“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I came to town to visit family and made a last minute reservation at the Sea Hawk. Linda could not have been more helpful and kind. I rented a room on the 4th floor, they do not have a kitchenette . The room was updated, very clean and had a view of Coastal Hwy. The pool is nice and clean. The location is great for families. Grotto pizza,Dumpsers,McDonalds and Sunsations across the street. Bus stop on corner! We had a great time and will stay there again on my next trip back.

Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mason, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. My daughter's softball team stayed here last week and the service and attention we received was the BEST we've ever received. The hotel was impeccably clean. Our room was the perfect size and the location was super. It was so nice to be able to walk to restaurants and the beach. If we return to Ocean City, we will definitely stay at the Sea Hawk.

Room Tip: Their efficiency units are great...bigger than a regular hotel room and a full size fridge. Great f...
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My biggest concern with a hotel is cleanliness and we have stayed in much higher priced hotels who can take a lesson from this one. The hotel is ocean side not ocean front. That means that you do not have to cross any major roads to get to it. There was 1 small hotel and I believe one condo building between us and the beach. To me this is perfect. I dont have to pay a fortune for a hotel and I can be at my room in 5 minutes if need be to get out of the sun. We were on the 3rd floor (there is an elevator but it could be a longer walk that the stairs depending on where you are). At first I thought the room we were getting was 2 separate rooms (it was a suite) but it was actually a large room with a divider wall that you can open or close. This actually worked out better for us because we could all be together and spread out when we wanted to but could also close the divider when needed. As someone else mentioned there is no vent in the bathroom but we had 4 people in the room and hot water was never a problem for showers. The pullout bed in the couch had one corner broken when we pulled it out the first night. It did not stop my son from sleeping on it and he said it was comfortable. A trip down to the office the next morning was all it took to get it fixed. They were very apologetic.and Did a temporary fix that day and then fixed it permanently the next. There is a pool that was very clean as well. IN walking distance is a grotto pizza, a sunsations, a dumsers dairy restaurant, and restaurants (even a McDonalds if need be). Is the place old? Yes it is. Is it far from the boardwalk? Yes. (we consider that a plus) but it was $172 per night for 4 people at peak season for the suite.. I consider that a deal (its $152 if you only have 2 people) and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This motel is one of the best deals in over-priced Ocean City. They keep it clean. Have a friendly staff ..... Mostly Linda at front desk.... She is very helpful.
We have been going to OC for over 25 years and now this is the best place for us .....enjoyed everything....the location..... The hospitality.... The cleanliness......
We will keep coming back.

Room Tip: Second floor is ideal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a two-family vacation and while my SIL had stayed here previously, this was my second trip to OC and last time we stayed down south (near the 20s).

This place is just what you want for a vacation--as long as you don't want all the distractions in the south end (boardwalk, inlet, noisy bars, etc). Numerous eating choices within walking distance, beach is a quick stroll out the back parking lot and shopping is just minutes away.

Property is clean and well-maintained. You can tell someone truly cares for their guests. Room had two queens and a pull out with a galley size range and full size fridge. Don't let the size of the range worry you, I did baked pasta for seven (two rooms) one night with minimal problems.

If you want to have a trip where you feel safe, feel like you are more than a number, and save a few dollars along the way--this is the place for you and your family. After all, how much time are you going to spend in a hotel/motel room when you are at the beach on vacation? MIght as well have comfortable beds at much less than the national chains.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to stay in North OC to be close to our friends. Well, I knew going in that there would be no sunrise view of the ocean or sunset view of the bay...but it didn't make the "highway" view any better. The orange splatter on the room divider was there when we arrived...and it was there when we left. (I suspect pizza sauce.) What was I thinking? The price was low-average. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013
Lanham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been staying here for the past 3 years when I visit OC. We came July 17th-19th for my son's birthday. Great stay, clean room. I now have my entire family come from Chicago and West Virginia come stay here for a week in August. This will be our second year having our family reunion in Sea Hawk Motel. This place is clean, cleaning staff are friendly and the front desk treat you like family. I recommend this place to anyone. The beach is close by and good restaurants. Never had any issues at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!