“Old Building and it Shows” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10002 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #44 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
CT
“Old Building and it Shows”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

As so many negative comments about Marigot Beach Condos state, these units need a lot of work. The building is located just steps from the sand but it is 25 years old and looks it. Thank God we didn't pay the high prices listed on their website. Otherwise I would have felt even worse about the $$ spent here.

We booked through cbvacations.com (Coldwell Banker), thanks to a mention I saw on tripadvisor.com. (You pick up the keys at the Coldwell office) Then try to find the correct parking space; they are not in numerical order. As mentioned in other postings, the inept use of bromine chemicals and limited hours in the indoor pool/hotub area virtually mean you don’t get to use what you paid for. After complaining to management, we were allowed to go to the Clarion Fontainebleau Hotel next door to use their spa without the paying the extra charge. But who wants to do that more than once during your stay?

As everyone on tripadvisor says, depending on the unit, the carpeting maybe stained, the sliding door to balcony will be off-kilter, there is no shower in the tiny master bath, the AC unit in the closet is loud, the balcony outdoor furniture is minimal and you will spend a lot of time waiting for the elevators.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Marigot Beach. The Clarion Hotel does own units at Marigot Beach, which we rent out through our reservations department and we do take care of some maintenance issues.
But, as you stated, you rented your unit through Coldwell Banker Realty. We have no control over that unit, as it is privately owned.

All things considered, I think it was very neighborly for the Clarion Hotel Management to allow you to use their facilities.

As for your other issues, parking lot, Pool hours, etc. That is up to the Marigot Beach Condo Association as they make and control the rules and regulations for the building.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
nepa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

We went to the Marigot thinking it would be really nice. We have a 6 month old son and he loves to swim so we were excited they had an inside pool in the condominium side. We get there and it is closed all week and only open on Friday and Saturday?!? The least thing they couldv'e done was told us our pool is closed all week. I called an complained and they said you could use the Clarion pool... with a 6 month old walking over there- not fun. Then the walls in the room was FRP board. FRP board is used in the restaurant business so that it is an easy way to clean the walls. Horrible. Never again will we stay there. Dirty also

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, October 20, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Marigot Beach. Please let me explain why it was the way it was...... First we have to abide by the Condo Association rules and they choose to only operate their pool on weekends during the off season. We did not think this would be a problem as all condo guest are free to use the Clarion's pool. And they have commented, they perfer the Clarion pool over Marigot Beaches pool.

Now, as for the walls in the condos..... we have installed FRP board in the entry halls, only. We found this the best way to solve a huge problem. We were constantly repairing and even replacing these walls as guest would scrape, gouge and even poke holes in them upon arrival and departure with their luggage, beach equipment, etc. All other walls in the condos are dry wall, except for a couple units where we have replace the smallest wall in the dinning room as they were being gouged and scrapped by the dinning room table and chairs. It's "not fun" continuously repairing these walls.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope your next visit to Ocean City meets all your expectations.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed in a three bedroom condo-steps from the beach. Plenty of room. Full kitchen. Pool hours were limited-off-season.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
Thank you for your business, and thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please come see us again when you plan your next trip to Ocean City.
Ocean City MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The view is amazing. The room though was not as clean as it should be. We found a needle in the medicine cabinet. The remote in mbr did not work. The windows were dirty. A lot of cash for this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry you found issues with your condo and I apologize.
I have forwarded your comments to all department heads and they brought up for discussion at our next meeting.
Thank you again for your comments and I hope your next choice for accommodations in Ocean City will meet your expectations.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

This was our 3rd stay at Marigot and it will not be our last. The 2 bedroom condo met all of our expectations. We love having the hotel Clarion's amenities available to us while being able to have a place with an ocean facing balcony, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, washer/dryer, tv's in all rooms and CLEAN! Our ratings of Cleanliness and Service would move to Excellent if both properties improved their pools' clarity and cleanliness. We hope to have our extended family start vacationing with us since Ocean City MD and Marigot is now our yannual trip to the beach.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. And thank you for your kind comments.
Regarding our pools, we did just change from "bromine" to "clorine" for sanatizing. I don't know if this was the issue. In any case I did review your concerns with the appropreiate staff to have it checked out and corrected.
Thanks again and we hope to see you next year.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

These condos must be hit or miss, but I definitely had a hit. If you are looking for comfort, privacy and value in OC, I would take a hard look at the Marigot. I booked in Jan. There were 2 couples. Split down the middle that's about 360 or so apiece. We stayed 8/16-19 in a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. The appliances were nice, washer and dryer nice, had all the cooking utensils I needed. Even the bed was comfortable. The only bad part was that the bedrooms tended to stay warm though the unit was cool. For entertainment it was a great spot.. The beach steps away, Lenny's featured the outside band, On the Edge that week and they were awesome, The group Arizona had the club inside in the evenings. We did not have far to go for a great time. I rely a lot on research and the reviews before I book.. In this case, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, it seemed to be 50/50. However, I lucked out and we had a condo o the 11th floor. The view was spectacular. They even managed to bring us up 2 more chairs, so we could all sit on the balcony. The furnishings were older, but, decent, my unit was clean, If unsure, I always carry my handy disinfectant. We were not ready to leave when our time was up. I did hear some complaints, while there. If the Clarion looks into those complaints and continues to update and repair the units when brought to their attention, they will be a sure winner. We had everthing we needed..room, privacy, great view, entertainment, convenient to grocery stores, etc. We were quite happy in the condo.. Would I try my luck again?, most definitely. For us, the value, location and price was a great. So, Clarion, keep moving forward, do what needs to be done, so every unit will be a hit. I know my unit was okay with me!, I can't wait to return someday.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments. I will also share your comments with our entire staff. I loved your little pep-talk at the end.
Thanks again. See your next year.
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

We had a great time. The condos were a terrific value for what was included and we are planning to return next year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
We thank you for taking the time to post your review and also your positive comments. We hope to see you next year.

Been to Marigot Beach Suites? Share your experiences!