We took our family of 5 to FSK, this past Saturday, for one night to celebrate our daughter's 8th birthday. She loves to swim and thought the indoor pool would thrill her, as well as her two brothers. We only live about 1/2 hr from OC so it was a nice surprise that we could afford this time a year because of the rebated price.
Our room was extremely musty, had almost no water pressure, & gnats were everywhere in the bathroom. The indoor pool was nice and the kids really enjoyed it, but when we took them back after dinner there were several overly-intoxicated people there. They were loud, some cursing at their kids in the pool, and it was not the most kid-friendly atmosphere at that point. We left after maybe an hour, so all-in-all the kids enjoyed the pool for maybe 2-hrs of the stay, since we went early that afternoon, as well.
My daughter had terribly swollen, irritated & burning eyes that evening due to the chlorine levels. We woke up the next morning with all five of us being completely congested with coughs. Needless to say, we checked out as soon as possible, I believe it was around 8:30 am. Within just a short time all of our coughs and congestion dissipated.... We don't plan on returning :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md