“September 2013- Stolen Identity” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Eden Roc Motel
You added Eden Roc Motel to your Saves list
Oceanfront on 20th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #39 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Cumberland, Maryland, United States
“September 2013- Stolen Identity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hotel management not helpful at all, I made a mistake and left my cell phone in my room while I went to the beach on September 9, 2013. As soon as I returned to my room I started receiving weird text messages from my wireless carrier, so I called them, only to find out that my identity had been stolen. I spent 3 hours on the phone changing accounts and freezing bank accounts. I know it happened there, I have never had this happen before, I have been all over the east coast using my credit and bank cards, ordered items online, etc and this has never happened to me before. When I reported it to the man that was working that evening he says to me, "hmm, maybe they fired the wrong people a few weeks back." The next day they told me they were going to run a scan of everyone that was in and out of that room for me to call for an update. When I called to see, they pretty much told me it was my problem. Hopefully I have luck when I take the info and IP addressed to the police department, and if I find out it was anyone at this place, I will own Eden Roc. Maybe if you would have honest americans working for you, maybe this wouldn't happen. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Ok. I'm gonna start off by saying after reading the reviews online, I was scared to death to get there and see what this place was... Literally sick thinking about it. So here's my review!!!

The motel does look retro... Walked in the office for the first time and was greated by two extremely friendly women at the desk. I got out keys and spoke a while and then off to the room. Parked right out front of our room and made it to the door.

When I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a nice size, very clean, no sand and no ants or any other bugs... Bed sheets and linens were clean. Smelled of a freshly cleaned room....

No maids walk right in as I had seen someone had posted... We never needed anything.... Very well stocked. Fridge and microwave worked great... Nice flat screen tv with lots of channels. Even tho we only had it on once.... Nice hot water in the showers. (And 4 of us went back to back and never ran out)... I had also taken extra towels, toilet paper, and paper towels... But could have saved the packing because we never needed them...

The pool was clean... And never over crowded...

I paid a great price and was very satisfied with the rooms. So don't let the other reviews scare you like they did me... I don't go to the beach to stay in a room... Friends of ours stayed in two other motels and paid more and their rooms were aweful compacted to mine:..

So thanks for a great vacation Eden Roc... See you next year

Natalie Cooley

• Stayed September 2013
Sallsbuurry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I walked into the room with my friend and thought we walked in a storage closet by mistake. There was a bed inside but that's about it. We were promised a couch but that old man lied and now they won't give me my $105 back and I didn't stay there the second night. It seems like they care more about renting bikes than they do customer service. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!! I recommend somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't pick this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Quarryville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ok, not only is their t.v listing on their website a lie. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HBO ON THEIR TV. Now this didn't matter much since my boyfriend and I weren't there to just watch t.v but I just wanted to put that out there for people to know. The t.v. only has 21 channels,12 which are just news. I also seen about 3 ants on the bed in the same day.
The most upsetting thing to happen, especially since it was my very first vacation to ocean city, I had $105 stolen both from my purse and wallet. I went to the manager the next day about it and all she said was that nobody would touch my purse. Why I believe it was the house maid, was because the person counted out $40 from my wallet and put it back in, took $60 then $45 I set aside in my purse. If it was another customer from the motel, they would have either took my whole purse or grabbed my wallet and the $45 and ran. Also, before my boyfriend and I went down to the beach, pushed my purse between the night stand and the bed. The house keeper was even in our room when I went up from the pool side. The point is, DO NOT STAY HERE. the workers are VERY unprofessional. If you do stay, put anything important into your car before leaving your room and lock it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was really sold on the $118 a night. I found *nothing* elsewhere for that price for the 3 nights in July that I needed. I had read reviews online and really was trying to see the positive. As a single mom with 2 kids, I really can't afford to pay $300 a night for a hotel on the boardwalk. Now I know why the price is so low.
Pro: The price and location
Con: everything else. I really would have been satisfied with a cheap, clean place to sleep. I knew it was not going to be anything fancy. I was prepared with my own bath towels, paper towels and Kleenex. Also I brought a sheet to lay on the floor because the floors are tile and sand does track in; I mean, this is the beach. I was not prepared for baby ants all over the place. That might not have been a problem if the bottom of the door (we were on the second floor) actually met the floor. You could see a good bit of daylight under it. There was so much hair on the floor that I made the kids (and myself) wear flip flops at all times in the room. The best part was flipping back the standard polyester bed cover and seeing that someone had used it to wipe off some body part that was bleeding. Now seriously. Housekeeping didn't see it? (oh- housekeeping- they tried to come in at 9:10 am our first morning there. Seriously?? We're on vacation, people!! Luckily I had the chain on the door.) And when was the last time it had been changed? Gross... I asked housekeeping to change it and she did. Her English was minimal and I asked her to spray for the ants and vacuum up the hair. Three times. Her answer to that was a small hand broom. Yeah. Guess what? That didn't take care of the ants. Or hair. The room had 2 portable lights. One had a broken lightbulb. the remote control, disgustingly dirty, didn't have a cover over the batteries and the batteries died the second day. The toilet seat was so cracked and chipped that I kept thinking there were bugs on it. The beds (2 doubles) were smushy and the springs cracked when you moved around. There is a mini fridge that worked fine. The teeny microwave took 15 minutes to heat up some macaroni and cheese from the night before that we put in the fridge. They do have an inground pool that is just fine.
We left a day early...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairmont, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at a few budget hotels in OC but this is the one for me and my family. Reservations are easy, its affordable and a great location. We've stayed Ocean Front, in the efficiencies that overlook the alley and in the hotel section many times.

It's not the ritz carlton but how often are you really in your room anyway?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lancaster
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Walked through the hallway and it smelled like vomit. We got our room and first thing we always do is check the beds for bugs. Pulled off the top blanket and saw ants crawling around the sheets. Went to front desk explained situation then was offered apartment, after already putting all of our stuff in it they came over to tell us we could not stay there the last night and would have to find another place. Then the owner proceeded to tell me that they checked our room and didn't find any ants, calling us liars. The owner couldn't have cared less whether we stayed or went. Next time I will remember to take pictures of what I find. Receptionist was very nice and was willing to make us happy but owner was rude and obviously didn't care about his customers. Got full refund and went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Eden Roc Motel? Share your experiences!