“Yummy food and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 386 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
“Yummy food and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Everyone loved their food, good coffee. Place was a bit of a greasy spoon but we didn't care. Our server was awesome and we only waited 20 min to get a seat on a rainy morning.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maplewood, New Jersey
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was good, and the portion sizes were large. The peanut butter chip pancakes had chips throughout, and they gave us a whipped cream dispenser so we could determine just how much our kids got. The service was quick and friendly. Don't be discouraged by the line, we got in much quicker than they estimated.

Visited June 2013
Pennsylvania
“Pancakes good, rest of food not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visit OC yearly and decided to try something different for breakfast on our last day on our way out of town. The service here was great, but the food had a lot to be desired. Sorry, we won't be back!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's Just Pancakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I don't know where I got the idea to eat here, maybe I saw a sign or something but we wound up at Happy Jack's Saturday morning the day we left Ocean City. We got there at 830, so it didn't take long to get seated.

Food was mediocre but since it was cheap I did not complain. Service was friendly and fast, so that's always a plus. I had strawberry pancakes. My teenager had chocolate chip pancakes. Really, these are just plain pancakes with toppings. These are not pancakes that have the ingredients cooked into it. They're also kind of small, but perhaps that is a good thing.

We also had omelets. They were a little bit boring. I hate to add salt to food but I found it necessary because it was flavourless.

The only reason I'd eat here again is if the kids insisted on it. The food wasn't terrible and it wasn't expensive, so I don't know....

Oh, by the time we left around 915 there was a HUGE wait. I heard the host tell a family that it would be 30 minutes' wait. Plan accordingly.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Pancakes - Yeah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was looking for a place to eat and saw Happy Jack's Pancake House. I assumed it to be something like Denny's or IHOP but boy, was I wrong. The place was packed (this was around 1 PM) but I was seated quickly. I was surprised to learn that they just serve breakfast or maybe I just got the breakfast menu. They had pancakes about a dozen different ways as well as the usual breakfast fare. Naturally, I ordered the pancakes. They came out fast and hot and my side of bacon was crispy, just like I like it. The pancakes were light, airy but delicious. I had not had pancakes in some time so I did not know what I was missing. It was a great meal, very reasonably priced, fast and efficient service and very clean, What more could you want?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere