I was staying at FSK a zero cost due to being there for the wedding of a friend so im not Bothered due to cost issues. Thatbeing said, The first thing I noticed was an unbelievably overwhelming mustiness and mildewy smell in the room I was staying which was in the Maryland building, Rm 118. There was also an open package of used soap on the sink. The first thing I did was turn the heat down and turn the ceiling fan to high to try to demustify the room but that didn't work...so I was resigned to having my clothes smell musty.
On my second night, I went over to the concession stand to buy some food. I left 15 minutes later and I felt I had received a chlorine bath...my eyes burned from the chlorine fumes in the air and I felt like my lungs and nose were slightly scorched from those fumes.
My only other complaint is the remarkably slow wifi. I'll concede that this is a small complaint but if a business is going to advertise Wifi, it should have Wifi that handle the load of so many devices...and this was winter so imagine how it will be in the summer. It was so slow I just went ahead and used the 3G on my phone.
Overall, my stay was okay although the horrid mustiness of the room was a deal breaker for me. Unless this room is just a rare occurrence, I don't think I'll come back should I return OC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md