“DO NOT GIVE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO THEM, THEY WILL STEAL!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Voyager Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ocean Voyager Motel
3201 Baltimore Avenue, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #97 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“DO NOT GIVE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO THEM, THEY WILL STEAL!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

By far the worst customer service I have EVER experienced in my entire adult life. Management is deceitful and unresponsive, and they steal. ALEX who works there is rude and a liar. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE OCEAN VOYAGER YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!!! They made purchases with MY CREDIT CARD without my permission. Folks, save yourselves a lot of hassle and do not stay here and tell your friends too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hagerstown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We wanted a place to stay for 2 nights because we wanted to go to SunFest. The description sounds great and the amenities were ok. When we got there they put us toward the street and because it was Thursday we thought they had alot of people coming in. Saturday, when we were ready to leave there still wasn't people checked in. There was a coffee shop, a pool, and a small tiki bar at the pool but they still put us toward the street instead of inside where it would have benefited the motel. We would have sat by the pool and ate at their coffee shop. Smelled so bad in the room we put hand cream on the carpet and sprayed perfume around the room. Very dirty but we had friends to visit so we didn't stay there except to sleep. Would never refer this place to even seniors. The front desk staff was very rude.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Oh wow. Where to begin. This place is disgusting. I can stay just about anywhere... but this place should be shut down. The smell of mold is so strong I don't think it is safe to breathe the air. Listen to all the negative reviews and skip this place.

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a room for a total of 17 minutes. That includes the time we took to get our bag off the motorcycle and walk into the room/cell. Stood in there long enough to see the dirty "beds", filthy bathroom and falling down curtains at the window. No air, moldy fridge and air freshner in the corner. The distance from the door to the street consisted of the sidewalk, which was also the bus stop. There was a two inch gap at the bottom of the door. You could clearly see sunlight. So I can only imagine that the buses fumes would void out the smell of mold. The clincher was the bugs. That did it, I went right back to the office. The young woman that was working that day was very polite. She even offered another room to look at. But she knew. The receipt stated no refunds, but I thought I'd at least ask. Used my AMEX so thought if I didn't get a refund I'd call them to see what I could do. The clerk bat an eye when I asked for a refund. She was honestly very nice. I think that was the only positive thing I could say about the place.

Room Tip: Dont' waste your time!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Parsons, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

..I've stayed here for years..n had a great time stayin here, 3rd week in August...its quite clean, quite basic...AC , TV, fridge, shower n bed are perfect..it is older, but well maintained...for gosh sake, its 100 ft from the beach n $100 a nite..!?..great poolside tiki bar, restaurants adjacent, even the coolest karaoke "Sandbar" across coastal hwy...lol....staff gets u anything u need...I really fail to see what people gripe about here, considering the age of the place & the awesome price..?? If you have any problems, talk to Sal or Sal,jr...they will take care of you...great folks!

Room Tip: ..get courtside, 1st floor, ideally....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Frostburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This place was a horrible rip off! It wasn't bad enough that the rooms are so incredibly disgusting with the smell of mildew and carpet that always stays damp...but they nickle and dime you for e v e r y t h i n g -- $5 deposit for the key, $10 if you want to switch rooms to 'courtside' (ooo such a fancy view of the parking lot, what a luxary) -- they rent out the already limited parking spaces to people not even staying at the hotel for $10 so people paying over $180 for a crappy room now have to cross Coastal Highway to park their car. If you do luck out and get a parking space at the hotel the only ways to get in and out of the parking lot exits are raised up so be prepared to bottom out each time you come and go. We upgraded our room from a horrible mildew/cat urine smelling room to one that just smelled like mildew. There are signs stating NO REFUNDS so we didn't even try, but I bought two things of Lysol and sprayed the entire room down. There was also a sign in the bathroom that said they charge $10 if you do not keep your shower curtain on the inside of the shower. Our room had a bleached spot on the rug (but hey at least that spot was clean) beer bottle caps behind the nightstand but I guess we were lucky because another review on here said they found a used condom and unexplained brown stains on the 'clean' sheets. $180! And yeah, the irony that it is right across the street from the Hilton was not lost on us. UGH. Do not stay at this place if you value your respiratory health. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This place is absolutely disgusting. I stayed previously at the princess royale but we were on a tight budget this trip and decided to stay at ocean voyager- even though it was still around 180 per night, it was still less than princess royale. When you walk into the room you are blasted by the horrible stench of mildew, walk through the room and the curtains have blood stains on them, the bed spreads ripped, small dirty refrigerator, MOLDYYYYYY shower curtain and hair stuck in the towels. The air conditioner was full of dust and makes awful sounds when turned on. The street and other patrons were the least of our worries. Please understand that I have seen some pretty nasty motels before but I went two weeks ago and now, i have "tunnel" marks from scabies on my arm. I have not yet verified from my doctor that this is indeed scabies but i am almost 100% sure based on pictures ive seen of them. The cleanliness in this motel was farrrrrr below expectations and although it seems to be a party motel and high school seniors tend to stay there, it is disgusting for even the lowest of low lives i am sure! If you want diseases or bugs, go to ocean voyager. If you want a clean, nice place, opt for paying a little extra and staying somewhere like princess royale which is up a bit further or paying a lot more and staying somewhere between 2-20 sts. At ocean voyager, you get far less than what you paid for and they hassle you wheb you request anything in reference to changing room or even just to get some clean towels. Horrible place!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Ocean Voyager Motel? Share your experiences!