“Great Accomodation! Great location and excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Safari Motel Boardwalk
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1 13th Street and Boardwalk, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #25 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Adelphi, Maryland
“Great Accomodation! Great location and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Trying to find a place to stay for me, my daughter, 2 grand kids and a dog at OC was a challenge because of our dog, but we were pointed to the Safari by another hotel who did not accept pets and I am glad we were. The folks here were very helpful and made us feel very comfortable even the dog. Yes, the room was small but how many people stay in their rooms at the beach... especailly when it's right on the boardwalk, so very convenient. The beds were comfortable, even soft sheets:), we slept well. Art was very accommodating and with kids we had lots of questions and any obsticles were quickly removed. Thank you Art for making our visit very comfortable and pleasant, my daughter and I would for sure come back to stay at your place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I just got back from another relaxing and wonderful vacation in Ocean City, Md. The Safari Hotel and Management, helps make our vacation the most wonderful experience. The place looks great it has everything you need to relax, free coffee, tea, ice, refrigerators in the room, excellent maid service and the most pleasant staff, in housekeeping and they also accept your pets which is very accomadating on vacation. The hotel is very clean and has added some new remodeling touches which enhances its beauty. It is conveniently located on the boardwalk which is right outside so you can walk the beach and boardwalk, go to the shops, ride a bike which the safari rents bikes now to you for your enjoyment. I can not say enough nice things about the staff and hotel, I would never get this great treatment from other hotels, Our dogs, Starr and Eddie also appreciate the beach. We have been going to this hotel about five times a year now or more for the last 17yrs and have never been disappointed, You have to check it out and see for your self what a great location and place this hotel has for everyone. It is the best in Ocean City, MD. My husband and I and our dogs would like to Thank Everyone at this hotel and look forward to another trip in September down OC MD at the Safari.
Thanks Again,
Cecelia, Al , Starr and Eddie Shemanski

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Plantsville, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The service was INCREDIBLE. Stayed at this hotel for 1-week in August 2011, we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff was incredibly accomodating and helpful. Parking is available right outside the building. It's located right on the Boardwalk, in a prime location. Far enough away from the end of the pier with the amusements to not be too noisy, but in a great spot The beach is about 200 ft away from the motel. It's super convenient. The bed was clean, the room was very clean. I think this hotel is really underrated! We WILL stay again, we loved it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I am writing to tell you how wonderfurl and peaceful my recent trip to the SAFARI MOTEL has been, We checked in on NEW YEARS EVE and stayed four wonderful nites. I would also like to compliment the staff and owners of the motel on our last vacation for Thanksgiving Week for five nights. I could not write a review on that wonderful vacation because it was too early since my September /October Vacation on trip advisor.I would not vacation to Ocean City Maryland since September, If I Was not having such a peaceful and wonderful time. I would not be staying at this motel everytime if it was not such a Pet Friendly, People Friendly and Clean and Accomadating Staff and Management. The Motel is located right on the boardwalk and is very clean and conviently located on the boardwalk where you an watch the sunrise and the peaceful feeling of the ocean. The restaurants and stores are all located right on the boardwalk, or you can get a bus and see the rest of the Scenic View of Ocean City and Assategaue island tours, or take a boat ride out on the ocean. We appreciate beyond words the Hospitality by the Management and staff and the Pet Friendly Motel. The motel is clean and has refrigeration in the rooms and the staff is always remodeling and adding extras to make your room feel like home. We have stayed at this motel for aprox 17 years and about five times each year .There is no other motel we would ever think of staying at.when this one is the best. AL and I , and our Dogs, , STARR AND EDDIE would like to extend our Thanks for another Wonderful Experience and Vacation. another added extra that the staff has added is you can rent a bike right from the motel. It keeps you wanting to come back . New Years Day watchin the sunrise was my most Peaceful and Cherished Moment of this year and without the thoughtfulness of the motel management We would not have been able to experience this relaxing vacation. I advise anyone who wants to experience a wonderful relaxing in Ocean City , MD should check this motel out. You wont be disappointed, It has great locantion, cleanliness, Pet Friendly, Refrigerantion , Bike Rentals and more and the best friendliest staff and management in OC MD. Thanks again, Safari Motel, Mgmt and Staff, Cecelia, Al AND Starr and Eddie from PA, Looking forward to our next Vacation soon at the Safari Motel, Oc Md.

Room Tip: THere is no bad rooms. They are currently always upgrading there rooms to accomadate there customers...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I would like to thank the Owners and Staff at the Safari Motel for another enjoyable vacation with my husband and dogs. You could not ask for a Better Place to Stay In Ocean City Md. I can not say enough kind words about the staff for there hospitality and there extended thoughtfulness by being a Pet Friendly Motel. The coffee is a great way to wake up in the morning available courtesy of hotel. The fridge in the room is also an added plus. The motel is clean and right in the heart of everything on the boardwalk you can sit and watch the sunrise over the ocean. Now they also have bikes to rent so that you can take a bike ride and enjoy the boardwalk. We stayed there for eleven nites and honestly I never wanted to leave. I have been going to this Motel for aprox fifteen yrs and a couple times a year and I cant wait to go back. I never experencied any bad times at this motel. They treat my husband and I and our dogs Starr and Eddie, like family. Anyone planning a vacation in Ocean City MD should check this motel out. I am sure that your experience would be great just like all of ours are. The location on the boardwalk and porches are also an added plus. It is right in the middle of all the shops and restaurants on the boardwalk, and also there is bus availability, so you can go wherever you want. I have always found this motel to have very clean rooms and a very helpful staff. Give it a try and I guarantee you wont be disappointed. Lookin forward to going back , shortly.There also is internet available as well. Cecelia , Al, Starr and Eddie. from PA.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011 via mobile

Room
Overall the room size was a plus. Very nice that you get a refrigerator and microwave. Only problem was that we could hear people walking up and down the stairs and moving chairs in their room. Would not be good if your dog is a barker. Or Uf you're a light sleeper.

Location
Excellent. Could not ask for more in terms of enjoying the beach, boardwalk, and neighboring streets.

Check In/Out
Safari staff is great. No problems with reservations. Process was quick and easy.

TV
While you won't have a flat screen, you get a decent size, not too old box tv. You get all the cable channels you would need if you stay in one night.

It definitely beats the Knights Inn so worth the money, especially if you have a dog. And they don't restrict based on the size of your pooch. In fact they'd never even see your dog. Just lie and say he/she weighs 45 lbs and you'll be fine. I will admit the hotel may look creepy from the outside, but it was clean and not disappointing. If it had thicker walls, I would give it a 5

• Stayed October 2011
towson,md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We have stayed here for the past 14 years. The motel is perfectly located for us--on the boards and away from the honky tonk noise. The facility is old(built in 1962), but is mostly well maintained and above all...CLEAN!!! They accept pets and there is absolutely no evidence of pet odor! We stayed on the fourth floor right next to the balcony and it was like almost having a private deck. The free coffee is a great asset. This year they have added bike/surrey rentals. There is a security system which monitors the corridors and parking lot--making you feel safe--it is not intrusive at all. We take TV trays to use in the room and on the deck. Looking for an older motel that accepts pets? Try the Safari for value and above all cleanliness.!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Safari Motel Boardwalk? Share your experiences!