“Best value hotel I've stayed at.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Ocean City

Knights Inn Ocean City
You added Knights Inn Ocean City to your Saves list
Knights Inn Ocean City
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   201 North Baltimore Avenue, Corner of 2nd Street, Ocean City, MD 21842 (Formerly Sea Breeze Motel)   |
Ranked #84 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Best value hotel I've stayed at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Let me be clear. This is not a 5-star hotel, but I will gladly give it a 5-star rating for what it is. We had a fantastic stay and highly recommend the place. A great value a block from the boardwalk. The room was clean, very large (with a table and chairs and sleeper sofa). The bathroom was clean. Others complain about a mildew smell. Yes, this is apparent. As it is in every beach hotel I have stayed at. This is another reason why there is no carpet (but there was a nice area rug, which I wasn't expecting). Fridge and microwave were clean. Pillows were soft, but flat, as other reviews have said. So, bring some pillows. But the bed was very comfy. It was quiet. It was great. We will love going back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

August 3rd and 4th 2012
We checked in at 3:00 pm exactly, the bathroom has mold growing on it and does not look like the shower stall was ever scrubbed. The beds were weak and the pillows were flat. AC barely worked thank god we do not spend time in the room. Great location. No internet service available. Last day we got up. Commode was backed up. not sure why went to the front desk and they said, it would be two hours before someone could come over. OK . Had to use the bathroom in the office. Left one hour later.

Room Tip: This room is only good to sleep in. Would not have brought kids here, be afraid they would catch so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place is absolutely horrible. Upon entry it smelled like mildew. Granted we may have been near the ocean but not close enough for the room to smell like it was saturated with water. The pillows were flat. I was scared to lay on the bed. Could barely get any good channels on the tv (which you received the tv control) upon check-in. Tile was missing all over the bathroom and I was scared to take a shower. Since I had to take a shower I put towels on the shower floor. The room was $140 and should have cost $60. Parking is horrible. For my first experience at OC..this truly left alot to be desired. They need to tear it down and start all over. One of my friends took me there for the experience and what an experience it was. NEVER EVER EVER STAY HERE. The only good part was it was one block from the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Harrison Hall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Had a great time, the people from Altoona PA.. (Steelers fans) were the best guest ever next door. The place was nice and very well located to everything. Place was really nice and clean...Would and going to book for next year... also.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

After reading the previous reviews, we were VERY concerned about already having reservations for this hotel. We expressed our concerns to the manager and he was very understanding and assurred us that it was run differently now, and was under new ownership. He explained all the renovations that they had done and were still doing as he took us to see a room before we paid in full.
The rooms were nice and clean, with new beds, new sheets, new doors, new windows, and new wallpaper. The furniture was clean and and in good condition. The microwave and refrigerator were the only things that were older, but they were still clean and usable. The bathroom was clean and had fresh clean towels and washcloths.
We liked what we saw and decided to stay. He was going to put us on the third floor, but had no problem when we requested to be on the second floor because we had children and a ton of luggage.
The maids brought us fresh towels, and cleaned the bathroom daily. We were there for a week, so at our request, they would change the sheets. Another nice thing was that they cleaned the comforters after every guest. Not all hotels do that!
We had a lovely stay and we're glad we chose the Knights Inn!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
bainbridge, pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

If I thought I could have found anywhere else to stay on short notice, since we decided on a whim to pack up and stay the night at ocean city for 1 night only I would have done so immediately after opening the door to the room. Tiles missing in bathroom, microwave was disgusting, bath mat was a piece of paper, other things broken missing like wallpaper, holes in walls, etc.
We were told this was due to end of season since we were there end of September, but this much horribleness does not happen in just a few months.
This is a run down piece of crap that will never again get any of my money. Next time if I can not find anywhere else I will just go home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

When I saw this room I thought I was thinking the health dept should shut this place down. It is a non refundable place. It was so nasty that I checked the bed for bed bugs. Also, the paneling was coming off the wall and the microwave looked like it has never been cleaned. The toilet took 15 mins to fill up before you could flush again. It was a shi*hole for sure..NOT WORTH 250.00 for a weekend!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Ocean City? Share your experiences!