If they fixed this place up it would be nice.
Great location on 20th street across from Phillips. One block walk to the ocean.
--the Pool area--
Dirty fountain in the pool area. Lovely shade of light brown water.
Broken lounge chairs in the pool area. Right where your butt would sit, there are not slats on the chairs.
Dead plants in the pool area.
Large and clean pool.
The tables and chairs are a mismatch, umbrellas are somewhat tattered. Empty planters are used as ashtrays.
--perimeter of the hotel--
Needs sweeping. Trash, debris, cigarette butts, etc...general litter.
--The motel itself, the room--
First thing I noticed was the wood on the door near the locks, it appeared as if it had been broken into by the cops or someone wanted in real bad. Chunks of wood missing.
The room was cool, functional AC.
I saw no bugs.
Maid service was a joke. Towels scarce, bring your own.
The linens were dated and the maid doesn't make beds well. No fitted sheets and she doesn't know how to do hospital corners. Prepare to remake your bed.
No carpet, just bare floor tile and that's ok if it was clean. Wear your flip flops while walking.
There was a stove in our room. Electric and rusty on the top. Inside the cabinets were pots and pans, but the cabinets were filthy, so wash the pots and pans WELL before you use them. Best if you don't attempt it.
Wood paneling on the walls circa 1970. Mismatched light fixtures. Broken lampshades.
Poor choice of tv channels.
Remote didn't work and had no back over the batteries. We found the remote on day 2 under the bed.
Under the bed...belongings that didn't belong to us. The maid doesn't clean under the bed.
Table and 4 mismatched chairs of various shapes and sizes.
NO WATER PRESSURE to speak of for a shower.
Dated and difficult to use faucets, especially graduating between hot and cold.
Windows could use a good washing. Marked and spotty.
Bathroom could use a really good scrubbing.
The entire room could have benefitted from a bleach bath.
Drawers in the dresser were broken and fell off the track. Just leave your things in a bag please.
No hospitality at all whatsoever.
No wifi signal to speak of even though it is clearly stated 'free wifi'.
The best part about this motel was the pier and the docks, which you can go crabbing or fishing off of. The kids loved that and feeding the ducks that swam in there.
I'd recommend this if you are spending 99% of your time OUT of the room or if you are on a NONEXISTANT budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a family owned and operated business, we understand how important it is to keep our customers completely satisfied. From our flexibledaily, weekly and monthly rates to our spacious, quiet lodgings, we are the perfect location for a great vacation! UNDER New Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Islander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Ocean City
- Islander Motel Ocean City
- Islander Hotel Ocean City