Wonderful hotel although not as new as I thought. They advertise with “newest suite property in the area” which might be true but just because everything else obviously is a bit older. But although the furniture wasn't brand-new it was very well maintained and didn't show any signs of wear that are often visible in other beach hotels. Free parking was easy in their enclosed garage and as I was there during the week it was never a problem to find a space. I just found it a bit irritating that you never have to use your room key to enter the property; all doors from the parking garage or from the pool areas were always open.
It’s an all-suite hotel and I was even upgraded to a corner suite which is bigger and has lots of windows. So the room was light-flooded and friendly in all areas. Wonderful bathroom with an amazing walk in shower (three shower heads: one rain shower, two regulars, very cool!), separate Jacuzzi in the bedroom, a full kitchen with more small appliances than I have at home. The living room area and the balcony each have a full table with 4 chairs so you can eat in without any hassle.
Breakfast was alright and included for me as a Diamond member but the restaurant was strangely located behind the indoor pool area and kind of dark. A beachfront setting with a view would be much nicer. They also have a Starbucks in the lobby if you just want something small.
There are 2 outdoor pools one for adults and one with lots of water toys for the kids. The kiddie pool was already closed for the season (beginning of October) which wasn't an issue for me but may be one if you are travelling with family. Maybe it should be mentioned on their website when they close certain areas for the season.
There are complimentary guest laundries on every floor with two washers and dryers which I think is a very nice add on.
The big downside for me was the maid service; actually not the service itself which was fine but the timing of it. My room wasn't made until 4.30 pm and just when I returned from my beach walk and was in need of a shower the maid was finally in the room. They have a note in the room that they work on the rooms for new arrivals first and only make the other rooms after that so I kind of expected a later than normal service but that late!? I may understand that policy in high season but it was the beginning of October and the place didn't seem that full. I assume they keep their housekeeping staff short in off-season. The management should think not only of the new-arrivals but also of the guests who are already there. What’s the sense of a suite room if you cannot use it!? Especially when the weather isn't that great and you cannot be outside all the time. When you are at a beach place you want to come back to your room in the afternoon for refreshing or resting before dinner. I like my room to be done by lunchtime and their practice of doing it so late actually kept me from staying for one more night.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront Hotel
- Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront Hotel Ocean City
- Hilton Hotel Ocean City
- Hilton Ocean City
- Ocean City Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront is an all suite oceanfront luxury hotel and beach family resort at 32nd Street in Ocean City Maryland. Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront is Ocean City's only establishment to win AAA's four diamond award. Each suite contains a separate living and bedroom, a private oceanfront balcony, two flat-screen televisions, a Jacuzzi tub, and a fully-equipped kitchen. The property has three swimming pools, two restaurants and one great view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.