“The worst hotel service I've ever dealt with.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Monte Carlo to your Saves list
Hotel Monte Carlo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   216 North Baltimore Avenue, Ocean City, MD 21842   |
Ranked #78 of 107 Hotels in Ocean City
“The worst hotel service I've ever dealt with.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The hotel employees and managers will cheat you out of your money with your security deposits. The customer service is terrible and the hotel is not worth your money. Save your time and money, and find a different hotel to stay at.

• Stayed June 2012
hotelmontecarlo, General Manager at Hotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
The Hotel in no way or form keeps security deposit with out good cause. In this situation it was underaged students who decided to damage hotel property. The guest were asked to leave hotel when upon the damaged was discovered.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
clearfield, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

hotel room was very nice, as described on the internet.. clean, new carpet and new bedding. very comfortable . outside of balconies could use some clean up. otherwise a very nice hotel. clean pools and a very nice pool and hottub on the roof. love the roof!!!. not much for the continental breakfast., packages muffins and danish, juice . you have to fill icecube trays in the rooms for ice.. no ice machine.

would stay again. good location, near boardwalk. and activities.
parking was tight in the parking lot., BUS STOP RIGHT OUTSIDE THE OFFICE OF THE HOTEL.

Room Tip: side ocean view room with 2 queens and sleep sofa was a nice size room...alot bigger than the just...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went to ocean city for a last minute trip. Wanted a place up close to the boardwalk. Checkin was very fast and friendly.
Parking was just across the street, close and easy to get to.
Room was clean and nice size, only negative was the bathroom was very small.
Roof top pool area is very nice, indoor pool is very small.
Elevator is very slow, so just use the stairs.
Location is great, just behind board walk and easy walk to everything.

Overall was very impressed with the room and the complex, all the staff was super nice.

I will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Recently wrapped up a week long trip to OCMD & stayed at the Hotel Monte Carlo. Property fairly modern. All room furniture was from what I understand updated in 2012. Flat Screen TV w/ DVD Player. Beds were comfortable. Carpets were sand free. Outdoor furniture on balcony was clean. Met the maintance guy in the hallway & he did a check on my room to make sure everything was working properly, even installed updated clothing hangers in my room. Staff seems to take pride in the hotel property.

Hotel lobby did have that "Subway" Odor, but the smell of fresh bread isn't the worst thing in the world is it? The Subway Rest is attached to the hotel lobby, but still requires you to walk outside & around the front to enter the sandwich shop. Parking was very tight, advised to fold up you're mirrors when leaving you're car in the lot. Perhaps a Exterior Light can be installed to light up the parking area at night ...

Location is great, right down the street from the boardwalk. Only con - we were there for the begining of bike week, was a little loud to say the least when sleeping in the room with all the motorcycles. Would recommend to family & friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New Castle, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I would definitely stay at the Monte Carlo again. The rooms were clean, the rooms with the jacuzzi were really nice, the bed was comfortable and there was nothing to complain of. Great location very close to the boardwalk, and I definitely suggest paying the extra $20/day for preferred parking. This hotel is what I would expect of a "beach" hotel. There was a DVD player, flat screen TV, fridge, makeup remover wipes in the bathroom, and a microwave and plenty of space in the room. The outside pool was clean and definitely a nice way to cool off. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who isn't looking for anything fancy and top of the line.

All that said - I think there could be a few very minor improvements. The upgrades they made in 2012 to the room furnishings were fabulous. However, I wish they would have upgraded the shower curtain in the bathrooms - it looks like $1.00 cheapee you pick up at a general store. The curtain itself is functional but I think something a little nicer looking would do wonders for the bathrooms. I know in our room the sticker on the fridge that indicates that the fridge is off for energy conservation was worn off making it nearly illegible. So I spent the first few minutes wondering why the fridge was warm until I was able to make out the sticker on the front. Those are really my only two suggestions. Otherwise we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Malta, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel may of been the worst one we could of chosen!

Pros: the lobby smells like subway, big plus!
It has a rooftop pool
It has a rooftop hot tub, this was clean and niceish
Location, kind of you are one street down from the boardwalk but you are NOT on the boardwalk!

Cons: Sand in the bed or something, I know others have said this but I assumed it was a one off item but that is not the case. This hotel clearly does not change their sheets regularly.

Toilet was broke, I had to fix it multiple times myself because the back kept getting stuck so it would not fill up.

One elevator that is slow as hell, the stairs are WAY faster.

The parking: If parking could be any worse it would be clear off the island, nothing like driving around a place you do not know with vague instructions on where to park "its a block down".

The Staff: it appears many of these people do not care about their guests and if you write a bad review on here they follow up with pure lies (I will be expecting one claiming we was kicked out, or re-booked, or tried to get a free room, neither of which we did, or ever will do).
On top of all this I don't think they greeted us a single time when we went in or out.
The door keys: some reason it took several tries to get them to work on occasion.

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, between the terrible staff and living area, and the price (which was the final straw) I will never stay here again, and not recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: Get a room on a lower floor if you stay here, so you can use the stairs. Wear shirts/pants when you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
hotelmontecarlo, General Manager at Hotel Monte Carlo, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
In response to this review , we take seriously any complaints of dissatisfaction. The hotel changes its sheets daily. Due to our tripple sheeting we are one of them most clean hotels in the city. Most hotels offer bedspreads which are changed once a year at best. At our hotel we change the triple sheeting and blankets after every check out. this is extremely rare in our business that hotels do this. Our parking lots are a little tight but we do offer one free spot per room reserved. In our parking policy we do state we are not able to accmodate over sized vehicles. However we do provide suggestions are where to find this kind of parking. We thank this reviewer for pointing out some issues and I will personally look into it and make all necessary adjustments to make sure Hotel is always up to the high standards I as General Manager require from my staff for my guest.
Marietta, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else. The hotel staff is very unprofessional. Even after telling them of our problems, the room smelling of mold and smoke, they did nothing to cure this. We ended up staying because they would not refund our money and that everywhere else was booked.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Monte Carlo? Share your experiences!