This was our second visit. The first was in 2010, it was excellent then because I had my 11 yr. old son and my two 10 yr. old niece. and nephew. They were busy all the time, crafts,pools. They had a ball! Now I my 11 yr. old is 13.
The basketball court was my saving grace to keep him occupied this time.
After a long drive, the front desk person wasn't rude, but wasn't very welcoming. That was a let down, the Internet service was non existent in the Pennsylvania house. In a WiFi world, it would have been great to have access, the desk said it was free, but WiFi signal was not! strong enough. We couldn't check out the websites for activities, we weren't able to play our online games, post pictures. Kinda disappointing. In order for us to use our cell phones we had to leave the room,
There were flies in the air conditioning. Bummer.... The little comforts of home were missed.
Our housekeeper, Ivanna kept our room clean and even made little swans for our beds. That was a nice touch.
We have a 2 yr old now so, we kept him in the pools he had fun. I guess I just wanted the same feeling I had on the first visit. I didn't get it. .
We will give it another try in a couple of years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md