“Beach Peaceful Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
hanover twp
“Beach Peaceful Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I am writing to tell you how wonderfurl and peaceful my recent trip to the SAFARI MOTEL has been, We checked in on NEW YEARS EVE and stayed four wonderful nites. I would also like to compliment the staff and owners of the motel on our last vacation for Thanksgiving Week for five nights. I could not write a review on that wonderful vacation because it was too early since my September /October Vacation on trip advisor.I would not vacation to Ocean City Maryland since September, If I Was not having such a peaceful and wonderful time. I would not be staying at this motel everytime if it was not such a Pet Friendly, People Friendly and Clean and Accomadating Staff and Management. The Motel is located right on the boardwalk and is very clean and conviently located on the boardwalk where you an watch the sunrise and the peaceful feeling of the ocean. The restaurants and stores are all located right on the boardwalk, or you can get a bus and see the rest of the Scenic View of Ocean City and Assategaue island tours, or take a boat ride out on the ocean. We appreciate beyond words the Hospitality by the Management and staff and the Pet Friendly Motel. The motel is clean and has refrigeration in the rooms and the staff is always remodeling and adding extras to make your room feel like home. We have stayed at this motel for aprox 17 years and about five times each year .There is no other motel we would ever think of staying at.when this one is the best. AL and I , and our Dogs, , STARR AND EDDIE would like to extend our Thanks for another Wonderful Experience and Vacation. another added extra that the staff has added is you can rent a bike right from the motel. It keeps you wanting to come back . New Years Day watchin the sunrise was my most Peaceful and Cherished Moment of this year and without the thoughtfulness of the motel management We would not have been able to experience this relaxing vacation. I advise anyone who wants to experience a wonderful relaxing in Ocean City , MD should check this motel out. You wont be disappointed, It has great locantion, cleanliness, Pet Friendly, Refrigerantion , Bike Rentals and more and the best friendliest staff and management in OC MD. Thanks again, Safari Motel, Mgmt and Staff, Cecelia, Al AND Starr and Eddie from PA, Looking forward to our next Vacation soon at the Safari Motel, Oc Md.

Room Tip: THere is no bad rooms. They are currently always upgrading there rooms to accomadate there customers...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
hanover twp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I would like to thank the Owners and Staff at the Safari Motel for another enjoyable vacation with my husband and dogs. You could not ask for a Better Place to Stay In Ocean City Md. I can not say enough kind words about the staff for there hospitality and there extended thoughtfulness by being a Pet Friendly Motel. The coffee is a great way to wake up in the morning available courtesy of hotel. The fridge in the room is also an added plus. The motel is clean and right in the heart of everything on the boardwalk you can sit and watch the sunrise over the ocean. Now they also have bikes to rent so that you can take a bike ride and enjoy the boardwalk. We stayed there for eleven nites and honestly I never wanted to leave. I have been going to this Motel for aprox fifteen yrs and a couple times a year and I cant wait to go back. I never experencied any bad times at this motel. They treat my husband and I and our dogs Starr and Eddie, like family. Anyone planning a vacation in Ocean City MD should check this motel out. I am sure that your experience would be great just like all of ours are. The location on the boardwalk and porches are also an added plus. It is right in the middle of all the shops and restaurants on the boardwalk, and also there is bus availability, so you can go wherever you want. I have always found this motel to have very clean rooms and a very helpful staff. Give it a try and I guarantee you wont be disappointed. Lookin forward to going back , shortly.There also is internet available as well. Cecelia , Al, Starr and Eddie. from PA.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Room
Overall the room size was a plus. Very nice that you get a refrigerator and microwave. Only problem was that we could hear people walking up and down the stairs and moving chairs in their room. Would not be good if your dog is a barker. Or Uf you're a light sleeper.

Location
Excellent. Could not ask for more in terms of enjoying the beach, boardwalk, and neighboring streets.

Check In/Out
Safari staff is great. No problems with reservations. Process was quick and easy.

TV
While you won't have a flat screen, you get a decent size, not too old box tv. You get all the cable channels you would need if you stay in one night.

It definitely beats the Knights Inn so worth the money, especially if you have a dog. And they don't restrict based on the size of your pooch. In fact they'd never even see your dog. Just lie and say he/she weighs 45 lbs and you'll be fine. I will admit the hotel may look creepy from the outside, but it was clean and not disappointing. If it had thicker walls, I would give it a 5

• Stayed October 2011
towson,md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We have stayed here for the past 14 years. The motel is perfectly located for us--on the boards and away from the honky tonk noise. The facility is old(built in 1962), but is mostly well maintained and above all...CLEAN!!! They accept pets and there is absolutely no evidence of pet odor! We stayed on the fourth floor right next to the balcony and it was like almost having a private deck. The free coffee is a great asset. This year they have added bike/surrey rentals. There is a security system which monitors the corridors and parking lot--making you feel safe--it is not intrusive at all. We take TV trays to use in the room and on the deck. Looking for an older motel that accepts pets? Try the Safari for value and above all cleanliness.!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've just came from a stay on the Safari motel and I have mixed feelings about it.
The location is superb, but the rooms are not very good it was full of ants. On the other side the staff is nice and helpful. The good thing is that allows pets in the hotel and I couldn't feel any noise from other rooms.Ahh, no breakfast, but Wifi and TV included.Free Parking and coffee.

The main concern is that the price is like a 4 star hotel in Fifth Avenue,maybe because the Labor day weekend, but for that price i will expect much more.

Room Tip: Check for the ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Safari was wonderful and located directly on the boardwalk. Yes, the rooms are a little small and there is no pool but if you are on a budget and want to walk out on the beach this is the place to stay. I base a good review on how clean a hotel is.....this place was immaculate. The maid service was great, the staff were all friendly and it had a feeling of home. I took a last minute trip with my teenage daughter and one of my main concerns was feeling safe. The staff watched out for us just like family. It is also pet friendly (some were there during our stay) but we never heard any barking or noise. I can see why many of the people staying there go back year after year.

Room Tip: There are large shared balconies on the top floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

As advertised: right on the boardwalk, clean, pet friendly. The beds were firm, the staff was friendly. But it is just not a place that I would stay again. I didn't feel safe here because there was no deadbolt on the door, the door wasn't flush with the frame, and the keys were the old fashioned metal kind that anyone could have copied or kept from a prior stay. Dogs barked all around us in adjacent rooms. There was no pleasant air conditioned lobby to read a newspaper in while the rest of the family slept....and no newspapers anyway. The air conditioner went on and off during the night and was very loud when it was on. The parking lot was a tight squeeze for our minivan. Convenient to the beach, but just not a pleasant place to spend a vacation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family