“It's a fixer upper with a great view” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10002 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #44 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Ocean City MD
“It's a fixer upper with a great view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The view is amazing. The room though was not as clean as it should be. We found a needle in the medicine cabinet. The remote in mbr did not work. The windows were dirty. A lot of cash for this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sorry you found issues with your condo and I apologize.
I have forwarded your comments to all department heads and they brought up for discussion at our next meeting.
Thank you again for your comments and I hope your next choice for accommodations in Ocean City will meet your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

This was our 3rd stay at Marigot and it will not be our last. The 2 bedroom condo met all of our expectations. We love having the hotel Clarion's amenities available to us while being able to have a place with an ocean facing balcony, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, washer/dryer, tv's in all rooms and CLEAN! Our ratings of Cleanliness and Service would move to Excellent if both properties improved their pools' clarity and cleanliness. We hope to have our extended family start vacationing with us since Ocean City MD and Marigot is now our yannual trip to the beach.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. And thank you for your kind comments.
Regarding our pools, we did just change from "bromine" to "clorine" for sanatizing. I don't know if this was the issue. In any case I did review your concerns with the appropreiate staff to have it checked out and corrected.
Thanks again and we hope to see you next year.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

These condos must be hit or miss, but I definitely had a hit. If you are looking for comfort, privacy and value in OC, I would take a hard look at the Marigot. I booked in Jan. There were 2 couples. Split down the middle that's about 360 or so apiece. We stayed 8/16-19 in a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit. The appliances were nice, washer and dryer nice, had all the cooking utensils I needed. Even the bed was comfortable. The only bad part was that the bedrooms tended to stay warm though the unit was cool. For entertainment it was a great spot.. The beach steps away, Lenny's featured the outside band, On the Edge that week and they were awesome, The group Arizona had the club inside in the evenings. We did not have far to go for a great time. I rely a lot on research and the reviews before I book.. In this case, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, it seemed to be 50/50. However, I lucked out and we had a condo o the 11th floor. The view was spectacular. They even managed to bring us up 2 more chairs, so we could all sit on the balcony. The furnishings were older, but, decent, my unit was clean, If unsure, I always carry my handy disinfectant. We were not ready to leave when our time was up. I did hear some complaints, while there. If the Clarion looks into those complaints and continues to update and repair the units when brought to their attention, they will be a sure winner. We had everthing we needed..room, privacy, great view, entertainment, convenient to grocery stores, etc. We were quite happy in the condo.. Would I try my luck again?, most definitely. For us, the value, location and price was a great. So, Clarion, keep moving forward, do what needs to be done, so every unit will be a hit. I know my unit was okay with me!, I can't wait to return someday.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2009
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments. I will also share your comments with our entire staff. I loved your little pep-talk at the end.
Thanks again. See your next year.
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

We had a great time. The condos were a terrific value for what was included and we are planning to return next year.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
We thank you for taking the time to post your review and also your positive comments. We hope to see you next year.
Conneticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I have had success with the hotels/condos etc. that I have chosen with the help of Trip Advisor. I try to make sure that at least half of the reviews are decent but I do read the negative ones too. In the case of Marigot which my family and I just loved (we had a very large 3 bedroom with a magnificent ocean view and a nice deck,my husband had concerns with some of the negative comments and I was in touch with the wonderful, manager, Mark. In any case, we were extremely happy with the Marigot . If you go to their website you can take a virtual tour of the condos and they really do look like what is shown. The entire staff at the Marigot and the adjacent Clarion Hotel where you are entitled to their wonderful amenities all are very hard workers and very pleasant. I bring this up because I feel that some of the problems people encounter could easily be solved if they just ask for help. Last Sunday I asked one of the nice gentleman who cleans the rooms for something which he brought to me later that day and he was so apologetic for taking so long...but their staff had to get over 40 condos cleaned within a five hour period when new groups of people would check in. We all know we want to check in at the designated time and not a minute later. If you get to your condo and something is not as clean as you would like it (ours was) or if you do not have enough coffee cups etc. call guest services and I am sure they will be happy to help you. If you decide to reserve a condo here and I hope you will be as happy as we were. Enjoy!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ChrissA1, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2009
Wow! Would you like a job in Sales & Marketing. Thank you for your business and taking the time to post your wonderful review of our property. Please come back soon.
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We booked this condo based on the idea of a kitchen and a separate bedroom. Upon arrival, the condo was dirty. They bathtub, floors and counters all had hair and sand on them. After sweeping out the condo, we began to realize that everything was run down and needed maintenance. The screen door to the patio was broken, allowing many flies into the condo.

The amenities and clenliness of the Clarion hotel next door were much better and we would stay there upon return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
I thank you for your business and appreciate you taking the time to give us important feed back. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff and will be used to help us improve our guest service
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

This 1 room condo needs remodeling and sound-proofing! The unit is LOUD from the back to the front between the old air conditioning unit, the pipes in the walls, being right on top of the outside showers and deck, etc. we never got a good night's sleep. There was a disgusting little table on the deck, no coffee maker, and when one was brought it was dirty and broken - no one did anything until I insisted on speaking to a manager and he (Mark) took care of it swiftly.
I don't know who up-keeps the kitchen but some more tableware and updates would be helpful - a serving tray perhaps? Some serving bowls? As owners of a vacation ski condo and Miami Beach condo we were surprised at the low quality and quantity provided.
Also, if this is a Clarion resort why is one not awarded Choice Priv. points? This makes no sense what-so-ever.
In summary - it's an old building and it shows. We would definitely stay somewhere else if
we returned to OC.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and taking the time to post you your review. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff and will be used to help us improve our guest service.

Been to Marigot Beach Suites? Share your experiences!