“9 years and going strong...” 5 of 5 stars

12410 Coastal Highway, 124th St Oceanside, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scotland, PA
“9 years and going strong...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

For the past nine years, a group of 15-20 of my closest friends have been staying at the Sea Hawk Motel. We absolutely adore the staff and the convenience of staying here. Being so close to the beach and having a private pool can't be beat! Thank you Linda and Pam (front desk)! We love you girls!

Room Tip: 4th floor motel rooms facing 124th street have adjoining balconies good for hanging out together!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a great experience staying here from check in to check out. The hotel was immaculate, the cleaning staff do a great job and are very nice. The pool and pool area was very clean and well maintained. Less than 5 minute walk to beach, plenty of good restaurants and shops nearby. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

From start to finish....what a lovely experience. The location is terrific...close to everything yet distant enough to see things other than the boardwalk...My husband and I came with my sister and two kids...the room was huge, clean and cool. It had a fridge,stove, microwave, etc...This hotel is a great find...when I first searched it on trip advisor among other hotels I was not sure how a motel could be #2 on trip advisor's list but took a chance as trip advisor has never let me down...low and behold I am thrilled...quality and quantity....two birds one stone!

As I drove the hotel strip I could see right away why the Sea Hawk was rated so high with Trip Advisor....

Okay time for the tips: Go to Higgins....great ALYCE crabs, shrimp and corn...I could only eat one plate...Go to the beach during the day...boardwalk at night...reminds me of a gremlins...comes alive after dark...but in a good way...go at 9...and is safe...pick up t-shirts...magnets etc from the boardwalk stores-very affordable.

We came from NYC so it was only a 4 hour drive...leave early if you are driving so you can take advantage of the mornings and nights in OC...it transforms as stated previously...we left nyc at 7am to arrive here by 11 am.

Last but not least...we.loved Ocean City...We loved the Sea Hawk

• Stayed July 2012
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife does not do motels. The only way I was able to convince her to give this a try was from the reviews on tripadvisor and the price. We arrived to the hotel, I mean motel and were in our rooms in minutes. We were traveling with my wife's cousin's family of six. With 2 double beds, a pull out bed, a kitchenette, and a fridge in each room, we were set for the weekend. The economy, rooms, I think they are called, a great for families or groups of friends who do not mind sharing a little personal space. There is a retractable partition that can be used to separate the sofa loundge room, from the 2 double beds. We were on the first floor, so our patio opened right into the parking lot which was convenient for loading up the car, but did not feel the most private. When we go to the beach we don't plan on spending too much time in the room, so we were not looking for the egyptian linen or plush beds, and we did not find such. Rooms had everything we needed including wifi, and offered a great price!

Room Tip: Great for families and friends who are fine staying together. First floor patios do open to the park...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This family-owned motel is a gem that people might overlook just driving past. From check-in to check-out, service was awesome. Our room and bathroom were super clean--everything smelled fresh. There were plenty of fresh towels and washcloths. It was nice to be able to go sit on the balcony in the morning with my coffee before starting the day! My kids enjoyed the pool. Right across the street from restaurants--you could walk if you wanted. There is a bus stop right across the street if you want to keep your car parked all week and use the bus to get to the boardwalk! The bus stop right near the front office will drop you off after a long day at the boardwalk/beach.

This motel surprised me honestly, in a great way. The reviews are correct! Luxury it isn't, but it was clean, comfortable, and quiet for our stay. Lots of families here and everyone we encountered was friendly. Being able to walk out of the back of the motel and walk across the street to the beach is perfect, especially with two kids. Also, the value is great if you compare pricing for he same kind of room for the area. We definitely will keep coming back here!

• Stayed July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our family stayed at the Sea Hawk again this year after being pleasantly surprised by this hotel last summer. If you scroll through all the reviews you’ll see mine where my chief complaint was a rather soft bed … otherwise it was perfect. Well, this year we had requested the same room as we had last year (111, in case you were wondering) because loved the location of it and also liked being on the first floor. With that being said, I want to admit that the bed was the same as last year and I slept like a baby!

This hotel really is an astounding value for what you get. Our room once again had a the mini-kitchen (and I use the term “mini” lightly – it is actually quite spacious) and I think this year our room had received a new AC unit. We were there in the middle of one of the season’s worst heatwaves and they were courteous enough to turn on the air conditioning in our room before we arrived! We brought our luggage into a freshly cooled room.

The housekeeping staff meets and goes beyond all expectations. I’ve stayed in quite a few hotels for work and I can truthfully say this is the cleanest property I’ve had the pleasure of staying at. The office workers have been a pleasure to speak with both when making reservations and also checking in/out.

There is plenty of well-lit parking with the spaces being very accommodating to bigger vehicles. That’s not something you can say about other hotels/condos in the area. Additionally there is a new Grotto Pizza across the street complete with mini golf. It is nice to see that building back to life.

Some folks have complained that ice is $1.50 a bag and that they do not supply complementary shampoo and other basic toiletries. Really? Is that really a deal breaker for you? First off, the ice is probably not complementary due to the motel’s location – people walking to and from the beach would probably just take the ice as they wish. And I always take my own toiletries wherever I go. I prefer to use my own, thank you very much. They do supply hand/facial soap along with dish soap for the kitchen. If you can’t stand forking over a measly buck fifty for a bag of ice that you can keep in your room’s freezer or are very upset that you need to bring your own Prell then I guess you just can’t be satisfied.

We consider this place our home-away-from-home. You will, too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arbutus, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I always check tripadvisor before going anywhere. After reading all the reviews about The Sea Hawk I thought we would give it a try. It rated #2 and I can see why. Upon arrival we were happily greeted. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. Their housekeeping does an amazing job keeping everything nice and clean. There is nothing negative to say. It is truly a delightful place to stay. You can tell they take great pride in their motel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. Motel room only. It was very quiet. If you have a family with small chil...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Hawk Motel? Share your experiences!