“Awesome place for kids” 4 of 5 stars

Book online and save 10%
Ranked #8 of 107 hotels in Ocean City
“Awesome place for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

So let me start off by saying people who write bad reviews for fsk must be use to staying at the Ritz this hotel was a great place for my 2 kids the indoor pool was great other then the pool was kinda cold my 3 yr old daughter couldn't stop shaking but all in all a good pool the rooms were excellent yes the rooms did smell like a grandparents house but that goes away beds were super comfy and I'm 6 ft 1 the walls were thin but no big deal for the money it was the best place I've stayed at in ocean city and how could a hotel be bad if there sold out for the weekend service was awesome granted we did need anything they called us withing 15 minutes if arrival to see if we needed anything and if everything was OK I have stayed here before and would continue to stay here parking was hard bcus they were booked up o and the shower water was super hot and great pressure so all in all an awesome place to stay in oc so if you really write bad reviews then your probably high maintenance and you should stay somewhere else

• Stayed February 2013
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your honest comments in your review. We strive to give a great experience, memory making without wallet busting vacation for our families. We have been blessed with wonderful families coming year after year and we try to make our kids feel like this place was made for them!

Looking forward to your next stay!

608 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

FSK is the best place to stay in OCMD! Especially with kids. My family and I have been staying here every year since our girls were 5, their now 18!! For the past few years, we have been staying twice a year, once in the summer and again in early October. It is an all around great price for everything they have to offer. We have never had an issue with any ammenties or rooms at FSK. This year we have another family vacation planned, can not wait!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in almost every building at FSK except the ranchers. But I'm sure they are just a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We love that you love it here! We are looking forward seeing our families in 2013! Thank you for taking the time to write!

Sunbury, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here around bike week. We really liked the rooms. We had a kitchen room on first floor. Very nice people and very clean. They really keep after things with out bothering their customers my 3 year old loved it! Guests were very friendly also. My son had a great time at the play ground with others children who were staying also. Very nice:)

Room Tip: Shopping areas close as well as things to do
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review.....we think we have the best guests as well! September is such a great time to experience Ocean City!

Thanks for taking the time to write!!

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went “off the beaten path” for New Year getaway. We had a ranch-type room in NY building with 2 double beds, sofa, and kitchen. Outdated but clean. Did not realize that buildings are not connected and you have to walk/drive to the pool which is in Florida building. But not a big deal but Fl rooms would be more efficient in the winter to move between pool and room. On the first day we had pool almost to ourselves. Kids had lots of fun. We also received $ 25 gift card to use in pool concession stand which was much appreciated. We got ice cream and coffer and still have money left on the card. They also have movie night. We were only one family who showed up so we had the entire movie lounge to ourselves. We also did not like what they were showing and per our request it was change to another one. Again, great. I needed internet to catch on my work but it was very slow. Thankfully we had potable WIFI. So I wouldn’t count of their internet connection. May be was isolated incident. The one and only negative we experience its staying on the ground/first level. It’s an older building so you can hear everything around you. There was a family with two kids staying above us. I could here every yelling/screaming/crying/whining/ jumping/running… till late hours. We would definitely return but will request room on the second level. Also seems like would be extremely crowded during summer months. But off season seems perfect.

Room Tip: Stay only on the second floor to avoid noise above your head
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Happy New Year and thanks for your review. We are alot more crowded in the summer but we also have all of our amenities open and available! We are working hard to continue to upgrade and give our guests the best possible experience while keeping the price affordable.

Hope to see you all again soon!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I live in the Ocean City area and it has become tradition for me to take my grandson and one of his friends to Francis Scott Key for an sleepover swim party for his birthday. The kids love it and so do I - the pool area is perfect for both young and not so young children. The kids are encouraged to have fun and it's not unusual for one of the lifeguards to join them in playing volleyball or water basketball when there are only a few kids in the pool. The resort itself is kept very clean and the staff is very welcoming, making suggestions of other activities to keep the kids busy. We go in December so it's usually too cold to do many of the outside activities, but during the summer there is a nice outdoor pool, basketball, putt putt area to keep everyone busy. During the evening they now have a nice family lounge area where you can watch the movie of the evening and enjoy free popcorn. Thankfully one of the recent additions to the resort is the concessions so during the winter months when the restaurant is closed you can pizza and snacks without having to leave the resort - although if you wish to there is plenty of options just across the street in the outlet mall. My grandson has had such a good time that every year when asked what kind of party he wants for his birthday he immediately says he wants to go back to the Francis Scott Key - this was our 6th year there and he never tires of it.

Room Tip: Indoor pool is in the rear of the complex so during the winter months best to ask to stay in the Flo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We love that we can be a part of making birthdays special. We are blessed to have a great staff that enjoys being a part of making families happy and comfortable at the FSK. We hope the tradition continues.....

Annemarie DIckerson
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and let me say I have enjoyed this resort. My Grandaughter lives in Pocomoke City and I in PA. When I come to visit I ask her if this is where she wants to stay and I get a big "OH YEAH". We have a great time here, the activitties for kids can't be beat from movie night the wildlife people that bring there birds for education and of course the pool that we spend hours at. The only negative is no microwave in the rooms that we stay in other then that we'll see you in April.

Room Tip: upper floors are Quiter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
fskinoc, General Manager at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write! We love that your family enjoys family time here at the FSK!. We did add microwaves for guest use in the guest laundry building and all rooms with kitchens have a microwave as well! Hope to see you soon!

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

we stayed here for the first time in 2012 we stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms and my entire family was very happy with the overall stay from all the events the splash grounds and the indoor pool. My Parents also came and stayed during the time that my family was there in separate rooms and they really enjoyed their stay as well my two children and my two nephews loved all the things available to do. There was something for the whole family to do my husband and father loved the pool bar and i found the laundry room to be very clean and convenient. We already booked our stay for 2013 in one of the cabins. We would have liked to have seen a cabin while we were there to decide on staying in one, however they were all occupied while we were there. I have heard that the cabins are not remodeled yet. I hope that they are just as nice as the renovated room that we stayed in and my extended family will be booking their room soon for their stay while we are there. hoping to make this a family vacation every year

sincerely
fsk fan

Room Tip: the full kitchenette rooms are worth the price when you book online for the sunday to friday stay
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are so excited for the our guests to see the cabins. As of now we have completely guted the cabins, the windows have been replaced and we will begin the drywall process very soon. All the cabins will have new carpet, walls, windows, kitchen cabinets, furniture and bedding. We are also adding a second TV to the bunk room and the second bedroom will have a queen instead of a double. Looking forward to 2013....see you soon!

Owner

Been to Francis Scott Key Family Resort? Share your experiences!