We made an impromptu overnight trip to the little treasure. We live within a few hours and we were on a mission to find an indoor pool for our daughter to play in. Well, we definitely got what we were looking for. For starters, we booked our reservation the day of on their website and got 10% off...When we arrived, check-in was pretty simple. The front desk clerk was very hospitable and explained everything...pool hours, how to get to our building, the restaurant being closed due to off season, etc. My husband was impressed that even though we just made our reservation three hours prior to showing up, they had everything printed out and ready to go for us by the time we got there. As we drove to our room, we saw the outdoor pool area, the playground and the putt-putt golf course. The motel is comprised of several building named after the original states. We were in the New Jersey building on the second floor. We had two double beds with a kitchenette. The beds were nice Tempurpedic branded beds. The kitchen was fully stocked with a setting for four. There was a little table with four chairs. Since it was cold outside (even flurrying) we drove over to the indoor pool. The building housed a gym with a few machines, an arcade and bathroom facilities with full showers, changing rooms and lockers. The arcade had an air hockey table and several arcade games. In the pool area, there was a snack bar that serves ice cream, drinks, pizza, chicken fingers, hot dogs and fries. The pool was great. There was a slide and a volleyball net. Although we didn't need them, the hotel provided life vests and beach balls. The pool area was lined with tables, chair and lounge chairs. They also had thick pool towels.
This was definitely a quaint motel that appears to be run by a family that knows how to take care of their guests and knows how to take care of their property. It was truly a fun experience and we'll definitely be back to visit in the future.
Our only cons because there always has to be cons...the paving needs to be updated and the walls a a little thin...we could hear the kids in the room next door...
- Also Known As:
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel Ocean City
- Francis Scott Key Motel
- Francis Scott Key Hotel Ocean City Md
- Francis Scott Key Family Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Year-round family resort offering affordable rates and packages surrounded by many free amenities creating a unique, fun, memorable vacation trip and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Francis Scott Key Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.