“Wonderful stay but maid service much too late” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #2 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Cologne, Germany
“Wonderful stay but maid service much too late”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Wonderful hotel although not as new as I thought. They advertise with “newest suite property in the area” which might be true but just because everything else obviously is a bit older. But although the furniture wasn't brand-new it was very well maintained and didn't show any signs of wear that are often visible in other beach hotels. Free parking was easy in their enclosed garage and as I was there during the week it was never a problem to find a space. I just found it a bit irritating that you never have to use your room key to enter the property; all doors from the parking garage or from the pool areas were always open.

It’s an all-suite hotel and I was even upgraded to a corner suite which is bigger and has lots of windows. So the room was light-flooded and friendly in all areas. Wonderful bathroom with an amazing walk in shower (three shower heads: one rain shower, two regulars, very cool!), separate Jacuzzi in the bedroom, a full kitchen with more small appliances than I have at home. The living room area and the balcony each have a full table with 4 chairs so you can eat in without any hassle.

Breakfast was alright and included for me as a Diamond member but the restaurant was strangely located behind the indoor pool area and kind of dark. A beachfront setting with a view would be much nicer. They also have a Starbucks in the lobby if you just want something small.

There are 2 outdoor pools one for adults and one with lots of water toys for the kids. The kiddie pool was already closed for the season (beginning of October) which wasn't an issue for me but may be one if you are travelling with family. Maybe it should be mentioned on their website when they close certain areas for the season.

There are complimentary guest laundries on every floor with two washers and dryers which I think is a very nice add on.

The big downside for me was the maid service; actually not the service itself which was fine but the timing of it. My room wasn't made until 4.30 pm and just when I returned from my beach walk and was in need of a shower the maid was finally in the room. They have a note in the room that they work on the rooms for new arrivals first and only make the other rooms after that so I kind of expected a later than normal service but that late!? I may understand that policy in high season but it was the beginning of October and the place didn't seem that full. I assume they keep their housekeeping staff short in off-season. The management should think not only of the new-arrivals but also of the guests who are already there. What’s the sense of a suite room if you cannot use it!? Especially when the weather isn't that great and you cannot be outside all the time. When you are at a beach place you want to come back to your room in the afternoon for refreshing or resting before dinner. I like my room to be done by lunchtime and their practice of doing it so late actually kept me from staying for one more night.

Room Tip: If you can go for a corner suite. They have more windows and light in all areas of the room. Sometim...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

1,063 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Amazing hotel and location. We were there for two nights on the Christmas weekend. Our room was on the 12th floor, directly on the ocean. All rooms are ocean front. Amazing views of sun rise.
Requested turn down service.
Well worth the money spent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel was the best hotel I could have ever stayed at for the Thanksgiving holiday. Starting from when I stepped in the front door all the staff was so nice and professional. Check-in was a breeze the day before Thanksgiving. This hotel is very clean, the pool and workout room nice and clean. The rooms are spacious and overlook the beach. The restaurant in the hotel 32 palms served a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with a carving station, very cozy and the food exceeded my expectations. I will definitely spend next Thanksgiving there. If you want a change of pace for Thanksgiving check this place out you won't have to cook, clean up, wash dishes and argue with family members leave it to the Hilton staff. Sheilagirl 612

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastern Shore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

2nd time we have stayed at this hotel in Ocean City. We have tried two others in the interim and they were pretty good, but this hotel is the best we have stayed at in Ocean City. Clean and comfortable with a private balcony. The oceanfront room is amazing and I prefer the bedroom at the front so I can listen to the ocean overnight as I sleep. 2 tv's are awesome. We stay in the offseason. Full size fridge and kitchen if you want that. We prefer to eat out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We've stayed here twice now for an offseason weekend. The layout of the suites is fabulous -- from the door you walk into a sitting room with sofa bed, chair, flat screen TV and small dining table. From there you walk through the galley kitchen with full sized fridge, microwave, stovetop, and dishwasher. The bedroom is separated from the kitchen by a door and has a great view out over the beach as well as a decent sized balcony. The beds were very comfy and had nice (clean!) duvets. There's another TV in the bedroom and DVD players were connected to both the bedroom and sitting room TVs.

We really enjoyed the pool, it's one of the nicest indoor hotel pools I've seen and has tropical plantings all around it. You can order drinks from the bar right at the pool, nice!

The front desk staff were friendly. We ordered room service dinner and breakfast and it was delivered fairly quickly and decent quality. The second night we ordered pizza from Johnny's Pizza. They delivered right to the door and the pizza was great.

My only complaint about the room is that I think they need to deep clean (or replace) the tile floor in the kitchen and bathroom. They seemed old and the grout was dirty looking. Also there is a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom but the sides are very high which makes it hard to get in and out of the tub unless you're over 6 feet tall.

All and all we had a great stay and would stay there again because of the room layout.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have stayed here twice in the winter for group events. The suites are spacious and beautifully laid out. You enter into the living room and the bedroom is inside, facing the ocean, so there is no hallway noise audible. Each balcony has walls separating it from the neighboring balconies, so you can enjoy the ocean view without the distraction of neighbors. The bathroom is large with plenty of good-quality towels. The shower is also a deep Jacuzzi tub, which is great, but an older person might have trouble getting in and out so if necessary check on whether alternatives are available. The lobby area and staff are very nice and my request for a high floor was accommodated. The indoor pool is also very nice. The ocean view is wonderful, especially from the higher floors, and it's great to be able to just walk out directly onto the beach from the main level. We'll book this hotel whenever we come to Ocean City,.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was very impressed when I walked into the huge lobby with the giant doors and windows, giving a BEAUTIFUL view of the ocean from inside. Outside the lobby door are steps leading down to the beach. The outside kiddie and adult pools are also right outside the lobby door. This property is very well laid out, and an EXCELLENT choice if you have little ones. My 2yr old twin grandbabies absolutely LOVED the kiddie pool, it's among the best I've seen. There's also an arcade room with games for older children, and little rides for toddlers. I didn't get a chance to use the adult pool or indoor pool since this was a bonding trip for my grandbabies and I. I loved the convenience of walking right out onto the beach. Our suite was very clean, and the view from the balcony was beautiful. There are 2 issues that kept me from giving a 5 star review. The first is the balcony railing (bars). The bars should be closer together. A small child could get its head caught . Also, on either side, where the railing ends, there's enough space between the railing and the wall, that a child could easily fall through. Although my grandbabies were never unattended, this is a safety hazzard, and should be corrected. Whenever I went out on the balcony with the children, I had to literally hold them back from walking over to the railing. This sort of put a damper on enjoying the balcony with them. Naturally children want to walk over to the railing and look through, but I had to either have their hands, or keep them seated(restrain them), while we were on the balcony. The 2nd is the breakfast buffet. It was VERY limited as far as selections, and therefore WAY overpriced. Other than that, I can't see staying anywhere else if I return to Ocean Beach. Overall, the hotel is lovely, and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a more spectacular view. If you have small children, don't let them...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront? Share your experiences!