“F(Frances Scott Keys)A(Always accommodating)M(Monetarily Manageable)I(Instantly Fun)Y(You will want to book today!)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Francis Scott Key Family Resort

Book online and save 10%
Ranked #8 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Im smiling typing this review! Frances Scott Keys Family Resort has done it again!! Every late June my family and I look forward to spending time at our favorite Resort FSK Family Resort!! last year our car broke down and we missed the first whole day:( but my son wasnt too upset(mommy was:) but he was so excited about hitting the outdoor pool in the morning he wasnt upset for long:) If I have to have a bake sale being a single mommy on a fixed income Alex and I and my immediate family will be staying for a whole week!!! I am sooo excited!! FSK is one place where you KNOW you will be taken care of:) I had to copy and paste this quote from the owners who care about their community and others on a daily basis! I love it! here is their quote>>"Overall the Francis Scott Key was very lucky. I pray that our Ocean City businesses and friends and familys homes are in the same position. We will open today for any displaced locals at 11am. We have rooms with kitchens and will be open today until 6pm. Tomorrow we will resume our normal off season hours. We have power (as of now) and will be cleaning our property from debris so pardon our mess. As Ocean City is still closed from downtown to 62nd street we would ask out of town friends of Ocean City and the FSK to wait and give the town time to get it safe and for visitors. Thank for you all your prayers... Jim and Annemarie" when I saw that on my NewsFeed on Facebook:) (oh yes we love FSK so much we tell everyone to take a trip and we keep up to date happenings at FSK:) they are treat everyone like family! I am going to make sure this year to find Annemarie and meet her in person:) she is awesome and made sure our stay was awesome and accommodating:) Alex was having so much fun in the pools I couldnt get him out of it lol then it was bedtime!:) See for yourself how much we love FSK Family Resort, take a tour you will be ready to book your time there on the spot!! Be safe everyone! Happy Holiday Season 2012!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so blessed to have an extended family that comes and stays with us for their vacation. We look forward to the next visit!!

Annemarie Dickerson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Cumberland, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My stay was in October 2012- off season, so the resort was not very crowded. I am of a middle class income level and was not expecting a room like the Marriott.

The resort has so many positive aspects: it offers family movies in the lobby at 8 pm., the indoor pool is one of the nicest hotel pools that I’ve been to, the indoor pool staffs 2 lifeguards, it offers free miniature golf, the staff are nice and very helpful.

With all of the strengths, I will not return because the room was so outdated. You can only clean something so many times before it needs to be replaced. I hesitate to say the room was dirty, but everything in it needed to be replaced. The carpet looked dirty and dingy, no vacuum was going to improve its state. The bedspreads were yellow and flowered; some of the sheets were off-white. It smelled like an old house. The thing that bothered me most was that he website states that microwaves are available in each room. I had to truck quite a hike to go to the laundry room to heat my 1 year old’s bottle each night because my room did not have a microwave. When I inquired about a microwave, the front desk told me that the wiring in the building that I was staying in would not support one.

Overall, other folks, who I met at the pool, seemed happy with their room. I booked late and was roomed in the oldest building in the resort. Despite all of that this place has going for us, I will not return and chance another stay in another dank room.

Room Tip: Book earlier and pray for a nice room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thanks for your comments. We are the busy process of prepping for next year and our projects. We will be replacing the carpet and furniture 5 buildings and 14 vacation homes. We do not offer microwaves in all rooms, just those with kitchens which are a total of 80 rooms and 14 vacation homes. We added microwaves in the new guest laundry room this past winter.The bedspreads were all replaced in 2010. It is our goal that all 232 rooms will be completed this winter and we will continue to provide a clean and comfortable place for our families.

I would be happy to make reservations for your next stay to ensure that you are satisfied with all aspects of your stay.

Annemarie DIckerson
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had never been to Ocean City so we decided to go over the Columbus Day weekend just to get out of town and relax. The beach and the boardwalk were fun however, it was very cold and rainy. I was so happy that the kids could play at the indoor waterpark and not have to be in the room parked in front of the T.V. Both children ages 3 and 12 both enjoyed the indoor pool. The location was perfect for their Dad to go fishing and for all of us to go to the boardwalk in about a 3 minute drive. My daughter loved that she could go to the front desk and get DVD's to watch in our room at night. Our room was very spacious and very clean (we stayed in the main house which the kids said we stayed in a mansion and not a hotel). Everybody was very friendly towards us. Our 3 year old is excited to go back in the summer when he can play in the outdoor water park/ship and we are more than excited to stay here again. It is great for families with children!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
fskinoc, Owner at Francis Scott Key Family Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
What a great review...Thank you. Though we don't have all our amenites available in the off season I am glad your children are looking forward to coming back when everything is in full swing!

See you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This is an older hotel, family owned and operated. They provide basic accomodations at a fair price. One nice thing, every room has tempur Pedicure mattresses. Xlnt nights sleep. They include mini gold, a pool and in the summer a pirate ship for water battles. It's good hotel and very family oriented, the staff are responsive to problems ( like noisy people next door)

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your honest comments. We are a good clean family run hotel. Not your top tier resort but as you stated a nice, affordable basic property with a kick (amenities) that hopefully exceeds our guests needs and expectations. Hope to see you again!

Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The location is great! Just over the Rte 50 bridge and directly across from Outlet shopping. The lobby and rooms were very clean. The staff was more than friendly and helpful. Saturday movie night was great! They have a huge room w/ lots of oversized couches and chairs. They even have popcorn (old fashioned maker..yum!) to go w/ the movie! We enjoyed watching it curled up by the huge fireplace. The indoor waterpark is a huge benefit when traveling w/ kids. They loved it! The front desk allowed us to tour a cottage. Perfect for a small family. Looking forward to returning! Thanks Franics Scott Key for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your great comments...we love our movie nights! A great way to wind down for our families! The cabins will be reonated this winter so look for updates to come!

Thanks Again
Annemarie DIckerson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Naturally this area is packed during the VW car show but this hotel was a slight exception. Far enough away from the cars cruising the strip, no parties but very thin walls. Very nice staff allowed early check in and informed me of all seasonal amenities including the very nice pool despite the lack of depth. Overall: very nice and worth every penny.

• Stayed September 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your Ocean City VW weekend with us! We appreciate your business and hope to see you cruise down again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Over the bridge from Ocean City Maryland. Rooms clean & roomy.
The restraunt in the hotel is good but not open for late nite snacks.
There is a shopping center across Thd street.
If u r going to the boardwalk use the hotel's shuttle. Parking near the boardwalk is hard.
If u buy a ride pass from the hotel, it is only good for 1 pier on the boardwalk & the other pier is further down on Ocean Drive ( the main road).

• Stayed August 2012
Thanks for your review. We do feel as though we are a nice family resort.....Glad you agree!

Hope to see you soon!

SIncerely
Owner

Been to Francis Scott Key Family Resort? Share your experiences!