“Wonderful vacation destination for families.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book online and save 10%
Ranked #7 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
Millsboro, Delaware
“Wonderful vacation destination for families.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Francis Scott Key is a great family resort. They offer plenty of amenities for all ages and the rooms were very clean. Staff members are very friendly and helpful. FSK is just minutes away from the outlets and boardwalk. You will definitely enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Request rooms with the full kitchenette. It will save you plenty of money.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
The outlets have just gone through a renovation and the new stores and new look is fantastic. We are surrounded by great restaurants and shopping not to mention the great beaches...We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay!

Hope to see you again soon!

619 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Bowie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is top notch when it comes to a family friendly vacation. It's great in the summer with all the outdoor activities (pool, miniature golf, etc) as well as the off season (indoor water park, movie & popcorn, etc.). We have stayed at FSK both in the summer as well as the off season and there was always plenty to do for everyone.

Room Tip: We love the rooms named after states because they're closest to the indoor water park.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write. Our family centered property is "where kids rule!." Thank you for choosing Ocean City when you vacation and letting the Francis Scott Key be your vacation home away from home!

Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is great very family friendly .lots of things for kids thats included. save money and add family fun time. mini golf, pools,sprinklers,basket ball,volley ball, sno cones . Kids have fun there too so they are not complaining to be on the boardwalk contantly and spending all your money lol which makes mom and dad less stressed!Staff is excellent and treat you like a VIP. Been going here for the past 11 years and never had a bad experience. Plenty of Parking which is a major plus. Cant say enough good things . THE BENSER family

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We love our families... We are so blessed that we have a very large return guest list! We look forward to seeing our familiar faces all through the summer! I am especially excited for our return cabin families to see all the improvements! We appreciate that you took the time to write and we are looking forward to 2013!

Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was our first stay, many friends have stay and told us how great it was. We came down for 2 nights April 1-April 3. I read the reviews online and some of them scared me a bit, But when we arrived everyone was so nice, the indoor waterpark was great, playground and golf. We love that they had movies at night something to keep the kids busy( the also have games, books, computer and dvd for you to use all FREE) They were able to give us a room on the first floor due to my husband being blind steps are very hard, (many hotels will not do this for us) My only problem is when you enter your room there is a musty smell, but once we turned the air and fan it did not bother us. Thanks for the great time , We will be back again thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to write. Tripadvisor is a great tool for guests to get feedback from other families. Though we may not be a perfect fit for everyone we will do our best, when notified of a guest complaint, to fix an issues. When we do receive constuctive critism I always try to find out the complaint first hand either from our comment cards or online. Many times, not always, guest issues could have been handled while on property and maybe changed the entire experience.

We are so pleased that your family enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Annemarie DIckerson
Eastern Shore Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I really enjoyed the hotel! The customer service was really great, and for me that sometimes makes or breaks my stay at resorts or hotels. My girls had a blast in the pool! The lifeguards were very attentive. Our room was perfect for the four of us, not crowded at all( well the bathroom was a little tight) even with a crib (which was provided for free). The only thing about our room that I didn't care for was the back door. It didn't lock well and it made me uncomfortable, my 2 year old could open it, even when it was locked. The beds were awesome! I didn't want to get up in the morning. Slept great! There were so many free things to do with the kids like miniature golf, movie rental and books and board games. My daughter loved watching Wreck It Ralph in the Lounge and eating the popcorn which was also free. All in all it was a great family getaway, can't wait to come back again. The only thing I would say would be to check the pool times, I did not realize the pool didn't open the next morning til 12, that was a little disappointed, because we couldn't stay, but my own fault for not checking ahead of time. I really enjoyed this place and cannot wait to take my kids back again so we can try out everything your hotel has to offer!

Room Tip: if you are there for the indoor pool, you will want to request a room closer to the indoor pool, we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am assuming the building was the Delaware as it is the only one with back doors and I will have them check for safety. We are so glad that your daughters loved their stay. Francis Scott Key...where kids rule!

See you soon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Website showed a lovely facility. Outside of the pool, there is very little to like about this hotel. Our room had a terrible musty odor. My girlfriends soon had two asthma attacks during our stay of three nights. There is a lake/swamp? On the property. We attempted to fish in it only to in counter large rats! I honestly couldn't believe it! My son was ok, but my GF son was very upset. I was told by the front desk that they are not rats but some other type of rodent. what's most upsetting is that we could have stayed at the Holiday Inn on the boardwalk for a few bucks more. There was also a steady flow of unsavory individuals on the property itself. I'm a large well built man, but being in this type of environment with my family still made uncomfortable. My thirteen year old son who is a black belt in Muay Thai Karate and a serious wrestler was asking me to "Get the hell out of this dump" by the second night. This is not a place for decent families. I have NO IDEA how this place ended up ranked number nine on trip advisor. Maybe on Hillbilly. com! Never again!

• Stayed March 2013
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I had the opportunity to speak with this guest today and I appreciate that he took the time to give me his perspective. We realize that we can not be a good fit for all guests and when we are not it is important to me that we address guest issues. When speaking with the guest he did inform me that other then our fishing pond he did not make any complaints to our staff. I did personally inspect the guest room and I did not notice a musty smell but we did days prior to this guests arrival have new carpets installed and I did mention that perhaps that was the odor. If we are notified of an issue we will do whatever possible to fix it, move the guest or if we can't resolve the issue help them find other accomodations. I have offered to assist this guest when they return to Ocean City in any way possible.

To address the other comments we do not have large rats in our pond. It is a small pond that is stocked with fish and we offer fishing rods for our guests. We have had possoms and other natural water animals from time to time. Also, we do have families in all shapes, colors and sizes and we love the diversity of our guests. That being said if a guest is loud or making others uncomfortable we will do our best to handle the situation quickly when notified.

If the guest room was not cleaned properly I have no excuse or explanation for that. It is not acceptable and would have been addressed ASAP. We are not a luxury hotel but we are clean and that is a top priority.

As I have stated before, we have in the last 10 years begun the transformation of the 1950's roadside motel of 60 units to a 232 family resort. We are dedicated to make our guests happy at an affordable rate and to hopefully give them Ocean City memories to last a lifetime.

I promise that the constructive criticism we received is not lost. We will take this guests concerns and work to make sure it is a lesson learned.

Dover, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our second trip to Visit the Francis Scott Key Resort in Ocean City.. It is such a wonderful place for families.. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the customer service is always top rate weather it be on the phone or in person. I would recommend to hotel to everyone.. The first time we went we stayed in a standard room, which was very nice comfy bed and very clean... Our most recent trip we upgraded to a room with a kitchen, it was wonderful.. They had everything we could have needed available to us.. They offer free video rental, free mini golf, and a wonderful indoor and out pool adventure.. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel and it's staff. We just got back yesterday and are already getting rates to return in the next few weeks.. I forgot to mention they are right across the street from the outlets... The grounds of the hotel are very well kept as is the pool area, you always see staff members in site and they are always willing to help.. We will only use this resort in Ocean City....

Room Tip: rooms away from the pools are quieter.. No elevator so might want 1st floor.. Great place to stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much! We are blessed with an incredible staff. It makes our job so enjoyable watching families making memories together! We will see you again soon!

Owner

Been to Francis Scott Key Family Resort? Share your experiences!