“Great place for a family vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Hot Deal
Ranked #55 of 106 hotels in Ocean City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great place for a family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our stay at the Marigot Beach Condos was perfect. The room was very clean and for a family of four, the 2 bedroom suite was great. There was a flat screen tv in the living room, one in the main bedroom and one in the second bedroom. My kids were spoiled with a tv in their room, and they didn't want to leave! The kitchen was well equipped and I was very happy will a full stove w/oven and full refrigerator. The price was very affordable for what we got, and the oceanview was spectacular! We definitely will be coming back next year!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thanks for letting other travelers know that you had a great vacation, and enjoyed staying in our condo. We certainly hope you plan on returning soon; we're looking forward to welcoming you back.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Asside from the location and view from the 11th floor, this hotel is average and lackluster in bad need of updates to appliances, bathrooms and service policies. Our stay was extremely enjoyable as we were with family, but the fun was interrupted several times -twice when the dishwasher backed up and flooded and repairman had to be called in. Issue is still not fixed and floor was slippery and wet our entire stay making slip and falls a serious concern. During day one the tub would not drain an again service repair had to be called to "jimmy rig" this fix as well. Tub was discolored on bottom and paint / decore was badly out of style. The same day we had to call maintenance again to replace a light bulb in dining room. Service man stood on the chair with his dirty shoes and now the chair is rickety and warped as well. We journeyed out to the boardwalk (about 5 miles from here) and when I returned someone was in my parking space. I informed the front desk. At first I was told someone was handling, then after 20 minutes was told to park in staff parking (really far away). Why have assigned spaces if they are not inforced? There were good notes... The location was right on the beach and view was SPECTACULAR. Very reasonable distances to major attractions and suites were comfortable at least I took points off for cleanliness as carpets were quite filthy and curtains stained. I made my kids stay in socks away from curtains and bed spreads the entire time YUCK! Appliances were okay. There should have been a broom and a bakeware set. Lots of work to stay here and keep the room running well. I just wanted to be on vacation not concentrate on appliance repair (especially daily).

• Stayed September 2012
It's disappointing to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. I'm curious as to whether this was a unit owned by us (Clarion Resort) or a privately owned unit rented through a real estate office. Perhaps you wouldn't mind messaging me to give me the unit number? It would be especially appreciated. One way or the other, I do apologize for your inconveniences, and hope that you will give us another chance when you vacation.
Hackensack, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place offered us exactly what we needed without any frills. A good ocean view and basic amenities in the condo. We had a 2 BR on the 4th floor. The MBR had a great ocean view. The second bedroom overlooked Coastal Highway. Our refrigerator was missing all its racks but a quick call to Clarion was all that we had to do to get that resolved. We found that if we called Clarion to resolve any issue, they were quick to respond. My one complaint is that the balcony does not have a screen door. Due to this, you cannot enjoy the sounds of the ocean while avoiding bugs.
We did not opt for the $30/day linen service but we had ample towels to last us during the stay. We had one minor inconvenience - there was a leak from one of our bathrooms to the bathroom on the 3rd floor. Clarion had to fix this on the 4th floor and we could not use our bathroom for about 2 hours.
All in all - a no expectations place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, as we are always open to being notified of areas where we may need improvement. It sounds like you had a good time despite these minor inconveniences. We hope to be able to welcome you back every year.
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a two for one hotel. You have the privacy of a condo but get to use the amenites at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel right next door. The staff was extremely nice and helpful when we checked in which was two hours prior to check in time. We rented two 2 bedroom units for the eight of us. Three adults and 5 of our kids (15-21 years old). The units were extremely clean and very spacious. NO BED BUGS! I do not understand why people are complaining about the cooking items in the kitchen. We had everything we needed. If you didn't have enough of something all you had to do was call and ask for them. Of course the items are not William-Sonoma pots and pans but what do you expect. It is a rental unit and often items are taken by guest so it would be ridiculous to expect high end cooking items. I knew I was going to be making pancakes so I brought my favorite skillet with me. I really could have left it home.
It was great having the washer and dryer in the unit. Bring your own detergent. Our laundry room had a broom but the other did not. No big deal. I really didn't expect one to be there. The tv in the main room was new. We brought dvds with us and watched them.
There was dishwasher detergent for the dishwasher. Bring your own dish washing liquid because that is not supplied. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner because there is only a hotel size of it there which is more than I expected. This is a condo unit and not a hotel unit without maids daily. You have to treat it as a vacation rental. There are two parking spots alloted to each unit. Upon check in go to the Clarion not the Marigot. You really do get the best of both worlds. Privacy of your own condo but service from the Clarion if you want it. Our rooms were 804 and 811. 804 was directly opposite of the elevator and I have no complaints there. We did not hear a thing. You do not hear slamming doors all day and night as you would in a hotel. I would recommend that you book directly through the Marigot and not a privately owned unit. I only have good things to say about staying there. I booked a great deal directly through an internet special on their website months prior to staying. We are from Long Island and it was a great trip. I packed a bunch of food items with us expecting everything to be over priced at the local grocery store. There is one across the street that is very reasonable and easy to walk to. Bring your own cereal. Way to expensive there! Roses is also across the street and is a very good place to buy beach toys and inexpensive beach gear and postcards.
I am very happy to give this review and believe me.....we are picky! Thank you to the great staff at Marigot/Clarion Resorts for a great stay!

