“A MUST at sunset” 5 of 5 stars

Pittsburgh, PA
5 attraction reviews
“A MUST at sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food is great. Don't miss a spectacular sunset and unique sunset entertainment at Fager's Island!

Maryland
“John Fager Rule”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Went to the bar at Fager's Island on Saturday for a drink. When we walked in at around 3:30 pm there was only one other patron at the bar, a local regular.

The other thing that I noticed was that the flat screen television above the bar was not on. Last year we watched NCAA football there.

So we ordered drinks and asked the bar-back to turn on the TV. He said, "I wish I could." I asked if it was broken or the cable was out. He told me that they were not allowed to turn the tv on. It was a John Fager rule. They were only allowed to turn it on for special events. He said, "Like an Orioles game."

I thought he was joking. It's a fall Saturday!!

When the bartender later asked how we were doing, I said I'd be doing better if the TV was on. She acknowledged the same rule, but said that she might be able to talk to the manager about it. I told her not to bother, we would just finish our drinks and be on our way.

Next thing you know, the tv is on. Within an hour there were nine people at the bar watching college football.

Goofiest thing I've ever heard........John Fager rule. SMH!

Branchburg, New Jersey
21 attraction reviews
“Good Food great sunset”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Fagers Island will play the 1812 overature at sunset every day of the week. Its just something fun to do while you are sitting an enjoying a drink or dinner. Food has always been consistent. I love their fish tacos

Visited June 2012
Woodbridge, VA
“Best fish tacos in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

You can't go wrong with the fish tacos. Any of their appetizers are good, especially the crab dip and the swordfish bites.

ardsley
“didn't even get the chance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked reservations here 3 weeks before my trip to Ocean City. I called the day I got there with my reservation number as I was about to leave to go to the restaurant. Guess what, they lost my resrrvation becuas they said it was no there. Add to the fact I told the lady on the phone and she could not give a rats behind. Even telling her over and over agin the confrimation number, she said oh well we don't have it so sorry in a smart azz type of way. ASlmost ruined my anniversary until I booked at Sunset Grille and that place was awesome. If you want to be treated like garbage, go there I guess.

Visited August 2012