“I would not stay here again- Go Somewhere Else” 1 of 5 stars

You added Seabonay Motel to your Saves list
Seabonay Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2711 Atlantic Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #74 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
“I would not stay here again- Go Somewhere Else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

This hotel is located next to the dunes motel on the beach at the end of boardwalk. when I stayed at this hotel i can say is check in was easy, but my room was a little disgusting, the bathroom ceiling tiles were missing- at least half of the 2 tiles were missing and above the shower head in the ceiling there were holes. the bathroom was not very cleaned and shower looked really disgusting i had to bare and grine my teeth to just take a shower- i rather take bath in the pool. the beds were ok- the room nothing special at all just the bathroom disgusted me out

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
grenfield,ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

The Seabony has a great location right on the beach and about 20 steps from the boardwalk. We arrived about 2 hours early. Room not ready yet despite plenty of vacancies. When I asked at check out why we werent offered a different room since there where plenty of vacancies, I was told they only have 2 non smoking rooms per floor. We tooka quick peek before bringing up the luggage. No bed bugs or roaches. Dragged the luggage up 2 flights to the 3rd floor. Upon getting settled we turned to close the door to find the door doesnt actually close all the way.hence the 2 security chains. it also looked like it was jimmied oped before. the panel under the window lookes like it may have been kicked in one time . The wall and ceiling above the A/C was dusty and in need of cl;eaning. The bathroom ceiling was caving in and the tub and tub walls needed a good cleaning or scrubbing. I dont think they had ever seen a scouring pad. The bathroom floor was disgusting and the towels hurt. When checking for items we may have left I checked under the bed, apparantly they never had found cany wrappers there. we thought we heard something crawling in the ceiling the 2nd night. I stay at beach hotels quite a bit and an old motel does not have to be dirty. Routine maintenence might help. its a shame because it is a great location. Why did we stay? Good question. When you only have 2 days you hate to move everything and start looking again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Our Ocean front balcony was the common about to fall down wooden walkway. One can hear every single foot step another takes...sounded like the place was falling down. Folks from the street and other places often took over the balcony including the two chairs provided for our room. No consistency with the hot water, no elevator only steep about to fall down wooden steps to the third floor, bathroom was old, musty smelling and had mold. The stopper for the bathroom sink was rusted and did not work. Shower water pressure was none. And the lights never ever go out at night and the curtains do not block out the crime-like lighting for the common walkway. The light attracted every nearby bug in Maryland it seemed, and they fly into your room when the door is open. Your automobile is definitely not safe in the parking lot which is a lonnnng way from the hotel. The swimming pool looked like a dirty ghetto bird bath. In the "Tell other travelers more about this hotel" section below the only adjectives that best fits is no frills...I hated it and will never slum like this again and I will never expose my family to a place like this ever again! This is the place that gives all motels a bad name. We even saw Norman Bates type character that worked there checking us out on several occaions. Just don't do it for your family's sake!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

i enjoyed my stay,great location,all the shops in walking distance.staff was very friendly,housekeeping clean the room daily and let us know if we needed anything just asked.front desk manager was friendly and helpful,where to get a good meal,thank you connie.mr.james f. gunsenhouser i'm from baltimore maryland.if you like more info,you can email me at guns.seals@verizon.net

• Liked — great view of the beach and boardwalk,shops
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2008

I read alot of reviews about this motel before our trip....more bad then good, so I was a little worried about what to expect. Lets just say that I was very happy when we got there. The location is perfect, you couldnt ask for better...it was right at the end of the boardwalk so you have your peace and quiet, yet the boardwalk was right at your fingertips....staff was more then pleasant.....maid service was prompt and tidy....it was cleaner then stated in reviews I read (its an older motel so your going to have chipped paint and little imperfections, what do you expect!) But I would stay there again in a heartbeat!!! A home away from home! The ONLY thing I would change about the motel is the pool closed way too early at 8pm. Other then that, it was wonderful :)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The Pool Closed Way Too Early
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

We have been going to the Seabonay for several years now. We go for the location. This year was the last draw! I called when we got the brouchure and they said they have been doing renovations since the fall, so we decided to try it again. Oh my goodness!!! This place is still a dump. The pool was broken and we had to travel to another hotel to use their pool.

When several guests and I complained they said it would be fixed in a couple of days. They did fix the pool, but the rest of the place was still the same.

The only renovations we saw was a new TV, VCR and a new AC, the rest, well I just can't discribe it. Though they kept the mold and the screw that was still sticking out from the wall and I almost ripped by pants on it.

When we confronted the management they didn't care. Finally they offered us 10% off of next year. Helloooo, I don't think so. I went there for the last time.

You can do better. There are plenty of other places to stay. Maybe you will pay a little more, but it will be clean.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the managments attitude, rundown and cleaniness of the rooms. unuseable pool umbellas the flew away and not replaced
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

After reading some bad reviews I was expecting the worst...but the motel was nice, clean, and the maids replaced the towels, garbage bags, and sheets everyday. Excellent location..right on the beach and steps away from the boardwalk...splash mountain waterpark and speedworld right across the street. It's an older motel and we pretty much just used it for sleeping because we were out all day. For those people who wrote the bad reviews..what were you expecting for the price...the Ritz?? With the money my fiance and I saved from not booking an expensive hotel, we got to do so much and had an amazing vacation!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Seabonay Motel? Share your experiences!