“After AQll These Years” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Alexandria, Virginia
“After AQll These Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I never come to Ocean City, MD that I don't stay at the Sea Hawk Motel, our home away from home. Since 1987 we have made the trek over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to the eastern shore and sought a place we could relax, swim, play at the shore and beach and eat everything to our hearts content. For those lazy mornings we would lounge around and cook breakfast in the well equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator and all the amenities. What we really loved was the ability to put our very young daughter to bed and draw the pull to wall so that the television and light were away from her view so she could sleep. Linda and the rest of the staff will get you just about anything you need to make your stay pleasant. Just bring yourself, your flip flops and appetite and head to the Seahawk Motel for your stay in Ocean City, MD

Room Tip: We like to get rooms facing the west side so we can see the sunsets.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Plymouth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We just got back from our stay at the Sea Hawk. We stayed in an efficiency because of the bigger fridge. The room was very large and clean and the bed was comfortable. The boardwalk is far but we drove and found parking for $5 near the start of the boardwalk...so much better than that long, dreaded bus ride. The walk to the beach from the motel wasn't bad. The pool was a little small and only 5 foot deep in the deepest section but it was a nice pool. The motel is set up is strange. To get to our room we had to pass several "balconies" that weren't private and we had to keep moving the people's chairs to get by. I was really happy overall with the Sea Hawk; however, I probably wouldn't stay again because of the balcony. I loved having a private balcony but it wasn't very relaxing to sit on because it faces the pool and the Coastal Highway. I would rather have a private balcony with some sort of ocean view. But honestly, if you don't mind a balcony that has no privacy facing the noisy highway, the pool, and other balconies, stay at the Sea Hawk. The rates were extremely affordable and the people were nice. The showers did fluctuate from hot to cold and from a heavy flow to slow flow but they were bearable and had good water pressure for the most part. The air conditioner was a little noisy but bearable. The lights on the balcony at night were blue and the curtain did not completely block the lights out but it was bearable. It seemed to be very accommodating to families with two big beds and a pull out sofa bed, plus a divider between the beds and the sofa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Seahawk August 25-30. Found this place by reading tons of the reviews on trip advisor. Reviews were so right. Exceptionally clean motel. Saw no evidence of bed bugs. kitchenette was nice and had a huge fridge. Stove/oven nice. we baked lasagna one night. Convenient to everything (boardwalk is about 100 streets away, but you can take the bus and there is a stop directly in front of hotel). Staff is super nice. Pool area is nice, chairs take up much of the room around it, but we still enjoyed it. Parking lot in back is ideal, short walk to beach & we would just throw our chairs/toys etc in trunk before going back to our room after a day on the beach. We arrived early and they issued us our Parking pass, we used their changing room and headed to the beach. Dumsers is right across the street (great breakfast lunch and dinner and awesome ice cream) close to NorthSidePark park which is a great facility ocean city has. Within walking distance to restaurants pubs substations etc. we went to the crab bag and did ayce crabs...excellent. (Don't go to Higgins, the crab bag is worth the wait!!) The only complaint is the water temperature would go from hot hot to cold cold the entire time in the shower. We will definitely be returning to the seahawk next year. Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Seahawk Motel all week. It was our first time in OCMD. The first thing I did when I got there was go to my room and check the beds for bugs and the rest of the room for filth. A clean room was the most important thing to me. I stayed in a second floor effeciency. Kitchen had everything I needed to cook breakfast with except a spatula. Not a big deal. My only issue was the water temp in the shower. It was either HOT HOT or FREEZING cold during all of my showers. I only mention this incase children are involved. Be very careful, the water gets scolding hot out of nowhere! ! Other then that I absolutely will be returning to the Seahawk next year. Beach is very close..boardwalk is very far away..just a FYI

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here for four nights, August 12-16, myself and two daughters. Clean, comfortable beds, quiet (AC wall unit is loud and drowns out noises), small bathroom but space under sink to store toiletries, pool. Reasons we love this place (stayed here last year also): no streets to cross to get to the beach, restaurants within walking distance, grocery store two blocks away, Sunsations across the street. We enjoy the public park with walking trails, fishing piers, open spaces, beautiful sunsets, game fields (watched baseball and lacrosse games), tot lot, fitness center, public bathrooms and snack bars, etc. nearby. Ladies at the front desk are helpful and kind. For the price and clean accommodations we will be back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I came to town to visit family and made a last minute reservation at the Sea Hawk. Linda could not have been more helpful and kind. I rented a room on the 4th floor, they do not have a kitchenette . The room was updated, very clean and had a view of Coastal Hwy. The pool is nice and clean. The location is great for families. Grotto pizza,Dumpsers,McDonalds and Sunsations across the street. Bus stop on corner! We had a great time and will stay there again on my next trip back.

Stayed August 2013
Mason, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. My daughter's softball team stayed here last week and the service and attention we received was the BEST we've ever received. The hotel was impeccably clean. Our room was the perfect size and the location was super. It was so nice to be able to walk to restaurants and the beach. If we return to Ocean City, we will definitely stay at the Sea Hawk.

Room Tip: Their efficiency units are great...bigger than a regular hotel room and a full size fridge. Great f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!