“Budget Price - Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riviera Motel
You added Riviera Motel to your Saves list
2510 Baltimore Avenue, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #92 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Shelton, CT
“Budget Price - Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed over Labor day weekend, place was 100% full, lots of kids. Price avg $89/night + tax for standard 2-bed room is a bargain in O.C. It is a very old Motel, looks like it's not been updated since the 70's, but is kept relatively clean. Has free Wi-Fi. Rooms are spartan: with old, dark wall paneling like your Dad's basement, tiny 16" crt TV & remote, no mini-fridge or even a coffee maker. You can get those for a $20 upgrade to a mini-suite room. The smell of stale cigarette smoke permiated the walls in our room. With the wall unit air conditioner cranked up, made it slightly less noticeable, more bearable. Beds were fairly comfortable, firm, no sag or lumps, thin/flat pillows. Bathroom towels are cheap, thin, well-worn, a small bar of soap is provided, no shampoo. Good shower, plenty of hot water. The pool is nice, clean, with a shallow end and deep end. There's a breakfast place right across the street, a seafood buffet place next door. The mid-town location is great- 1 block from the beach and the northern end of O.C's famous 2.5 mi boardwalk. Good for biking, jogging, walking. I would recommend the Riviera for anyone on a small budget and willing to put up with an aged property. Suggest spending as much time outdoors and minimal time indoors as possible.

Room Tip: Photo's avail on the motel website. 3rd floor (top) is quietest.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mechanicsburg PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here with friends and had a great time. Our rooms were right next to each other. Granted, I've never stayed in OC MD at a 4 or 5 star place (unless it was an expensive privately owned condo), most are just mediocre establishments. That being said, the place was clean, service was friendly and room was adequate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

First and last time Me and my son will ever stay at the Riviera Motel, Ocean City. The rooms are not in the worst condition, all of the furniture is old, small beds, dirty chairs, brown panel on the walls. Bathroom was clean, but the toilet seat was years old and badly stained, carpet needs to be replaced, wall air conditioner that barely got cold, still using the old tv in the rooms for entertainment, no frig or microwave in room. The best of are trip has been the beach, boardwalk, the motel is a bad experience. I booked three nights and decided I wanted to leave after two, the motel would not refund me for the third night although the place is a dump and not comfortable. Riviera management got my money this time but will never get it it again. They offer a cheaper rate than most motels OC, but your not getting a deal if the room isn't comfortable. Take my advice pay 20 to 30 more and stay at a nicer motel. It may be a good idea to ask to see the room before making the reservation. DO NOT STAY AT THE RIVIERA MOTEL IN OCEAN CITY, MARYLAND. Gross!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was at first I ignored the bad reviews and aimed at the good ones. That was a horrible choice. I was very unsatisfied. Let's start with the room. Most of the drawers fell out when you pull them, the beds had alot of weird stains, and the bathroom had dirty black specks in it. The pool was okay, the first few days had a ton of leaves in the pool. The hallway was really dirty, the carpet was ripped and teared and had smelly stains everywhere. I was wondering why they didn't PUT any room pictures on the website. Obviously when you look at the outside, it seems amazing by the bright colors. Wrong again. The rooms we booked were all different. One with 3 beds, one with 2, one with a couch, one without one; even though we asked for the same rooms. The air conditioning was perfect for a hot day. Close to the beach, no crossing streets. Overall I was disappointed and wouldn't come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We have been going here for years as a family, this year was the worst!!! we are looking into other areas, people where hanging on the balconys all nite with music blasting and people partying till 3am, couldnt sleep and rooms were dirty!!! such a shame use to be a nice family motel,place is poorly manage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I wouldnt have a problem coming back to the Riviera if it wasnt for their rude staff. After coming home at night and realizing we didnt have a remote for the tv, we went to go ask for one. There was one guy at the desk and after asking for a remote i was told " you have a remote" I told him again we didnt have a remote in our room and he replied " you have a remote go find it." It was late at night and neither my friend or i were up for arguing so we left and went back to our room. During checkout time i didnt want to deal with another rude person so i let my friend check out for us. She walked back outside without our $100 deposit. The same man conveniently forgot to give her back the deposit. ( she never stood at a motel before and forgot all about the deposit we put down) Also, after inspecting the room during checkout he had the nerve to ask us where the remote control is! I left the motel disappointed that i ever paid money there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here for a week with a few friends. Not the classiest hotel, but it was a cool place to sleep. I will say the rooms are bigger than most hotels. We had an efficiency with 2 full beds and a pull-out couch. The air conditioner keeps the room cold. I wouldn't recommend it to families, but if you need a cold room to lie your head at night close to the beach, this is it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riviera Motel? Share your experiences!