“We had so much fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Green Brook, New Jersey
“We had so much fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our 5 year old son, and we had a great time! We had to play mini golf at least once, sometimes more, every day. He loved the indoor pool and the spray ground, we loved that we could just spend some time relaxing around the motel and have things to do if we wanted to. It was nice to have the BBQ/picnic area and a grocery store nearby. Outlet shopping and free shuttle was a plus as well. Staff was very friendly, the people staying at the motel were also friendly. The rooms were a good size and clean. Wifi connection could be improved, I was able to send and receive emails but not consistently, and I was unable to share photos. Otherwise, this is a great place for families!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks for your comments. The WIFI has been our biggest challenge of the last several years. Though we have made upgrades each year the demand continues to grow in overwhelming percentages. We are doing an upgrade in October that we are told will handle our current and forecasted needs for the next season.

We love that you has so much fun!

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our accommodation for two nights, and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Free WiFi (even though it wasn't fantastic), a free shuttle to the Boardwalk and free access to the swimming pools were a nice bonus for a decently valued holiday. The resort has a lovely on-site diner, and all of the staff were welcoming, dedicated and helpful. We fit six of us into one room which I am sure many hotels would try to avoid, but the pricing of our stay therefore went down which was fantastic.

I have not tried any other resorts or hotels around Ocean City, but I would definitely recommend this one nonetheless. For the value, the comfortable stay and the amount of activities to entertain us all it was an excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments! I agree we are a value family resort. We are dedicated to our families to continue to provide and improve our property while keeping the family budget in mind!

See you soon
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family of three adults and two toddlers stayed in a ranch room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable. Wifi was slow at times, but it is free. My toddlers really enjoyed the indoor pool (1/2' to 4 ' deep) and the sprayground. Actually, they could have stayed all day in the sprayground.

The shuttle service was nice and the staff was very welcoming. On par with the hospitality to people working at disney.

Having two supermarkets, a royal farms, fast food places, and an outlet mall nearby were nice.

Unfortunately, my expectations for the resort was a bit high. Having stayed at many resorts in various states, I expected to have two cribs in my room for my toddlers and the rooms to be more like a hotel (not motel).

Upon checking in, I was told it was a fire code (safety) issue and I could only get one crib. I even promised that I would not use the sofa bed, but my request was denied by two different people. Knowing that I probably could not find another place on a holiday weekend, we decided to stay. At night, one toddler used the crib while I coslept with the other. Because of my concerns of my toddler falling off or being crushed, I did not get much sleep. In hindsight, we should have just never stayed or picked up a pack-n-play somewhere. Anyway, the owner recently contacted me after I sent in a survey and she apologized. She said that I should have been able to have two cribs if I was not using the sleeper sofa. It was too little too late.

The beds in our ranch room were comfortable and the bedding looked clean. There was a newer flatscreen TV and plantation blinds. However, the room had an outdated motel decor with an old phone, small fridge, and old furniture. The walls had outdated wood paneling and the carpet could have used a good deep cleaning (my white socks got dirty pretty quickly walking on the dark green carpet). Apparently, they do regularly clean the carpet. It may have just been my luck to be the last occupants before the scheduled cleaning for that particular room.

We had a few other issues as well. A microwave in the room would have been nice. There were about 6 flies flying around my room along with 3 dead on the carpet when I first checked in. We removed them, but every day, there were 3 or 4 more. Not sure where they were coming from, but it was just bothersome having a fly flying around your head when you are trying to sleep. The shuttle was great, but not compatible with our double stroller. There was just not a good place to store it on the shuttle. We opted to go to the beach by car early (around 9 am) and park on the street for free (You can park for free on the side streets next to boardwalk beyond 11th street. Just get there early in the summer.). The next two are more of a preference. We were not allowed to use our toddler floats in the indoor pool, which made it tricky to watch two toddlers by myself. They had floatation devices for you to use, but my toddlers prefer our floats that keep their upper body out of the water. And lastly, I wish the toilet had a lid and/or bathroom a lock. My toddlers are going through the stage of investigating everything, including toilet water.

So we are unsure if we would ever stay here again. My kids really liked the sprayground, which sets this place apart from many of the other places in ocean city. And the staff were very friendly. Please keep in mind that it is more of a motel with some perks of a resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your reivew. I do hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future. We do have several room type options and I apologize for any confusion about the cribs. If I can assist in accomodating your family in the future please contact me directly.

SIncerely
800-213-0088 ext 104
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this resort for 2 nights during the labor day weekend and overall we had a good experience. The staff is very welcoming and prompt. Rooms are average and hotel staff keep it clean. We never had any problems with the room. This is not a luxurious resort so you need to keep expectations leveled. We loved the activities at the resort from put put, both indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor is quieter) and the picnic area. They have a shuttle to the beach which is the best feature of this resort. No need to worry about the parking and they run all day until 10pm. every half hour. The ride to the beach is 5-10 minutes and drops off right off the boardwalk.
The only negative was the Route 50 hotel inside the resort which is very average and service was extremely slow but there are plenty of options to eat outside. I would definitely recommend this resort for families with kids and I would most likely stay there next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed the holiday weekend with us! I have passed your constructive words to my husband who oversees the Diner. We hope to see your family again soon!

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a great time at the resort!!!They have great amenities, friendly staff and especially loved the shuttle to the beach!It was close to everything and it is a great place for the whole family to enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am very proud of our staff and I am glad that you mentioned them in your review. We know you have many places to choose when vacationing and we thank you for choosing the Francis Scott Key!

Sullivan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

FSK is a great place to stay. It is a wonderful resort for families. It has great amenities from the indoor pool and hot tub to the mini golf, family movie night, beach shuttle and outdoor pool. The pizza at the indoor pool is the best! Check out the Route 50 Diner also. It has great decor and food. We stayed in the ranch building and it was clean, comfortable and spacious. One of the best features we found at the hotel was upon check-out. We were told that we could enjoy the amenities until 6pm and were given a key to get into the indoor pool upon returning our room keys. Instead of leaving for home after our 11 am check out we decided to stay and swim and eat at the diner. It was like getting a bonus day of fun. The staff was great. We are already counting the days until next summer. Give this place a try, you will not be disappointed.
Kline family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy that your family was able to extend your vacation! We feel it is a great option to enjoy OC a little longer without having to pay for another night!

See you soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a great time at FSK. My 4 & 5 year old had a last at the spray ground and pools. Loved the shuttle to the beach. Great diner on property, cool decorations. Rooms were clean and updated. Easy to get to off of 50. Close to outlets, Starbucks and royal farms.. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. A redo for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Great..we would love a redo! Looking forward to seeing your family again soon!

Annemarie DIckerson
Owner

Been to Francis Scott Key Family Resort? Share your experiences!