“Relaxing time- Off Season” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #2 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Milford, CT
“Relaxing time- Off Season”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The wife and i had a awesome 3 night stay at the Hilton. Although it was off-season, the staff was very nice and the hotel was in great shape. The price we paid was great for what we got. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and while a little pricy, the food was very good and very fresh. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Eatontown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was exceptionally happy with my stay. The mattress and pillows were the best I have ever slept on. The view from the room (808) was beautiful. The wifi was strong and easy to access. This is not the first time that I have stayed at this Hilton and it won't be my last. Mine was an off season stay which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Listen to the clerks, they won,t steer you wrong.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Narvon Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

3/15/13 The Hilton is located in a very active part of town and has very easy access to both north and south. They also have covered parking. The couch and bed in our room(105 ) had been heavily used and are in need of replacement if kept up to Hilton standards. A person tends to roll to the center of this bed and the couch bottoms out..I really did get a poor nights sleep because of this bed The room was well appointed with refrigerator, microwave, stove and oven, in room safe, wonderful pillows and linens and two separated rooms; each with its own tv.. The room was well designed for a couple who wanted to cook some meals in house or who just like the extra space. The view is obstructed by the pool slide and being ground level. This room would be a great room for those who want easy accessibilty to the kiddie pool. It is also located very close to the front desk, restaurant, indoor poor and exercise room. The pool temperature was a bit too cool for this time of year and should be at least 83 since the hotel has no hot tub and the only jets are in the pool.. The older people and the kids were shivering. In the exercise room there was one treadmill that was not working and should be put quicly back in service
In the jet tub in your room run your water to the level desired before getting in and then turn you jets on. Hair tends to accumulate in the jet return and they are not always checked by cleaning staff. Yes there was hair in ours at start up after my wife got in. Yuk! I should have known better and checked, but slipped up. This is typical at any hotel. Any problems you have at the Hilton should be discussed with staff privately. They are quite competent, better trained than most any hotel chain I have found and really want to please; that's why I recommend and stay at Hilton products. I was comped for my inconvenience.
Room service was fantastic. Our meal arrived pipping hot except for the salad which was supposed to be cold. Normally I don't each much salad (my wife orderd one) but I tried it and found it to be exceptional. The mixture of fresh greens, cranberries, orange slices and dressing were a winning combination. The Frence onion soup was exceptional and to die for.. The best I have had in quite a while. The burger was excellent too. Our waiter who brought it was friendly and service oriented. Certainly I did not interact with every staff person but everyone from the porter to the front desk were just a delight.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower levels have some obstructed view of the ocean because of the sliding board at...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I overall enjoyed my saty with this resort. I felt as though since it was the off season that a few resources were lacking. I also did not feel as thoguht the rates that they charge fit anywhere close to the accomidations!!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We needed a bit of ocean on our vacation last summer so in between DC and Hershey Park we stopped on Ocean City and stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights. The hotel was lovely and the pool was fine. The childrens pool really is for kids - little kids. My boys were 7 and 9 at the time and it was a bit too kiddy for them. I wouldn't change much about this hotel other than to put it in a nicer location. In the afternoons they had a lady paint faces and a few other little free activities. I contacted the concierge before we arrived and he located a nanny for us so that we could go out each night and the kids enjoyed both of the sitters he found for us. Love the Hilton - did not love Ocean City. Very tacky area. I would not return to Ocean City even if someone else paid. Trashy, tattoo shops, pizza shops, arcades, donut shops and all you can eat buffets is all they have to offer. We did find one nice place to eat but was honestly shocked at the lack of seafood places. This is not the first locale I have traveled to that was on the ocean but was seriously lacking in with regard to dining out at good seafood places.

Room Tip: If you like kitchy but want to stay some place nice - the Hilton in Ocean City will fit the bill. Ke...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Port Deposit, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband, 8 month old daughter and I stayed here for his birthday. We had checked in late the night before to another hotel and left as soon as we woke up the next morning. We called the Hilton, made sure they had a room, and checked in right away.
Staff was great, our room was amazing. Very clean, smelled clean, had a full kitchen, large bathroom, and a nice bedroom area. The beds were actually pretty comfortable. We had a wonderful view of the ocean, and the balcony was very clean. The living room was great because we had plenty of room to sit our daughter down and play.
The food was a little expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. Room service was great also.
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Wonderful view of the ocean
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clear Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room was nice, although it had a strong smell of Indian food, most likely from the last user and I'm not sure what the hotel could really do about that other then air it out. We probably should have requested a different room, as we had our pick of floor and room upon check-in.

The cable sucks. Just about every channel has a problem receiving the signal and the picture freezes and jumps. We watched three days of HGTV, the only channel that was watchable.

The Pool is nice, but the deck was not cleaned (or was cleaned poorly) in the three days we stayed as evidenced by the used band-aid and food pick that were there everyday. The pool is nice for kids (3' on one end to 4' on the other) and uncrowded in the off-season.

Room service food was good and delivered promptly. Just read the fine print ahead of time as you will NOT get an itemized receipt to sign and know that the total presented to you automatically includes a tip of 20%, $2 delivery fee, and $2 additional fee even though there is an additional tip line on the bill. I find a forced tip and $4 in BS fees a bit much, delivered in that format to make you feel that an additional tip is needed, seems a bit underhanded (and the fine print nicely explains that 15% goes to the wait staff and 5% is an administration fee). This fine print can be found in the room menu. Join FYI, I paid it without complaint, but if I hand not see it, an additional $4 on top of the auto tip would have just pissed me off.

The staff is friendly and calls the front desk about pool times, and other small things were quickly answered.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the view. If you room smells, ask for a new room right away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront? Share your experiences!