“had a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Richmond, Virginia
“had a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just spent one night but everyone treated me like a king. Staff was great, ate at the route 50 dinner food was the best. I’m planning on coming back when I can stay longer. Over all had a great stay, great web site and very easy to use.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for spending your short Ocean City stay with us. Even though it was a short stay we are pleased it was a pleasant one!>

We will see you soon..hopefully for longer!

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Forest City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

we had a great time from the moment we checked in. it smelled nice was clean and everyone was smiling.as our time went on we found more and more to do on the resort property. nothing interfered with our beach time or other functions we were there for.

Room Tip: go to the florida indoor pool early on. beds were very comfy
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. I do believe we have something for everyone here at the FSK. The beach is just a shuttle away and with our pools and splashground some guests never leave. We know you have lots of choices when coming to Ocean City...thank you for choosing us!

NE Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were in town for the Sand Duels Soccer tournament and this was not only our first stay at this resort, but our first time in Ocean City. We couldn't have been more pleased with this resort...exceptionally clean rooms, grounds, pool area and laundry facilities. And, the staff was fantastic - attentive and very friendly. One of the best amenities was the beach shuttle bus that drops off right on Somerset. The drivers were extremely friendly and helpful, especially with all that beach gear! They run continuously form 9 a.m. -10 p.m. and only once did we have to wait and then it was only for about 5 minutes. Great place for families with lots of activities, near enough to thoroughly enjoy the beach and boardwalk, but nice to escape all the senior week frivolity too! We're already looking forward to returning here again next year...or maybe even sooner!

Room Tip: We stayed in Carolina which was across from the indoor pool area (located in the Florida building...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much! Our shuttles bus are one of our guests favorite amenities and we do have very friendly drivers...if I say so myself! We were blessed with a beautiful weekend for our lacrosse and soccer families and it was awesome seeing so many happy faces on property.

See you next year or hopefully sooner!

Lanham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I absolutely love this place. This is the second time we have stayed here. We enjoyed ourselves so much last time we were here, this was the first place I wanted to stay at when I found out in early April that my son was playing in the Sand Duels tournament. Originally looking online there was no availability on these dates and was told the same thing on the phone when I called back in April. I decided to wait a few days in hopes of something opening up. After a few days, a room opened up online and I was able to make a reservation. We stayed in the main lodge this time. The only issue we had was that the bathroom door would not stay closed when we tried to shut it. I did inform the front desk at check out so hopefully the problem was fixed before the next guest checked in. Otherwise the room was perfect. My daughter loved the indoor pool and cried when it was time to get out of the pool. The indoor pool wasn't too crowded. We weren't able to get to the outdoor pool or the spray ground this time but we loved it the last time we were there. We utilized the shuttle service for the first time over the weekend and it was awesome. Every staff member I encountered was extremely friendly. We even got a phone call from the front desk to inform us that the trunk to the car was open (my toddler hit the button on the keys). I have stayed several times oceanfront for over $300 a night and it doesn't even compare to how awesome it is at Francis Scott Key. I am going to look into seeing if we can come back later on this summer. I highly recommend this place for families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I am glad you waited and were able to stay with us! We loved having all the families here for both the soccer and lacrosse events. It is such a fun weekend. I hope you get back to see us soon! I hope your event comes back next summer!

P.S. I was the one who called about the trunk.

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was really torn between a 3 and 4 rating. Check-in was friendly and efficient, which was nice since traffic coming off the Bay Bridge was a nightmare. I was a little disappointed when I got to the room though - it was dated and a little worn. But I was immediately impressed with the lovely balcony. Then I was a little disappointed to see that though there is a refrigerator, there is no microwave. The next morning, I was awaken quite early by kids playing basketball. The basketball bouncing was almost non-stop from about 7am until about 10pm. After awhile, that can begin to drive you nuts! The first morning there, as we were leaving, we were greeted by the cleaning ladies. They were SO VERY NICE! Just friendly, friendly ladies. After a quick bite of breakfast, we took the free shuttle that seems to run continuously to the beach. The shuttle is almost always waiting for you and drops you just steps from the sand! That was a GREAT amenity! The drivers were all super friendly about all the beach gear too. The spray park was fantastic. Loved the concept of the indoor pool play area. However, it was wall-to-wall people.

Ultimately, I gave this place 4 stars because you just can't beat all the extras that will be very kid-pleasing here. I think I would say the amenities are 4 stars, the room is 3 stars.

Room Tip: You DO NOT want a room on the 1st floor behind the spray park - your porch is ON the spray park! The...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest comments. I believe this family stayed during our Beach Lacrosse / Beach Soccer tournament weekend. It is actually one of my favorite weekends as all 232 are families here for awesome events. Kids are everywhere and its generally a great atmosphere. We did have larger numbers of kids around our amenities when they were not playing their sporting event. The Splashground first floor rooms are generally our most requested and the splashground hours are from 10am to 6pm so our families are not disturbed but I can see how some families would prefer a different location. We have spent the last 10 years investing in our amenities as we believe that a clean and nice guest room is very important (which is why we went with the Temporpedic Mattress) the amenties are where our guests spend the majority of their memory making time. That being said we have a three year plan beginning next winter to address the interior and exterior of our rooms. We have one major new outdoor attraction for 2015 which are very excited about. I wish we could do everything at once but I hope you all stick around for all the changes coming....

Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was our first time staying in Ocean City and we can't wait to go back! This resort is nice and conveniently located. I just wish the city would put a stop sign or light from the entrance to the mall across the street, instead of making folks walk to the corner. The staff was friendly and they responded quickly. For example, we visited the picnic area and there was duck poop all around. We notified the front desk and within a few minutes a cleaning person came and cleaned it up. The only issue I had was with the hot water running out really quickly.

On our third day my husband and I took our toddler to the beach. The free shuttle ride from the resort was comfortable and the drivers were also very friendly. We had a blast even with the cool weather.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We love that you had a nice stay with us... Our staff in my opinion is pretty awesome ! We hope that you can visit with us again soon!

Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My 2 daughters, their sons and myself stayed at your resort for the Memorial Day Weekend! We had a wonderful time, especially my grandsons! The rooms were very nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff were exceptional, nice and there was an extremely nice Security Guard who introduced himself to me and he walks the grounds at night. That made us feel very safe. There were plenty of things to do, especially the indoor and outdoor pools, golf, volleyball and just walking the grounds in general. There were geese with their babies and they were adorable. When I wrote my original review, I actually received a very nice e-mail from the owner, which was a surprise. You don't find that very often. We will definitely be staying here again this summer! Thank you for a wonderful weekend!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor without a refrigerator. I think next time we will choose one of the cott...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the awesome review. We do read and take note of our guests comments. We may not always be perfect or even a perfect fit for everyone but constructive information makes us better and lets be honest wonderful comments are nice to hear. We are so pleased that we could be a part of starting your families summer off on the right foot!

Owner

Been to Francis Scott Key Family Resort? Share your experiences!