Room Tip: I really liked being on the higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
StephanieHReed, Manager at Marigot Beach Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much for posting your review and photos! We're glad you had such a good time and hope you make this a regular spot for your vacations! Thanks again, and see you next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I love the fact that the hotel has a spa, but I found the hottub area in the spa area to be very dirty. It was covered in mold. It very much needed to be cleaned. The rest of the amenties are very nice. The music is great to listen to at night and I like that there are 2 indoor pools and 1 outside pool.

• Stayed August 2012
I apologize for the condition of the spa area. We had equipment problems that caused the problem, which has since been fixed. The tiles and area around the hot tub have been cleaned and it is back up to our high standard. We're glad you otherwise enjoyed your visit with us and hope to welcome you back soon.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We've stayed at a number of east coast beaches and we were leery about staying in the usually overcrowded OC. We usually rent a house but since this was last minute, we decided to go with a condo instead for our family of 8 (ages 17-81). We were in a 2 bedroom condo (not privately owned) and the Clarion Staff was wonderful. We went out for a few dinners but definitely made use of the kitchen. Whatever extras we needed, the Clarion staff provided immediately (larger pots and pans, dishes, glasses, silverware, etc). The rooms were large enough for us to all sleep comfortably. The beach was a few steps from the building, private, life-guard staffed, and not too crowded. A definite possibility for next summer!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We're very glad you gave us a try, and hope to welcome the whole family back again next year!
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Marigot Beach is the sister building to the Clarion that offers two and three bedroom condos when families need to spread out on vacation but would like to enjoy the amenities of a hotel as well. I have stayed in the northern OC condos for 25+ years and though I was aware of the building, the nondescript nature of the outside had not motivated me to explore it further. What a gem I was missing out on!

I had the opportunity to tour this building with Sales and Marketing Director, Renee Seiden and immediately I was struck by how clean and updated the condos were on the inside. The décor reminded me very much of being at the Marriott…simple and classy. The condos come complete with a full kitchen, a washer and dryer separate from the rest of the living areas, two full bathrooms, and the best of all… linens come at no additional charge. Unlike many other condos in OC, each unit gets two parking spaces whereas other buildings will charge you upwards of $50 for an additional space. Waking up to gorgeous direct ocean views is another factor that separates this from other buildings...every unit boasts an oceanfront balcony facing the ocean directly, not a side view or a partial view. The final perk of staying here…you get to take advantage of all the amenities of the Clarion during your stay. After seeing all of this, I knew this would be the place we would stay in August.

Upon exploring the www.marigotbeachcondos.com site, I discovered another well kept Clarion secret…their family fling package. For just under $1400 my family was able to secure a two bedroom oceanfront condo, four passes to Splash Mountain, four passes for putt putt and a $150 food credit to be used at the Clarion restaurants. Comparatively speaking, you can pay this much and more for just the lodging in places that are not as well maintained as this building...this package gave us our entire vacation for one low price!

Many terrific memories were made here …from my two year old independently swimming in the shallow area of the pool, playing cards with my six year old over smoothies and mozzarella sticks on the Clarion’s deck , to dancing with both kids on our private oceanfront balcony to the tunes of the bands next door; the Clarion does the great job of setting the stage for a perfect vacation and I can’t wait to stay here again next summer!

Room Tip: Be sure to book early for the best rates!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the delightful review! We look forward to welcoming you back in all the summers to come!

Been to Marigot Beach Suites? Share your experiences!