“It could've been worse!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Eden Roc Motel
You added Eden Roc Motel to your Saves list
Oceanfront on 20th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #39 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“It could've been worse!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

We arrived around 11 and check-in was not until 2 but our rooms were ready and they allowed us to check-in early. The rooms were fairly clean we killed a spider and that was the only one we saw. There were no other bugs or bed bugs that bothered us. The lampshades and pillows were stained but I always bring my own pillows. The hotel employees were very helpful for anything we needed. The parking was a little scarce but if nothing at the hotel was available they gave us a parking pass to park in the parking garage right next door. They rent bikes for the boardwalk in the morning. My only real complaint would be about the pool. The kids were very unruly. There are a list of rules on the pool gate and I think not a person was obeying. They had glass bottles, floating devices and balls which none were allowed. The kids chased each other and ran around until one fell and hit his head on the concrete. Not one employee came in and said a word to any of these kids. Sure they were having fun and I have kids of my own but for some of the older foks staying there it was an inconvience for them. But overall it was cheap and not to shabby and a half a block from the beach and boardwalk. We would definately stay again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010 via mobile

I stay here for years it very nice. the staff is very friendly. I don't know why people wrote that this places has bed bugs it not for everybody.it has cheap rates and they have gas grill that the guest can use I had a wonderful time stay here. I would stay here again. It also is a great location.

• Stayed August 2010
pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Low budget motel, good location, but dirty and not worth being attacked by bed bugs. Limited parking; had to drive around for 30 minutes to find a parking spot on arrival.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Hanover, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I really didnt think that it would be too bad to stay in this place, i was a little raggedy looking but i could see past that, what i couldn't get over is how damaged and rundown the rooms were and how rude the management is. It even brought my girlfriend to tears on how mean their staff is. We had to complain twice because the cleaning ladies didn't touch our room and when we confronted the office about it they yelled and blamed it on us. i would never stay at this motel again no matter how good the cost is!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

I could overlook the crooked/damaged lampshades or the lack of hooks in the bathroom, because I know this is not a big chain. I could even overlook the pair of men's underwear we found by the sliding door under the curtain. I know that owners of beach rentals don't keep them up to perfection because renters at the beach can be hard on a rental property. And I know I choose to pay a premium for Ocean front with a balcony. That being said -- the biggest disappointment was that all of the advertisement just states that the efficiencies have "Oceanfront balconies". I paid about $300 per night. There was a large family occupying at least 2 rooms in the motel (one was right next to me--the other was not in an oceanfront room). They all used the balcony, and we had people sitting right outside of our sliding door or walking past the door looking in, or draping their towels on the rail in front of the door...for most of our 4 day weekend. I realize inconsiderate renters are not the fault of the motel, BUT I would not have paid that price for a shared balcony had I realized that's what it was. Also, although the maid was extremely kind, no one ever cleaned the balconies and my neighbors, who I believe were also in a "non smoking room" would use the balcony as a 'smoking balcony' and butt out their cigs on the ground.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Berks County, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

My husband and I stayed 4 nights in this motel for our one year wedding anniversary. I stayed here with my family years ago and at that time it wasn't that bad. I knew it wasn't going to be an extravagent motel but I did have a few expectations.

A few things that were terrible: the bed was way small and uncomfortable, the bedding was old, I thought there would have been a small table with the chairs and there wasn't. We had no remote in the room at first so they had to bring one in. We arrived late around 9 our first night and there was one towel in the room so we had to go down and ask for more, then wait for someone to bring them up. You would think there would have been 2 sets of towels. And the last thing I hated were the tile floors, we put the hand towels on the floor to wipe the sand off before getting into bed, oh and the room was small than I expected.

My husndand and I are both in agreement that we will pay more money for a nice place to stay next time because it will definitley bee worth it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room, bed and other things
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Butler, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

Last summer we decided to go to OC for vacation and found the Roc while driving around comparing outrageous prices for hotels. This place is not fancy by any means, but if you are looking for a clean place to lay your head down at night for a price that is very reasonable - then this is your place! We loved the tile floors - no smelly , gross , dirty carpet. The staff was more than happy to accomodate us with a broom and dust pan to sweep any sand that we had tracked in. House keeping did a fine job - clean towels , empty trash cans , cleaning the bathroom and etc. The rates on the room at the Roc actually afforded us two more nights in OC. We have booked ourselves there this year as well. As far as parking went, there is a 5 or 6 floor parking garage directly beside the hotel, so I am not sure how parking could be an issue unless you are just too lazy to walk around the corner to get into an elevator. The pool is small, but there were plenty of lounge chairs for everyone in our group at all times.

• Liked — The price and the location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Eden Roc Motel? Share your experiences!