This place is ideal for us since we take our dog with us and they are super helpful as our last time. The room was clean which is important to us and beds are comfortable. Thank you Art for your wonderful hospitality and making our stay enjoyable. The friend we had with us will also be taking advantage of your facility hopefully in the near future.

Room Tip: This location is ideal because it is right on the boardwalk and convenient to shops and beach. Perf...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
FORT LAUDERDALE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you are looking for a pet-friendly hotel in Ocean CIty, MD, the choices are few and far between. Safari Motel is right on the boardwalk and the parking is free so these are big deals. The room was tiny but clean. I am amazed by the pet fees being charged in Maryland and Virginia. This one was $30 per night and in my current location, they are actually charging $40 per night for a declawed, spayed female cat. Ridiculous!!!
At Safari, the usual amenities that we have all become accustomed to during our travels, are absent. No breakfast, no hairdryer, nowhere to hang clothes, needless to say, no iron but again this is the beach so I guess it's okay to walk around wrinkled.
I found it to be overpriced but I guess when you are on the boardwalk, it's whatever people are willing to pay.

Room Tip: I was placed on the first floor next to the front desk and ice machine. Punished for having a pet I...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The main reason my husband and I booked this hotel was because it was the only pet friendly hotel with availability for labor day weekend. The room had everything but a microwave. It was just an old hotel. There aren't any plush amenities. There isn't a pool either. We did like the fact that there was a community balcony, tile floors, and that it was on the boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2012
Dover, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Safari Motel is a wonderful place to stay. Family owned and operated. If you needed anything they were right there to accommodate your needs. Very friendly and did everything they could to make your stay a great one. I will be staying at this motel every time we go to Ocean City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Okay, so My sister and I went on vacation this past week (Monday-Thursday) we had previously stayed at Safari for one night on a quick trip 2 years ago. It did its purpose, and I really remember this being a clean place to stay for being a motel (not big on motels) when we go to the hotel it was a bit after 3 on Monday, we checked in. When I reserved the room online from their website, I requested the main building and a non animal room. I got the complete opposite. Okay thats fine Ill deal. Get to the 2nd builidng room and it spelt freshly clean (AWESOME!) but I did not want that building (being two younger girls not very safe) look around everything was ncie, but still not happy... Look up at the wall and the smoke detector was pulled out of the wall. That was the last straw. Went to the front desk, advised them of my request and the fact that there is no smoke detector and ask him for a room in the main building and he could not provide as they were full, I then ask for atleast a smoke detector and he was going to give it to me, he then was somehow able to find a room in the main building(since he could not provide a detector). we get in that room, and it smelt of pee/mustiness. Overall, it was accomodating and the owners were friends but still not the happiest i have been!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The room we stayed at was very small, but perfect for two people! It was clean, and the staff was friendly. We couldn't ask for more for the price we paid. Location is awesome, it's right on the boardwalk and the beach is a minute away. I would definitely come back to this motel again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Safari Motel, The location is perfect for an Ocean City vacation and they provide convenient free parking. The room was very clean and although the furniture was a bit beat up, the beds were comfortable and there was plenty of hot water. We enjoyed the decks overlooking the ocean and the bike rentals right in front of the hotel. They have free wifi and coffee. With their location we were able to park the car and not move it until we were ready to leave. It was a good value and exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Safari Motel Boardwalk? Share your experiences!