“Had difficulty opening door with the "key"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #2 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
PA
“Had difficulty opening door with the "key"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Parking is definatly a concern with this hotel. Make sure you put the parking permit in your window or they will tow you. I had difficulty opening all the doors with my "key" The front desk was very nice and showed me the technique of how to open the door they said this happens all the time. Had to wait for about 20 minutes to check in because there were so many people ahead of me. They had 3 people working at the desk but it was a busy time. The front desk is located on the first floor rather than the ground floor I guess this is so it is elevated in the event of flooding. There is a long outside stairway that leads from the front desk to the beach area. The front desk staff were friendly. The room was excellent. Enjoyed the kitchen with a full refrigerator and appliances. Brought food so I would not have to go out to eat. It was a warmer day so I enjoyed the ocean front and listening to the waves. The living room was dark but had good lighting. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tube and a shower that was coming from the ceiling in the middle of the tub rather than the wall. Unique. I plan on coming back for some beach r and r

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here 2 times, both times for 3 nights. We always come back with lots of happy memories from this place. Kids love pool and water slide area. They have lots of activities for kids in summer too. I love the beach front location. Beach is just a walk up from the pool area and it doesn't get better than that. Staff is friendly. I had breakfast only once in the restaurant and it took a while for them to seat us and for service. We have used roo. Service many times and food is great. We loved the convenience of full kitchen and suite. So far I can't say anything negative about this place. We will have many more stay here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

So as I've stated in my previous reviews, I am a member of the media. I was assigned recently to cover Hurricane Sandy as it approached the East Coast and this is where we stayed and used as a "media headquarters" of sorts.

Given the situation of a hurricane, I can say the staff was amazing and generous. During the storm, they ceased current operations and opened up the restaurant for free meals for everyone who was staying at the hotel...including staff...some of whom had to stay at the hotel for safety reasons. It was amazing. The Hilton corporation should be proud that such nice and professional people are making the company look good.

As far as the rooms, Hilton quality. Large, good kitchens with microwave, stove and fridge. Beds were comfortable and a great view of the ocean. I highly recommend this place to stay, you will have a great time if you go in the summer or a winter getaway!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views so you can't lose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Hilton in Ocean City. We loved the suite and the full kitchen.
The oceanfront view is so wonderful. Because of the screen door you can go to sleep with the door open listening to the ocean waves crashing at the shore.
We stayed at 3 different locations down the east coast and this had the most comfortable beds.
The view was one of the best too. It also was spotless clean...
The staff was professional and courteous.

Room Tip: I've stayed in all different rooms on previous stays and I've liked any room I have been in
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked a suite the day of travel (we live in DC, about a 2 1/2 hr drive) and got a 400 sq ft, direct oceanfront Penthouse suite for $89; granted it is low season but the weather was great. Most of the room looked like it had been recently remodeled/updated and the beds were super comfortable. The "bedroom" had two queen beds that closed off from the rest of the unit, so no loud noises to hear in the hallway. Ventilation system worked great. Bathroom had mood lighting with a large new jacuzzi tub. There was a kitchenette with full stove, fridge, dishwasher and microwave. But we didn't cook and ended up getting room service from 32 Palm which was good but nothing to write home about. I do not see how the hotel made any profit on our stay at this price point.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor unit.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

A perfect quick oceanfront getaway. Checked in too early but not a problem, as I was offered a complimentary "upgrade" to a terrace balcony room. We went to the lounge, Rumbas, to view football game and patiently waited for my cell to ring with the news that our room was ready. We decided to grab a bite and I'm glad that we did. We ordered the jerk chicken sandwich and the turkey BLT and both were delicious. By the time we finished out late lunch, I got the call that our room was ready. Off we go to our 10th floor suite. It was pristine, and brightly lit. Walked through the living room, kitchenette, bedroom to my favorite destination...the oceanfront balcony. But wait... take a few steps up, and there's another area with an outdoor jacuzzi. Perfection.
My only complaint is that when I reserved the oceanfront room, it came with a 2pm late check out, however the next morning at about 1130am we were startled by a knock on the door. They said check out was at 11am. As it turns out, the 2pm late check out that's advertised is "subject to availability". It certainly seemed very quiet on this weekday autumn morning, so we couldn't understand their unwillingness to apply the advertised late check out. But staff was not willing, for this was an "upgraded room". Wish I had known this before I accepted the "upgrade", with just a one night stay, I would have chosen a later check out on a "regular balcony oceanfront room". Needless to say our departure was suddenly hurried and we were in a rush to leave. So a happy arrival, delightful stay, but a rushed departure.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our stay here occurred just after the summer high season had ended and the city had started into its usual winter hibernation period. Many businesses had locked up and shuttered for the winter, but there was still enough open to make this a most enjoyable stay. The hotel itself had a lot to do with that. The only possible drawbacks to an October stay were that the two outdoor pools were closed and the hotel restaurant was no longer offering its breakfast buffet. But those were more than offset by the lack of crowds and the more relaxed atmosphere. We're not big beach rats anyhow, and the heated indoor pool operates year-round so swimming is always available. Our hotel room was outstanding - an upgrade to a corner suite with a jacuzzi in the bedroom and a balcony overlooking the beach. It was spacious and comfortable with a bath that was something special: twin sinks and two different sets of shower heads to choose from in the roomy shower stall. But in truth there are probably no bad rooms here; all suites overlook the beach. The staff was uniformly friendly, efficient and helpful, and the facility was much cleaner than other beachfront properties we've stayed at. One logistical note: the hotel entrance is on the ground floor but the lobby is one floor higher, reached either by a staircase or elevators. When first registering, you may wish to leave bags, etc. in the car until you have your room keys and then bring everything into the building, enter the elevator and go straight to your floor. There are usually bellmen near the ground floor entrance if you need their help. Logistical note number two: When arriving, the outdoor parking spaces are obvious, but less obvious is the covered parking under the lobby; keep driving toward the beach a bit further and you'll see the vehicular entrance. You then enter the ground floor entrance through a rear door which connects to the parking garage. Another major plus was the hotel's restaurant called 32 Palm. There is really no reason to go hunting for a nice place for dinner, especially when many Ocean City restaurants are on hiatus for the colder months. We had one of the best dinners here that we've ever enjoyed anywhere and the staff was uniformly pleasant, helpful and efficient. The breakfasts were very good too, and the neighboring lounge was an inviting place for a nightcap or a less formal meal. All in all, this was a most enjoyable stay in a marvelous hotel. We'll gladly return in the future.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and have windows facing the north or south, in addition to the beach views...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront? Share your experiences!